read a snippet about the Giants Osi today

3rdand12

By downward side do you mean any year now he will retire?

I live in nyc also and one of my real close friends is a giants fan and we usually watch the games together and he loves Osi. The only reason why he didn't miss him when he got injured is because they have an abundance of good defensive ends. As far as Osi not being a respected leader? You couldn't be more wrong. He has attitude yes. But maybe that's what we need on the team. Someone with emotion. Enough with the nice guy attitude. This is football.

No. His stats are remarkably consistent over the past 5-6 years. Yes, he'll start to slow down a bit but he'd be a great pickup if we went with more of a project at DE in the draft. Personally, I'd love Mathis from Indy.

Edited by stony

I'd also love to have Osi but I'd rather use that 2nd round pick to draft Curry, Branch, etc... and have $$$ to spend on another FA (this is Osi's last shot at a big pay day so he won't come cheap). If we were a few players away from contending I would have a different opinion but we're not. As long as we draft well again (and I'm delusional enough to think we will), I'd be happy resigning our own and adding a couple of solid players who can help us compete for a few years and whose salaries we can shed in 3 years when we're reaping the harvest I think we'll have sown (that's when we trade a 2nd round pick for an Osi-esque player at a position of need).

well its been good feedback gentleman. I dont think abraham gets that many snaps even though i considered that too. I think Osi has plenty of gas left but make no comparison to M.Williams. Just dont see that happening.

I would like to grab our defensive pass rush in the second round this year and take a stab at free agency too. I guess we will have to wait and see what the giants are going to do with him. Of course i would not break the bank for him but he should stay on our radar at least. thanks

I read that Osi thinks he might be traded. Two questions. If he is up on the block, do we want him?

and then, what should we offer? I have read some folks here had an interest in getting lineman from the Giants and saw this today on Pro football talk i think.

Any trade would most likely be for draft picks, high draft picks. I'd love to have Osi, but this team can't afford trades like that. There are good FA's to be had, without having to give up picks.

Any trade would most likely be for draft picks, high draft picks. I'd love to have Osi, but this team can't afford trades like that. There are good FA's to be had, without having to give up picks.

I agree. The one thing that gives me pause is how hard it is to develop or evaluate anyone on defense with no pass rushers and outside of avril and mario there really isn't much better for getting to the qb.

Picture yourself being the Giants. What would you want from the Bills?

•  
  • Marcel Dareus (Bills say no).
  • Kyle Williams (Bills say no, also, coming off injury).
  • Fred Jackson (not worth an all-pro DL, coming off injury).
  • McKelvin (seems crazy, not that good, possible only if Perry Fewell loves him).
  • Spiller (Bills say no).
  • rights to Steve Johnson (not worth enough to Giants, they'd still have little bargaining power).
  • Aaron Williams (Bills say no).
  • Donald Jones (so crazy, it just might work!)

So... there's that.

Apparently you've never heard of the draft. What are you - a Redskins fan?