Freeney on the outs?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't that like asking would you rather have a Mercedes 500 or Honda Accord?

Price matters, no?

currently the gap in price is minimal. its the duration that is causing the sticker shock for most on mario. to wrap him up for his career would be pricey. freeney is slated for 14m tho.

Yes, we should have drafted him years ago. That would have been a nice combo of Freeny and Schoebel. He may be old but he was in the same draft and age as Peppers and I don't think anyone here would be complaining about that.

Is this a knock on the great Mike Williams?

currently the gap in price is minimal. its the duration that is causing the sticker shock for most on mario. to wrap him up for his career would be pricey. freeney is slated for 14m tho.

I agree with the current price for Freeney is nuts.

Ergo why he is being cut. And i think everyone, including Freeney and his agent, realize that number needs to get to around $10mil at most.

Mario is going to start out at $14-16mil a season, right?(and i am asking).

Point being, that extra $4-6mil is a quality/solid starters salary...something the Bills do have some holes at. Or even leaves them with the flexibilty of extending Levitre? IMHO.

the one factor to consider is that the Bills chances of getting Williams are slim even if they were willing to pay $100M+ over 6-7 years. But getting Freeney would be much easier. Give them a pick and he is yours. Then you worry about restructure/extension. Any sane person would say they want Williams over Freeney. But the questions isn;t that simple.

What type of defensive linemen does Wannstedt like?

They're pretty clear:

With Dave Wannstedt installed as the new defensive coordinator and the 4-3 announced by Chan Gailey as their base set moving forward the type of pass rusher they’re looking for is clear. “Defensively I would say the priority would have to be pass rushers, defensive ends,” said Nix. “We need pass rushers, one, maybe two.” Gailey said, "it gets extremely hard to find those outside backers year after year". Also Gailey said of pass rusher needing to be a stand up LB as well: “The priority would be pass rush and set the edge in the run game. Dropping would be a once in a blue moon type deal. That wouldn’t be a lot."

The above statement eliminates Andre Branch, Fletcher Cox, and Cam Johnson, for instance.