Demetrius Bell

aussiebills

If nothing else we need to keep him around for depth as long as we can get him for a decent price . His injuries suck the guy does seem to do well but like other Bills players he can't stay healthy .

The one guy we let go to Pittsburgh was suppose to be a bad LT & he started 2 years ago almost every game due to injury but our old O line coach Kuges got the most out of him & they as usual made the playoffs , so we ned to keep Bell if we can !!!

I remember being awfully critical of Demetrius in the preseason, but he stepped up and showed me something this year. Played the best football of his career (easily), even knocked some people around in the run game, particularly when he returned from injury late in the season. I'm intrigued to see how high he can go with more experience and conditioning. We really need to retain this guy because outside of Hairston taking a giant leap forward in his sophomore campaign, there's no hope of replacing the position at a similar caliber. I'd go as high as 4 years / $26M or so to secure him. I have to think that would get it done.

Edited by Big Bad Boone

We really need to retain this guy because outside of Hairston taking a giant leap forward in his sophomore campaign, there's no hope of replacing the position at a similar caliber. I'd go as high as 4 years / $26M or so to secure him. I have to think that would get it done.

Not sure if I agree with this. But, to do so would probably require the use of the #10, and we have huge problems at the LB position and pass rush to also address.

Not sure if I agree with this. But, to do so would probably require the use of the #10, and we have huge problems at the LB position and pass rush to also address.

This was my thought when I wrote that-- in my head I've dedicated that pick to defense. We'll see if Nix follows suit.

But if we don't re-sign Bell we can use the extra money to sign a free agent DE or OLB and then we can draft Reiff or Martin--both of whom will be better than Bell. That makes so much sense they won't do it!