If a man hangs out with Nazis.....

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So wait, I don't argue with reason but I'm right?

Quit while you're ahead Beavis.

You are adamantly stating, without any question, that the race is over and Barack Obama will win. It's not a reasonable statement. It's an emotional one. Even your reasons are emotional.

Alternately, no one is adamantly stating that he will lose...only that his victory is not as simple a thing as your mind makes it out to be. Obama may very well win, but it's not likely to happen for any of the reasons swirling around in that noggin' of yours. In other words, you may be right, but by default, not by reason.

While I understand that simple logic is easy for most people to understand, it appears I have overestimated you.

You are adamantly stating, without any question, that the race is over and Barack Obama will win. It's not a reasonable statement. It's an emotional one. Even your reasons are emotional.

Alternately, no one is adamantly stating that he will lose...only that his victory is not as simple a thing as your mind makes it out to be. Obama may very well win, but it's not likely to happen for any of the reasons swirling around in that noggin' of yours. In other words, you may be right, but by default, not by reason.

While I understand that simple logic is easy for most people to understand, it appears I have overestimated you.

You dolt. I made that statement in a thread where people were talking about predicting the winner. Anyone can win. Even KRC. I made a prediction. I may be right. I may be wrong. Maybe you don't understand the concept of prediction? It's a reasoned guess.

You didn't put your neck on the line trying to make a prediction. Having taken no stand, your criticisms are empty. If you want to credibly join the discussion, make a prediction and back it up. Or continue to sit on the sidelines like the water boy.

Edited by John Adams

You dolt. I made that statement in a prediction thread. Anyone can win. Even KRC. I made a prediction. I may be right. I may be wrong. I feel confident I will be right.

You didn't put your neck on the line trying to make a prediction so you throw stones. Having taken no stand, your criticisms are empty. Who will win in November?

Romney

You dolt. I made that statement in a thread where people were talking about predicting the winner. Anyone can win. Even KRC. I made a prediction. I may be right. I may be wrong. Maybe you don't understand the concept of prediction? It's a reasoned guess.

You didn't put your neck on the line trying to make a prediction. Having taken no stand, your criticisms are empty. If you want to credibly join the discussion, make a prediction and back it up. Or continue to sit on the sidelines like the water boy.

It wasn't a prediction or a reasoned guess. The GOP is hitting a particularly rough patch in a very long race and the moment you saw a momentum swing, you panicked with a full-on emotional Elton John/Kiki Dee karaoke moment.

And I have repeatedly made my prediction, which right or wrong is at least reasoned. If unemployment stays in the high 8s and economic growth continues to tread water come November, Barack Obama will lose to a toaster strudel.

What's going on in the Republican primary doesn't begin to make me panic. Obama's a terrible president with a low approval rating--and I predict he'll win for all the reasons already covered, reasons that Magox disagrees with.

Way to continue to avoid making a prediction. Who will win?

Way to continue to avoid making a prediction. Who will win?

I would never be such a dumbass as to think I could, today, accurately predict who will win the presidency in November. It would be a dumbass guess at a dumbass question, and it's not my gig.

You? Yes. But, y'know...big surprise there.

Obama's a terrible president with a low approval rating--and I predict he'll win for all the reasons already covered

I'm going to have to agree with JA on this one.

Obama is easily the worst President as far back as I can remember which says alot just 3 years after George W Bush. But like the Democrats in '04 the Republicans are finding a way to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory.

Edited by /dev/null

Obama is easily the worst President as far back as I can remember which says alot just 3 years after George W Bush. But like the Democrats in '04 the Republicans are finding a way to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory.

If the election is held today, sure. We're talking virtually eight months from now. It's absolutely impossible to predict right now what will happen in November without luck being involved in 99% of the prediction.

It wasn't a prediction or a reasoned guess. The GOP is hitting a particularly rough patch in a very long race and the moment you saw a momentum swing, you panicked with a full-on emotional Elton John/Kiki Dee karaoke moment.

And I have repeatedly made my prediction, which right or wrong is at least reasoned. If unemployment stays in the high 8s and economic growth continues to tread water come November, Barack Obama will lose to a toaster strudel.

Add this one to the list.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2012/03/07/gas-prices-now-a-big-factor-in-presidential-election/

I know its not obummer, but........

If the election is held today, sure. We're talking virtually eight months from now. It's absolutely impossible to predict right now what will happen in November without luck being involved in 99% of the prediction.

I can't predict what will happen in the technology industry that I serve in a year either. Should I expand? Should I upgrade equipment?

You predict based on what you think will happen not on the fear that "It's absolutely impossible to predict right now what will happen in November." Are you this brave when predicting the Bills record in August? "I predict that if Fred Jackson runs for 1800 yards and Fitz throws 45 touchdowns, the Bills will make the playoffs."

Let me give you something that might help you here:

OO

I can't predict what will happen in the technology industry that I serve in a year either. Should I expand? Should I upgrade equipment?

You predict based on what you think will happen not on the fear that "It's absolutely impossible to predict right now what will happen in November." Are you this brave when predicting the Bills record in August? "I predict that if Fred Jackson runs for 1800 yards and Fitz throws 45 touchdowns, the Bills will make the playoffs."

Let me give you something that might help you here:

OO

I predict that by November you two will still be having this argument.

What in the holy hell does preparing and directing your company based on predictable technological trends possibly have to do with trying to pull the winner of the November presidential election out of your ass because you're in a political panic?

Look, you've argued yourself into a corner again, and once again you're left childishly taunting people to do what you did so you don't look like the sole dumbass. Maybe you can get DIN to play with you.

Edited by LABillzFan

.....associates himself with Nazis, breaks break with them, attends events espousing and celebrating Nazism....does that make HIM a Nazi?

And if the answer is yes, how is "Baraka Obama" NOT a leftist, marxist Alinskyite?

9 out of 10 pharisees agree with this logic.

What in the holy hell does preparing and directing your company based on predictable technological trends possibly have to do with trying to pull the winner of the November presidential election out of your ass because you're in a political panic?

Look, you've argued yourself into a corner again, and once again you're left childishly taunting people to do what you did so you don't look like the sole dumbass. Maybe you can get DIN to play with you.

Wow. I never thought you were as dumb as the likes of 3rdnlng. I stand corrected. And you're right:on one thing: I've fallen into the trap of beating on retards. It happens to us all over here. Sorry I've been hard on you. I'll lay off.

Edited by John Adams

Wow. I never thought you were as dumb as the likes of 3rdnlng. I stand corrected. And you're right:on one thing: I've fallen into the trap of beating on retards. It happens to us all over here. Sorry I've been hard on you. I'll lay off.

Ah, yes. The ol' "I know you are but what am I" response. Not surprised. I look forward to the "I'm rubber, you're glue..." rhetoric sure to follow any moment now. :lol:

That's a salient analysis. I feel you overstate optimism about polls that show Romney neck-n-neck with Obama. Obama isn't campaigning yet--I know--"He's been campaigning for 3 years" but we all know that's not true. When the Obama campaign team kicks into high gear, it's going to rev up strong. You don't, but people who doubt the strength of campaign Obama need to remember 2008 when a no name Senator became president. He's a strong campaigner. And he can spin a lot of positives "We've turned the ship around that the Republicans handed us." "Who's more of a friend of the 1%? Me, or the billionaire?" "We got out of the stupid war in Iraq." "We killed Osama."

Of course, a lot of it is BS but their message will be strong and one of Obama's weakest points with independents, the health care law passage, Romney can't credibly attack.

"Rev up strong"? He could campaign "strongly" before he won the office because he had no record. That's no longer the case.

People overestimate this stuff based every freakin' election. I remember when GHWB had a 90+% approval rating in February of his re-election year. He lost.

Mr. Obama better hope the economic news gets significantly better or it's not going to matter what he says or how much money he collects.

You are not only a dumbass, but a flip flopping coward. You make a statement and then try to find a way to back it up. When challenged, you warp the argument until it is a whole different argument, find a way to weazle out or run and hide. Nice side step in the Chucky Cheese thread.