Don Banks' Mock Draft - Updated

LABills08

Link

10 DE Quinton Coples North Carolina Sr. 6-6 285 Again, the knock on Coples is that his dominant week at the Senior Bowl didn't match what scouts saw from him all season long on tape. But he has supreme athletic skills and the potential to develop into the best pure pass rusher in this year's draft, and that means someone is going to talk themselves into selecting him in the top 10. The Bills are one of several teams in this neck of the first round desperate for more pass pressure, so Coples and Buffalo seem like a marriage that's just waiting to happen.

Have heard mixed things on him, but haven't seen the senior bowl tape. No one is talking about this anymore, but I'll keep the dream alive. I still think trading multiple high picks (for this year and future years) is worth it for RGIII. He is one of the few players that can instantly change an organization around, both on the field and off.

Also out on SI this morning: Combine preview (Link

Melvin Ingram, DE-OLB, South Carolina -- Ingram has been lightning fast in recent workouts leading up to the Combine. At 275 pounds some expect him to run under 4.7 seconds in the 40. If he does, Ingram will move into the draft's first dozen choices.

Bank's also said that Ingram may be taken ahead of Couples due to Couples "issues" with motovation. I don't trust Couples. I'd take Ingram. The guy clearly LOVES playing football. Couples seems like he is in it strictly for the money (i.e. Jamarcus Russel, etc.) If we draft Couples, I excpet that we will be very sorry.

Also out on SI this morning: Combine preview (Link

Good links guys. Thanks!

I admire your hope on rg3, but I can't see it...I would love the move of trading picks for him, but with the fitz deal so fresh and wanting to build through the draft, the fo wouldn't see that as logical. And maybe it isn't logical, but I would love it. I've seen a ton of this guy, and I'd take him over luck in a heartbeat. Het it done buddy!

Bank's also said that Ingram may be taken ahead of Couples due to Couples "issues" with motovation. I don't trust Couples. I'd take Ingram. The guy clearly LOVES playing football. Couples seems like he is in it strictly for the money (i.e. Jamarcus Russel, etc.) If we draft Couples, I excpet that we will be very sorry.

Good links guys. Thanks!

Couple's name is being thrown around here in San Diego too, and we are hearing the same knocks on him out here on sports radio 1090Am...he seems unmotivated, a combine freak, but in real game situations there appears to be concern he would bust. Bills need to go with the safest bet possible. Upshaw looks like a safe bet

Good links guys. Thanks!

The guy may become a stud one day, but the fact a player can't stay motivated with millions of dollars on the line is a giant red flag. I'd avoid all those players like the plague.

As of right now, I am hoping for Ingram. That guy made so many big plays at South Carolina and he plays very fast. I'm not sure he will be there at 10 however. I could see a team like the Jaguars selecting him. It will help the bills a lot if Richardson and 3 qbs go in the top 9, unless the 3rd qb is a guy Nix and Gailey love.

Edited by auburnbillsbacker