Could Bills host AFC championship game?

Mr Info

Perhaps this scenario has been presented. But it is all predicated on the Bills continuing to win.

If the Jets lose and the Broncos lose this weekend, the Bills would be #5 seed and the Jets #6. If both the Bills and Jets continue to win their playoff games, I believe that could pit the Jets against the Bills in RWS for the conference championship. Correct?

As a season ticket holder, it's fun to consider the possibilities.

Perhaps this scenario has been presented. But it is all predicated on the Bills continuing to win.

If the Jets lose and the Broncos lose this weekend, the Bills would be #5 seed and the Jets #6. If both the Bills and Jets continue to win their playoff games, I believe that could pit the Jets against the Bills in RWS for the conference championship. Correct?

180709[/snapback]

If the bills r the 5th seed and Jets the 6th seed, here is how the playoffs will

play out for the bills to host the AFC championship game.

1. Jets at SD -- Jets win

2. Bills at Colts -- Bills win

seeds left are 1, 2, 5 and 6. Hence 6 goes to 1 and 5 goes to 2.

3. Jets at Pitt --- Jets win

4. Buf at NE --- Buf win

seeds left are 5 and 6.

5. Jets at Buf -- Buf win goes to the SB....

The way the Jets are playing, I can't see them going and winning at

SD and at Pittsburgh....Remember they lost already once in Pittsburgh.

180709[/snapback]

Hey Tony, how's it going? Are you surrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre you can't go this weekend?

Did you get my money?

Hey Tony, how's it going?  Are you surrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre you can't go this weekend?

Did you get my money?

180737[/snapback]

Brian,

I just received the mail and it has not arrived yet. I am nearly certain that I will be unable to attend the finale. It stinks but that is why I posted this. I want to continue thinking, however remote, that there could be another home game to attend this season.

If the bills r the 5th seed and Jets the 6th seed, here is how the playoffs will

play out for the bills to host the AFC championship game.

1.  Jets at SD  -- Jets win

2.  Bills at Colts -- Bills win 

seeds left are 1, 2, 5 and 6. Hence 6 goes to 1 and 5 goes to 2.

3.  Jets at Pitt    --- Jets win

4.  Buf at NE      --- Buf win

seeds left are 5 and 6.

5.  Jets at Buf    --  Buf win goes to the SB....

The way the Jets are playing, I can't see them going and winning at

SD and at Pittsburgh....Remember they lost already once in Pittsburgh.

180735[/snapback]

And no matter how well the Bills are doing now, there is no way they go into Foxboro and beat the Pats. That and they have to MAKE the playoffs first.

And no matter how well the Bills are doing now, there is no way they go into Foxboro and beat the Pats.    That and they have to MAKE the playoffs first.

181035[/snapback]

As long as the Pats don't have to play a 2-11 team in Joe Robbie on a Monday Night, you should be fine.

And no matter how well the Bills are doing now, there is no way they go into Foxboro and beat the Pats.    That and they have to MAKE the playoffs first.

181035[/snapback]

It is very hard to beat a team 3 times in a season... Yes... it happens... More times than not, it is very hard to beat a team three times in a season.

As long as the Pats don't have to play a 2-11 team in Joe Robbie on a Monday Night, you should be fine.

181038[/snapback]

Dont think any 2-11 teams will be in the playoffs so yes, we WILL be fine.

Talk to me once you make the playoffs. That is IF you make the playoffs. Sucks to need help doesnt it?

181038[/snapback]

;):)

I find it very ironic that last year Buffalo stomped the would be SB championship team in week 1... Now this year, they might beat the would be SB champ in week 16 (If Pitt wins).

What ever happens, playoff or not... That is something to hang your head up high about... Considering how crappy this Bills team has been the last many years!

:D

im sorry but im very superstitious, think only of the game ahead of you not of the game after

its to me the same concept of counting your money while playing poker when u havent cashed in... never think too far ahead especially when weère playing a 14-1 team even though well rested .... just think about pittsburgh

hehe

go bills

the only christmas gift i wanted this year was to see the bills play their hearts out

so far so good ;)

Talk to me once you make the playoffs.  That is IF you make the playoffs.  Sucks to need help doesnt it?

181041[/snapback]

No it doesn't... Like I have said in baseball... It should be the two best regular seaon teams that play... Call me a purist. The WC is fine in football where you play a shorter schedule and where a lot of intangibles come into play (weather, referee calls, etc...).

I am in bliss right now knowing that after week 4 this team appeared to be going nowhere... This season breaths life into the team, fan base, AND CITY!

I have lived through 4 SB defeats, I can live through more setbacks to GET IT RIGHT.

Just remember folks, Pittsburgh has lost its last 3 AFC Championship home games.   

What is it about teams from Pennsylvania and the AFC/NFC title game being hosted there?  Not good news for them.

181052[/snapback]

Mr. Sunshine,

And they won there first 4 (not sure if they were all in PA?).

Eventually the numbers work out. Think about it... Those 3 AFC championships are equal to the 1967, 1975, and 1985 BoSox... EVENTUALLY YOU WILL WIN ONE... The numbers are in PA's favor

Talk to me once you make the playoffs.  That is IF you make the playoffs.  Sucks to need help doesnt it?

181041[/snapback]

One thing I do know is true. Your team suffers the single most embarrassing upset in the last five years, and you're gone for a week until your team beats the Jets. If you lost to the Jets, you'd have been gone another week.

I look forward to your next losing season...and that time will come, oh yes, it will come...when you're gone for good.

And for what it's worth, am I the only one here who reads you posts and get the impression you feel like you actually did something to help your team win? You are one goofy fan, man.

I'm thinking you're like the BF/ICE of Patsy fans.

One thing I do know is true. Your team suffers the single most embarrassing upset in the last five years, and you're gone for a week until your team beats the Jets. If you lost to the Jets, you'd have been gone another week.

I look forward to your next losing season...and that time will come, oh yes, it will come...when you're gone for good.

And for what it's worth, am I the only one here who reads you posts and get the impression you feel like you actually did something to help your team win? You are one goofy fan, man.

181067[/snapback]

Cut him some slack LA... He's a man without a home (Patriots board)... ;):)

181067[/snapback]

I was gone over the last 4 days due to being suspended and then losing power yesterday.

And I was on this very board the minute the Pats lost that game to Miami last week. As you can clearly see, I've gotten over it and my team has gotten over it very nicely thank you.

I was gone over the last 4 days due to being suspended and then losing power yesterday.     

181112[/snapback]

Yep. Okay. Suspended. No power. Got it. But you've used those excuses, so when you start losing again and disappear, you'll need to come up with new ones, mmmkay?

And I was on this very board the minute the Pats lost that game to Miami last week.    As you can clearly see, I've gotten over it and my team has gotten over it very nicely thank you.

181112[/snapback]

I don't mind you spending time here... I actually find it pathetic... Why do you spend time here? Clearly, your screen name is disrespectful...

Enlighten us with engaing dialog form Patriot's nation?

????

I don't mind you spending time here... I actually find it pathetic... Why do you spend time here?  Clearly, your screen name is disrespectful...

Enlighten us with engaing dialog form Patriot's nation?

????

181124[/snapback]

He can do that, but he can only go back a few years.