Mel Kiper latest mock 3.0

i would be happy adding ingram to the d-line, anytime you get a talented player that is self motivated, has great character and work ethic it's a good day.

But is he a high-motor, lunch bucket type? :w00t:

Personally, I think that Melvin Ingram was the player the Nix was referring to when he talked about over-analyzing height and size.

I would be fine with Melvin Ingram, even though, he has short arms.

two words: Elvis Dumervil....

yeah...he's not quick/fast enough.

Watching this game (SC Alum), I thought it was a RB running. So did the announcers.

The last time I touted a South Carolina player, I was supporting John Abraham (one of my former students). Was confident he'd make a great pro. I feel the same about Ingram.

Edited by BillsFanInTexas

We're drafting an OT at 10 unless we resign Bell or sign an OT in FA. No way we're plugging in a second tier rookie to start at LT or will play Hairston at LT again (it's not as though Buddy has endorsed Hairston as our LT of the future). Not having a legit player at LT this year is inconsistent with the moves the front office has made (they clearly think we can be competitive why then take a step back at a key position?). Also, remember what Buddy said about this year's DEs (didn't seem a though he felt there was one worthy of a 10).

When you watch a defensive player who's slow off the snap, you have to ask the questions:

Is he an athlete that lacks quickness and explosion?

Are there other plays where he explodes off the ball?

Is it possible that based on down and distance and formation that he's in a run read or a read and react mode?

Scouts are always asking players what techniques they are coached, etc. If he's playing a two-gap scheme he's not gonna be shooting gaps.

With Ingram you see on some plays the incredible explosiveness… then you verify that with his outstanding time in the 40 and his extremely good 10 yard split time…

I immediately noticed that on the first few plays Ingram didn't "come off the ball" hard… it seemed obvious that he was in read and react mode.

You can still get off the ball and read and react. He just looked like he wasn't paying much attention, and it wasn't just the first few snaps. I didn't realize those were 2010 clips, although it should have clicked when I saw Newton in there.

I think getting off the ball is more mental than anything else, I used to know track guys that would drop smaller and smaller objects on the ground in order to tune their bodies and senses to get going as quickly as possible. I'm not saying he's slow, once he gets going he's a load. If we pick him I hope he can diagnose and move a little quicker, because he won't he as much time at the nfl level.

I will say that he looks better in 2011, and he made a lot of nice plays in the auburn game. I still say he looks better as a dt than on the outside.

not fast?!? this entire game was amazing for him. but it was from this year so some people may have missed it... :blink:

youtube.com/watch?v=F5dkwPHQJXk

If he's there at 10 we need to take Melvin Ingram ! I feel if we don't it will be the same as when we missed on Brian Orakpo ( Aaron Maybin)!!! :wallbash: Melvin Ingram is gonna be a BEAST !!!! :worthy:

Edited by T Flynn