Dungy claims "starters will play"

Rudyc80

got this from another board...they claim dungy was on teh morning show and said the following....

Dungy wants to keep his first stringers hot for the playoffs so they will play for the most part...He also believes the integrity of the game would want that especially if the Bills win earlier in the day....

HOPE ITS TRUE BUT SEEMS A BIT SUSPECT!

got this from another board...they claim dungy was on teh morning show and said the following....

Dungy wants to keep his first stringers hot for the playoffs so they will play for the most part...He also believes the integrity of the game would want that especially if the Bills win earlier in the day....

HOPE ITS TRUE BUT SEEMS A BIT SUSPECT!

180525[/snapback]

yeah right.........he doesn't want none of us........although I hope he hold true to his words and also.....tehy should want to win on the road......seeing they will only have their first game at home unless both pitts and new england get beat........which is highly unlikely

yeah right.........he doesn't want none of us........although I hope he hold true to his words and also.....tehy should want to win on the road......seeing they will only have their first game at home unless both pitts and new england get beat........which is highly unlikely

180530[/snapback]

Well, if he is trying to avoid us, he may not have a choice if the Jets lose and the Bills win.

I really don't think Indy will "try to avoid" anyone. Teams have too m uch pride and ego to "avoid" other teams. Remember, they have Payton Manning, Edge, Marvin and Freeney. We should be thinking about avoiding them.

That said, I have a gut feeling Dungy plays his starters AT LEAST the whole first half. This is why:

1) Payton getting more TDs - getting ready for outdoor game if they make it to NE

2) Edge is in the running for the rushing record.

3) Continuity on offense - had been lacking the last couple weeks.

GO BILLS!!

Except for maybe Peyton Manning, I can see the Colts playing their starters for most of the first half and their subs for the second.

My gut tells me though that even if the Colts play their subs all game, they can win. Guys like Dominick Rhodes and Reggie Wayne are explosive and the Broncos are not.

180596[/snapback]

this is what I think

180530[/snapback]

Pit and NE have a bye in the first week and host the divisional championship

games....Colts, if they win the home wild-card game will have to go to

New England.

The 3rd seed team cannot play the 1st seed in the playoffs until the

conference championship game.

Pit and NE have a bye in the first week and host the divisional championship

games....Colts, if they win the home wild-card game will have to go to

New England.

The 3rd seed team cannot play the 1st seed in the playoffs until the

conference championship game.

180653[/snapback]

if pitts lose in the conf and so does the pats.........and the colts are still alive.......they host the AFC champ game

Maybe Dungy will play Jim Sorgi and rest Manning this week, and then when Sorgi lights up the Broncos he'll get to start the playoff game.

180613[/snapback]

That usually only happens when you are a QB who can't throw over his linemen, is carried by the defense and only scores about 17 points a game.

That usually only happens when you are a QB who can't throw over his linemen, is carried by the defense and only scores about 17 points a game.

180686[/snapback]

You bash the last great hope we had in Buffalo. Unreal how many folks don't realize that Moulds career was started by Mr. Small. The man deserves more respect.

You bash the last great hope we had in Buffalo. Unreal how many folks don't realize that Moulds career was started by Mr. Small. The man deserves more respect.

180690[/snapback]

Hey, don't get me wrong, I liked Flutie a lot, but I don't think that benching Flutie was really the worst injustice in the world. In hindsight it may look bad, but the offense that year was doing terrible considering the talent.

180686[/snapback]

Flutie won ball games RJ did nothing except have one good game against J'ville which earned him about $25 million. Anybody who doesn't realize what Flutie did for this team is an idiot. There was serious talk of moving this team because they couldn't sell their corporate boxes, but when Flutie turned it around they sold out and the Bills stayed.