donte whitner is an ass

brenty

first watch this video, or not because i will say what he said.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/09000d5d8271b551/Quinn-not-into-Tebowing

"you never express the negative things that go in the locker room or through out the football team. you don't do it whether you are with that team or you're not, you dont put those things out."

I actually laughed out loud when i heard that. It is 2am and i woke up my roommate because i laughed that hard. here is one lovely link that donte talked about the bills after he left. I am glad he left.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/tag/_/name/chan-gailey

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first watch this video, or not because i will say what he said.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/09000d5d8271b551/Quinn-not-into-Tebowing

"you never express the negative things that go in the locker room or through out the football team. you don't do it whether you are with that team or you're not, you dont put those things out."

I actually laughed out loud when i heard that. It is 2am and i woke up my roommate because i laughed that hard. here is one lovely link that donte talked about the bills after he left. I am glad he left.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/tag/_/name/chan-gailey

There is a difference between ripping someone in public and defending others who have been ripped. Chan did the former, Donte did the ladder.

This sour grapes about Donte has got to stop. Yes we lost an all pro player but he is gone now. Yes we would all love to have him back whether we admit it or try to deny it .

We just all need to get over it. We can write all the anti-Donte threads in the world but he is still on another team and still an all pro.

We can write anti-gravity threads too but what goes up will still come down.

There is a difference between ripping someone in public and defending others who have been ripped. Chan did the former, Donte did the ladder.

This sour grapes about Donte has got to stop. Yes we lost an all pro player but he is gone now. Yes we would all love to have him back whether we admit it or try to deny it .

We just all need to get over it. We can write all the anti-Donte threads in the world but he is still on another team and still an all pro.

We can write anti-gravity threads too but what goes up will still come down.

I have seen your emotional opinion on this subject before, you love Donte. You are the one that needs to get over it... You are delusional if you think Donte is really an all-pro caliber player, or that there are many Bills fans that want him back.

Donte IS an ass, he is a below average SS with above average hype and money, on an above average team. If you can't handle other's opinions, don't read their posts.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

I have seen your emotional opinion on this subject before, you love Donte. You are the one that needs to get over it... You are delusional if you think Donte is really an all-pro caliber player, or that there are many Bills fans that want him back.

Donte IS an ass, he is a below average SS with above average hype and money, on an above average team. If you can't handle other's opinions, don't read their posts.

The Pro Bowl called and said you should really watch next year since you missed it this year.

I concur. Donte isn't all that great. The only thing I liked about him was that he was born in July and that he's a Cancer sign like me, to only find out that although he IS born in July he was born on the 24th which makes him a Leo and a relief off my shoulders for defending a guy like him when he would act retarded. I kept saying to myself "hey self, why is this dumbass acting like that? It's so not the Cancer in him." Now it all makes sense.

The Pro Bowl called and said you should really watch next year since you missed it this year.

Witty as the above comment is, I know he was in the pro bowl, I never said he wasn't (he made it as an alternate). I asked do you really think he is all-pro caliber? Rhetorical question, since you have pronounced your love for him several times.

Most of us who have watched him in Buffalo saw a guy that couldn't cover, couldn't catch, and often whiffed with his "body bump" style of tackling (like when he was Benched a few years ago in favor of our current starter, who played far better than Donte this year). His team got better in SF, but not him. Watch the 4th quarter of the saints playoff game as an example.

I don't "hate" Donte, but have never been a big fan of the way he plays, or his attitude. George Wilson has played amazing football for the Bills, and I am very happy with the CURRENT situation at the position. The Bills upgraded.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Not to nit pick, because I know the type of poster you are, but All Pro, which is the term you used in your original post and Pro Bowl are two completely different terms. Donte was not and has never been voted All Pro. He has made the Pro Bowl as an alternate(which is voted on by the fans). You therefore could say "All-Star" if you'd like.

I am no more or less a fan or detractor of Dante than anyone else. i am just pointing out the irrational behavior jealous fans have toward him.

In this thread alone he is being called out for defending teammates and being called an ass for it. He is being slammed for being born under the wrong stars or whatever that voodoo crap is and he is being criticized for the way he made it into the pro bowl. The facts are that the Bills didn't have anyone at safety make the pro bowl and Donte did is just a fact. Get over it. He isn't an ass and isn't under the wrong sign. He is just a better safety by all objective measures than anyone we have. It is only one position of 22.

I am no more or less a fan or detractor of Dante than anyone else. i am just pointing out the irrational behavior jealous fans have toward him.

In this thread alone he is being called out for defending teammates and being called an ass for it. He is being slammed for being born under the wrong stars or whatever that voodoo crap is and he is being criticized for the way he made it into the pro bowl. The facts are that the Bills didn't have anyone at safety make the pro bowl and Donte did is just a fact. Get over it. He isn't an ass and isn't under the wrong sign. He is just a better safety by all objective measures than anyone we have. It is only one position of 22.

You say you aren't a fan, but your die-hard posts prove otherwise. Even the post above.

You are welcome to your opinion, irrational is it may be. I'm not sure of the "all objective measures" (completely made up) you are using to say that Whitner is a better safety than "anyone we have". That's laughable to me.

If you'd actually watch football, you would realize just how well George Wilson played at safety this year, despite injury. Even Donte himself said Wilson should have been in the pro-bowl.

It's one thing not to agree, but saying we are all "jealous fans" because we don't agree with you is a little ridiculous. My opinions regarding Donte's play where formed when he was still here, so that argument doesn't hold water

Edited by Turbosrrgood

You say you aren't a fan, but your die-hard posts prove otherwise. Even the post above.

You are welcome to your opinion, irrational is it may be. I'm not sure of the "all objective measures" (completely made up) you are using to say that Whitner is a better safety than "anyone we have". That's laughable to me.

If you'd actually watch football, you would realize just how well George Wilson played at safety this year, despite injury. Even Donte himself said Wilson should have been in the pro-bowl.

You don't agree with the other posters, I get it.

It's not that I disagree with other posters, it is that they act like scorned teenagers who lost their girlfriend to another guy and now call her ugly. Then she is voted queen of the prom.....still ugly.......there is a battle to be her next boyfriend.....still ugly.

My stance is that players come and players go. Some good ones go, some bad ones go. When a good one goes, there is no reason to irrationality pretend he isn't good.

It's one thing not to agree, but saying we are all "jealous fans" because we don't agree with you is a little ridiculous. My opinions regarding Donte's play where formed when he was still here, so that argument doesn't hold water

If you consider Donte Whitner not to be a good football player then why did the Bills' organization draft him at such a high position, leaving on the board an all-pro player such as Ngata? Whitner is a good player, nothing more and nothing less. A lot of people are highly critical of him because he didn't play up to his draft status. That's not his fault. It is the fault of at the time the inept decision- makers who inexplicably made the stupid pick.

Donte Whitner never made the playoffs with the Bills. Once he left he made it with the 49ers. Jason Peters never made the playoffs with the Bills. When he got traded to the Eagles he made it with the Eagles. Lee Evans never made the playoffs with the Bills. After getting traded to the Ravens he was able to play in a playoff game. Do you see a trend here?

I have always liked Whitner as a team player. When he was with the Bills he was one of the more committed players. I don't understand fans who root against him. Whatever limitations he had as a player were not due to his efforts but were due to the stunningly bad evaluations that this lampooned organization made about him.

This isn't what the OP did. The OP was pointing out that Donte says one thing yet does another. Donte says it isn't good to talk about what happens in a locker room, and as the quote shows, he, himself talks about what goes on in locker rooms.

As to whether Donte is a quality SS. He made the Pro Bowl. He isn't a bad player, but he has a name because of his draft position and the trade coupled with SF's improvement, not because of stellar performance on the field. We all saw his play. He is undersized. In college he was a big hitter, but in the pro's he started chipping at runners because he was getting hurt taking them on full force. He is somewhat slow in coverage/pursuit. Again, he is a good SS, just not a great one. Personally, I'll take Wilson. He is a little bigger (two inches taller and a few pounds heavier). He covers better, and he hits as hard or harder. I think he is better at tackling as opposed to just hitting to make a tackle. Wilson is older, which is a minus. But Wilson seems to be a good guy. Whitner seems to have a lot of sour grapes, and as the OP shows, Whitner is a bit of a hypocrite.

It's not that I disagree with other posters, it is that they act like scorned teenagers who lost their girlfriend to another guy and now call her ugly. Then she is voted queen of the prom.....still ugly.......there is a battle to be her next boyfriend.....still ugly.

My stance is that players come and players go. Some good ones go, some bad ones go. When a good one goes, there is no reason to irrationality pretend he isn't good.

Well I understand where you are coming from. But on whether Whitner is "good" or not, is really a matter of opinion. Just because some people don't think Whitner is good, doesn't make their opinion irrational, just different from yours.

My opinion was formed by watching him play. He played on a very good defense this year, and SF used him in a way that is best suited for his style. I could certainly understand people having the opinion that he is a good safety, I just disagree.

All I know is that there's a die-hard 49ers fan in my office and he was thanking the Bills for letting SF sign Whitner. He's as die-hard about the team as we are about the Bills and he loved the pickup at the time, and still loves it today.

If you consider Donte Whitner not to be a good football player then why did the Bills' organization draft him at such a high position, leaving on the board an all-pro player such as Ngata? Whitner is a good player, nothing more and nothing less. A lot of people are highly critical of him because he didn't play up to his draft status. That's not his fault. It is the fault of at the time the inept decision- makers who inexplicably made the stupid pick.

Donte Whitner never made the playoffs with the Bills. Once he left he made it with the 49ers. Jason Peters never made the playoffs with the Bills. When he got traded to the Eagles he made it with the Eagles. Lee Evans never made the playoffs with the Bills. After getting traded to the Ravens he was able to play in a playoff game. Do you see a trend here?

I have always liked Whitner as a team player. When he was with the Bills he was one of the more committed players. I don't understand fans who root against him. Whatever limitations he had as a player were not due to his efforts but were due to the stunningly bad evaluations that this lampooned organization made about him.

The Bills have had a recent history of botching their high draft picks (pre Nix). I definitely agree regarding the draft debacle when Whitner was picked, there was undue pressure placed upon him.

Still my opinion isn't based on any of that. Whitner struggles mightily in one on one coverage, even with TE's. He is a hard hitter, and makes many tackles. But often his tackling style means he will "whiff", when a safety "whiffs" it usually means a huge play. George Wilson is far better in coverage, and while he doesn't hit as hard, is a much more reliable tackler, he also has great hands and plays the ball well. That's what forms the basis of my opinion.

I will also admit that SF used him in a far more efficient way than the Bills ever did. I don't think Whitner is awful, but I don't think he is that good either, I obviously think Wilson has played much better.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

This isn't what the OP did. The OP was pointing out that Donte says one thing yet does another. Donte says it isn't good to talk about what happens in a locker room, and as the quote shows, he, himself talks about what goes on in locker rooms.

That would be a good observation if that is what Donte actually said. What he actually said is that he respects Harbaugh more than Gailey because Gailey talks about stuff that should stay in the locker room. I guess in bizarro world or anti-Donte-no-matter-the-facts world that makes it look like he is talking about a locker room. In the actual world he was objecting to it being done by Gailey.

Before this gets out of hand let me say I personally have no problem with how Chan handles things, I am just pointing out that Donte has been consistent on his stance. Whether you agree with his stance is a different matter. The fact is that he has been consistent in what he says and what he does even though the premise of the thread is that he has not.

Edited by ieatcrayonz

Witty as the above comment is, I know he was in the pro bowl, I never said he wasn't (he made it as an alternate). I asked do you really think he is all-pro caliber? Rhetorical question, since you have pronounced your love for him several times.

Most of us who have watched him in Buffalo saw a guy that couldn't cover, couldn't catch, and often whiffed with his "body bump" style of tackling (like when he was Benched a few years ago in favor of our current starter, who played far better than Donte this year). His team got better in SF, but not him. Watch the 4th quarter of the saints playoff game as an example.

I don't "hate" Donte, but have never been a big fan of the way he plays, or his attitude. George Wilson has played amazing football for the Bills, and I am very happy with the CURRENT situation at the position. The Bills upgraded.

I agree. A "all pro" safety is someone like Ed Reed or Troy P. (won't even try to spell the last name) who makes those around him better. Donte benefited from playing safety on a defense LOADED with talent. Take Donte out, the 49ers D is still great. Take out Reed or Troy and the Ravens or Steelers D are much worse. Donte simply is not a factor unless the focus is off him. Reed and Troy are factors when the focus of the offense is on them.

Interesting when Kyle Williams is named to the pro bowl as an alternate, he is great but when the same happens to Donte its time for us to be technical about it. Lets face it Donte is a good player but he is no Ed Reed. I agree that he is a "pro bowler" as opposed to an "all pro" but the way he became a pro bowler shouldn't be questioned. I think the fact that ex Bills players are playing better for other teams than they were with Buffalo can be an indictment of the coaching staff. I'm not a Whitner hater as some are, he was the best hitter we had on defense and a solid safety. Now that he has solid LB's in front of him allows him to play at a higher level. I am glad for his success...at the same time I love the safeties we have now. Let's not be angry that former Bills are in situations where they can experience winning, something they never experienced with the Bills.

Edited by VADC Bills

I agree. A "all pro" safety is someone like Ed Reed or Troy P. (won't even try to spell the last name) who makes those around him better. Donte benefited from playing safety on a defense LOADED with talent. Take Donte out, the 49ers D is still great. Take out Reed or Troy and the Ravens or Steelers D are much worse. Donte simply is not a factor unless the focus is off him. Reed and Troy are factors when the focus of the offense is on them.

At this point in his career the only thing Troy has going is his self promotional hair. It was fun watching it flow in the breeze as he chased the Denver receiver in OT.