Why blaming Fitz is stupid

C.Biscuit97

You are absolutely right. I misspoke. Eli is, at a minimum, 50x better than Fitz. Look ... I like Fitz a lot and I'm more of a homer than I even want to be. But there's no argument to be had when you're putting Eli vs. Fitz toe-to-toe. Come on.

You would think a QB would be able to beat a QB he is 50 times better than by more than a last second field goal at home right? Oh, I forgot. The Bills have much superior talent than the Giants. Great point. :thumbsup:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And the franchise QB led the game winning drive in the final 2 min.

....and the reason why he had the opportunity to do that instead of being down by 2 or 3 scores like a typical Bills final 2 minutes?

It was Eli's incredible offense that amassed a whopping 14 pts up until a couple minutes left in the entire game with a single passing TD in the first quarter that allowed Ahmad Bradshaw to RUN for the game winning TD! Man where do we get a QB that can single handed win a game like that against one of the worst regular season defenses in the league?!?!?!? 21 pts for the win? The man is a god!

Did you see all that pressure Eli put on Brady coming off the edge to help hold the Pats super high scoring offense to 17 pts? Defense?...HELL NO....it was Eli!!! Eli was everywhere! I was especially impressed with Eli's sack safety in the first quarter. He has really been working on his rip move to beat OTs.

Edited by PDaDdy

....and the reason why he had the opportunity to do that instead of being down by 2 or 3 scores like a typical Bills final 2 minutes?

It was Eli's incredible offense that amassed a whopping 14 pts up until a couple minutes left in the entire game with a single passing TD in the first quarter that allowed Ahmad Bradshaw to RUN for the game winning TD! Man where do we get a QB that can single handed win a game like that against one of the worst regular season defenses in the league?!?!?!? 21 pts for the win? The man is a god!

Did you see all that pressure Eli put on Brady coming off the edge to help hold the Pats super high scoring offense to 17 pts? Defense?...HELL NO....it was Eli!!! Eli was everywhere! I was especially impressed with Eli's sack safety in the first quarter. He has really been working on his rip move to beat OTs.

Just like Fitz had the "opportunity" to beat the Giants but under threw a wide open Stevie not once, but twice for INTs. Must have been the ribs or the fact the 7th rounder had two steps on Webster, not 4.

Just like Fitz had the "opportunity" to beat the Giants but under threw a wide open Stevie not once, but twice for INTs. Must have been the ribs or the fact the 7th rounder had two steps on Webster, not 4.

I hate to pinch off your little pissing match, but there is this as well...

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/CB-Florence-takes-blame-for-Bills-loss.html&team=99

Maybe it was neither QB? Maybe games and seasons arent decided by 1 player?

But you two continue with your flirting...

I think this response perfectly answers the attempted "premise" of this thread. Is it "stupid to blame Fitz"? Well it depends. Are we heaping ALL the blame for the team's failures last season on him? No, or course not. That would be stupid. But should he be blamed for his bouts of inaccuracy last year when he was chucking picks all over the place? Well yes, of course. Those underthrows pointed out above are perfect examples of things we can and should blame Fitz for, and it ain't stupid to do so.

And even attempting to compare Ftiz to Eli, in any way, is nuts.

I hate to pinch off your little pissing match, but there is this as well...

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/CB-Florence-takes-blame-for-Bills-loss.html&team=99

Maybe it was neither QB? Maybe games and seasons arent decided by 1 player?

But you two continue with your flirting...

Flirting? I almost threw up in my mouth.

If you haven't been paying attention I have absolutely been saying that football is a team game and the TEAMS' success or failure is a product of everyone involved on BOTH sides of the ball.

I'm just having fun with it at this point with Marauder. When someone refuses to address direct points and issues put forth and responds with flippant, silly, meaningless comments and doges discussing the issues it's the closest thing you will ever get to a victory on an internet forum where no one is ever wrong and nobody ever changes their mind.

Pissing myself with laughter metaphorically perhaps...pissing match, no. That would imply that there is some sort of equal footing between us and that there was relevant content to his posts.

Edited by PDaDdy

If you haven't been paying attention I have absolutely been saying that football is a team game and the TEAMS' success or failure is a product of everyone involved on BOTH sides of the ball.

I'm just having fun with it at this point with Marauder. When someone refuses to address direct points and issues put forth and responds with flippant, silly, meaningless comments and doges discussing the issues it's the closest thing you will ever get to a victory on an internet forum where no one is ever wrong and nobody ever changes their mind.

Pissing myself with laughter metaphorically perhaps...pissing match, no. That would imply that there is some sort of equal footing between us and that there was relevant content to his posts.

Hope you voted in my poll.

Hope you voted in my poll.

I'm not doing anything with your poll. All a poll does is gauge opinion. It has nothing to do with what is or isn't true. The last resort of a man with nothing to respond with regarding everything that works in Eli's favor that works against Fitz in our situation.

Maybe if you're lucky you will find others that are also as frustrated as you are and want a single face to focus their hatred upon. I hope you find others to commiserate with so you have someone to cry in your beer with.

I'll be cheering for the Bills, supporting Fitz and hoping that we use our resources to focus on this team's real problems. Good luck and have a good weekend!

Edited by PDaDdy

Im just messin with you guys B-)

Fitz is the exact opposite in every way possible. It would be silly to try to compare them and use Eli's success to condemn Fitz. :thumbsup:

Nice try. No one is trying to use Eli's success to condemn Fitz. CBiscuit was using Eli's success to absolve Fitz. Everyone else was merely pointing out it makes no sense to compare Fitz to Eli because Eli is an elite QB and Fitz is not.

... IF Fitz was playing on a team that was giving up 13 points a game and losing, that's one thing. But completely killing a guy for goign 6-10 with no high draft pick receivers and a defense that almost gave up 30 points a game is stupid and ill placed.

And comparing Fitz to Eli OR the Bills to the Giants in any meaningful way is stupid.

What is the point you're really trying to make? You're trying to say blaming Fitz is stupid because Eli has a good a defense? First off, who's blaming Fitz? Even the most anti-Fitz folks on here don't isolate Fitz as the reason the Bills collapsed. So what's your point? What are you really trying to say? That the Bills don't have enough talent? Or, are you just trying to defend Fitz from some perceived slight?

Seriously, which is it?

The problem with the Bills isn't Ryan Fitzpatrick. The problem with the Bills is they do not have enough talent on their roster to compete with the top teams in the NFL. If you compare the Bills position by position to other teams in the league it's comical. The Bills need more talent at nearly every position on the roster -- whether it's depth or starters -- before they will ever get off the basement floor.

The question should be, will they get it?