Nick Perry

Put up some great numbers at the combine(4.64 sec 40,38.5 in vert,124.0 in broad jump), haven't had a chance to watch a lot of film on this guy yet. Wondering if anybody believes he could be an option for us at #10. Measured in at 6'3" and 271 lbs. Again, haven't seen him a ton, so please share what you've seen.

So did Mercillis

In theis order I want

Poe

Mercilus at pick 10.

Perry (not at 10)

reserve judgement on Upshaw but he is dropping

Couples - no thanks unless he shows up in the third round. I remember Patulski, Dokes and Flowers

Kendricks (LB Cal)- is a beast maybe top 15 -

I would hate that guy in the AFC East. I would want Kendricks and Poe drug tested thoroughly they are juts too athletic to be true. Not just strength and speed either Their over athletic ability in the drills - Phenominal!

Edited by Trader

Funny how I got laughed at when I mentioned Perry a few weeks ago...anyhow, just goes to show that the kid is bound and determined to be a force in the NFL...

Take this for what it's worth because I've been infatuated with this kid for a couple years! He is a CLONE of Dwight Freeney. If you want to get a pass rusher, no one is better suited than Perry.

Stats: in 3 years at USC Perry racked up 29.5 tackles for a loss, 21.5 sacks, 6 PBU, 5 FF, and 1 FR.

Scouting report: Extrememly active edge rusher with elite quickness and great hands. He gets to the passer with a variety of moves. Very smooth with a ton of natural ability and good body control. He's very aggressive and has a relentless motor. Simply put, the kid just doesn't quit until the job is done and the QB is laying on his back. He plays with good balance and is stout, hard to move and has a great range for taking down ball carriers. He's got a mean streak and plays with a violent nature.

I've seen some reports that say he projects as an OLB in a 3-4, which I don't get because of the lack of experience with coverage...and that was before he put on a solid 22lbs. while maintaining the agility of a much smaller athlete.

To sum it up...I Love Perry @ 10.

Dream scenario: Sign Mathis in FA = a DL that looks like Perry, Williams, Dareus & Mathis...someone pinch me, I must be dreaming.

For at least 5-6 weeks, my favorite edge rushers have been Ingram (more because of his speed, range, and explosiveness), and as far as polished pass rushers go, Nick Perry and Andre Branch.

IMO Perry and Branch are both gonna be very good NFL pass rushers.

I'm still trying to get more video of Mercilus who I haven't ruled out by any means.

still think coples is the pick if available and think he fits the best as well. perry looked the part at the combine gaining some weight and still being pretty quick. espn had a article on branch/perry and said branch blew him out of the water on lateral movement and open field type moves.

personally I still feel like coples was asked to bounce inside so much then back out that it had a lot to do with his numbers being down. the thing that worries me about perry is he went games where he just didnt exist ot just a play or 2 off i mean a game or 2.

also thought it was interesting that melvin ingram showed up lighter to appeal to 34 teams too. to show he could play both. and appeal to all teams.

Looked like he would be a great pick for us , might be able to use him like Bruce S . Dude has got some arms looks very strong how many reps did he do ??

I hope we pick him over couples !! Couples has the same kind of attitude that Maybin had , thinks he's gods gift to football i think he will be an OK player but i don't think he will be as good as he thinks he'll be !!

Funny how I got laughed at when I mentioned Perry a few weeks ago...anyhow, just goes to show that the kid is bound and determined to be a force in the NFL...

Take this for what it's worth because I've been infatuated with this kid for a couple years! He is a CLONE of Dwight Freeney. If you want to get a pass rusher, no one is better suited than Perry.

Stats: in 3 years at USC Perry racked up 29.5 tackles for a loss, 21.5 sacks, 6 PBU, 5 FF, and 1 FR.

Scouting report: Extrememly active edge rusher with elite quickness and great hands. He gets to the passer with a variety of moves. Very smooth with a ton of natural ability and good body control. He's very aggressive and has a relentless motor. Simply put, the kid just doesn't quit until the job is done and the QB is laying on his back. He plays with good balance and is stout, hard to move and has a great range for taking down ball carriers. He's got a mean streak and plays with a violent nature.

I've seen some reports that say he projects as an OLB in a 3-4, which I don't get because of the lack of experience with coverage...and that was before he put on a solid 22lbs. while maintaining the agility of a much smaller athlete.

To sum it up...I Love Perry @ 10.

Dream scenario: Sign Mathis in FA = a DL that looks like Perry, Williams, Dareus & Mathis...someone pinch me, I must be dreaming.

I like Perry, as well, but one thing concerns me. He doesn't seem to have the ability to bend. He's very stiff and upright which makes it easier to get locked down by OT's in the NFL.

Watch the tape of him vs. Stanford OT Jonathan Martin. While he didn't sack Luck (to my recollection), he really abused Martin and was in the backfield the entire game. I watched the game live, and the Youtube clip does not really do his performance justice, but worth a look anyway.

I still have the USC Stanford game tivoed. He does make a few on Martin but there were many plays where he was just going 3/4 speed and didn't seem to have the fire in his belly. And this was their biggest game of the year. Let's not forget that Martin had turned his ankle early on in this game and came out for a couple of series until they could get some meds in him and tape him up. To me this guy is too risky for what we are wanting him to do. At least not @ #10.

Yeah that's the part I heard. He said he projects as a good 3-4 OLB. Not sure he's the guy for us. Especially at 10

I agree about Coples. You switched your mock draft again....before seeing what Kirkpatrick does as the combine?

Yea, He was my original pick in my mock. I decided to pick guys that I saw and like regardless of what pundits say. Also went with guys who I think Nix may take which is why Tannehill, Hightower and some others aren't on there.

I just don't see any of these DE's going in the first. It feels like the year we go LT in the first if we don't trade down.

All those DEs will go in the first.

Looked like he would be a great pick for us , might be able to use him like Bruce S . Dude has got some arms looks very strong how many reps did he do ??

I hope we pick him over couples !! Couples has the same kind of attitude that Maybin had , thinks he's gods gift to football i think he will be an OK player but i don't think he will be as good as he thinks he'll be !!

4.64 - 40, 35 reps