The Pussification of America

3rdnlng

Dennis Fleming, 61, fired his handgun into the ground when he saw a man climbing out of his neighbor's window,

I don't know about you, but I am no fan of repair bills on sprinkler systems. That is probably why he got arrested. He should have shot into the air.

And risk killing some endangered bird? That'll get you 20 to life.

Good point. He can't shoot himself in the leg either; look at what that did to Plaxico. They couldn't arrest him if he shot himself in the head, but I doubt he had the proper t-shirt. Shoot the perp? What if he missed and hit an antique vase?

This is a tough one.

Edited by ieatcrayonz

And the gun control zealots want to take away even more rights. How about the Marine who recently visited NYC, wasn't aware of the nutty laws here, tried to check his legally registered weapon at the Empire State Building and was arrested and is now potentially facing 3 1/2 years in prison?

Awesome. I guess they learned from Joe Horn* to shoot first and call 911 second.

* my #2 all time favorite vigilante after Bernhard Goetz.

And the gun control zealots want to take away even more rights. How about the Marine who recently visited NYC, wasn't aware of the nutty laws here, tried to check his legally registered weapon at the Empire State Building and was arrested and is now potentially facing 3 1/2 years in prison?

Awesome. I guess they learned from Joe Horn* to shoot first and call 911 second.

* my #2 all time favorite vigilante after Bernhard Goetz.

As to the Marine... well, when you're going somewhere, you've gotta check the laws. And if you don't like the laws, don't go there.

As to the Texas article, yep. After what happened in Cheshire, criminals should not have any right to claim that deadly force wasn't required during a home invasion. If anyone breaks into my home while me and my family are there, I'm just going to assume that their intent is rape and murder because anything else means you're placing your family in jeopardy.

I will never vote to convict anyone in such a situation after what happened to the Petits.

I will never vote to convict anyone in such a situation after what happened to the Petits.

I wouldn't have voted that way even before the Petit situation, but that one certainly drives home the point many people have made here over the years. Which reminds me, who was the liberal retard here that was crying about burglars getting shot because all they do is "steal toasters"? I seem to recall that argument during the Joe Horn debate.

As to the Marine... well, when you're going somewhere, you've gotta check the laws. And if you don't like the laws, don't go there.

As to the Texas article, yep. After what happened in Cheshire, criminals should not have any right to claim that deadly force wasn't required during a home invasion. If anyone breaks into my home while me and my family are there, I'm just going to assume that their intent is rape and murder because anything else means you're placing your family in jeopardy.

Why are you posting such ignorance????

He DID check the laws!!!! That is why he tried to turn his weapon in to idiots that pulled this crap...

Go away now....