Maybe Stevie is better than we thought

Oh how strange. Another bills team and fan basher on TBD. Actually Stevie is a pretty damn good number 1 wr and how about you name me 15 better number 1 wideouts in the league. Good luck. You must be one of those fans that wants to chase the talent we do get out of town huh? Would you like David Nelson to be our number 1 wr next season or perhaps we could sign Dwayne bowe who led the league in dropped passes. Would you like Vincent Jackson for twice as much money as Stevie when he is one dwi or any kind of trouble away from a suspension and has an attitude problem. Maybe you should learn to appreciate the talent that's on the roster of your "favorite team". BTW you took what he said out of context(about those three receivers) and then try to make fun of him for it? Thats nice.

fan basher? how about your arguments make no sense. First there are 15 wr better than stevie easily, in stats and in obvious ability, just take the playoff teams number 1's and there alone are 16 better 1's, and i dont need to actually nme them, also you named two guys who id still rathe r have even if they have those potential probems, Bowe is much more talented than stevie and stevie drops big passes, does bowe? Also we can replace him with a draft pick or the other 10 premier guys available for less money....Id take stevie for 5 mil a season, he doesnt suck. But who says im chasing him away just beacause i point out his issues> arent they all true?

fan basher? how about your arguments make no sense. First there are 15 wr better than stevie easily, in stats and in obvious ability, just take the playoff teams number 1's and there alone are 16 better 1's, and i dont need to actually nme them, also you named two guys who id still rathe r have even if they have those potential probems, Bowe is much more talented than stevie and stevie drops big passes, does bowe? Also we can replace him with a draft pick or the other 10 premier guys available for less money....Id take stevie for 5 mil a season, he doesnt suck. But who says im chasing him away just beacause i point out his issues> arent they all true?

Umm no they aren't...

only 12 teams make the playoffs and I would be interested to know who you think on SF and Denver are better than Stevie. Also Bowe does drop passes see these quotes lifted from his wiki

In the Chiefs first game of the 2008 season, Bowe recorded five receptions for forty–nine yards, but he also dropped 4 passes, including a game–tying catch in the endzone on first and goal.

On November 17, 2009, Bowe was suspended for 4 games for an NFL drug violation. (Just thought I would add this in)

Bowe got off to a slow start in Chiefs' 2010 campaign,catching only 9 passes in the team's first 4 games. In the Chiefs' fourth game against the Indianapolis Colts, Bowe dropped crucial passes including one in the endzone which would have given them the lead, as the Chiefs' got their first loss 9-19.

Then there is this

http://thebiglead.com/index.php/2011/11/28/dwayne-bowe-gave-new-meaning-to-alligator-arms-with-this-pathetic-effort-against-the-steelers/

In case you can't click on the link it was him alligator arming a ball in the final drive of a game.

So in summation; he is one mess up away from a long suspension, has a history of drops, and suspect effort in the clutch (your biggest knock on Stevie). So how is he better than Stevie?

For those of you hellbent on signing SJ, would you do so at 9 million? I wouldn't. No idea what he will command but he isn't worth elite payment, in my opinion.

There is a contingent here who would go that high, and some even a little higher.

I'm with you, but to others here SJ is a premier WR.

I get the feeling that the Bills are playing the "drag the Stevie negotiations along" game for two reasons...

First...it gives the fans and media a reason to talk about the Bills till the combine.

Second...when they do eventually sign or tag him, it'll give fans a sense of relief that they'll have Stevie in 2012 and that there'll be one less hole to fill.

I get the feeling that the Bills are playing the "drag the Stevie negotiations along" game for two reasons...

First...it gives the fans and media a reason to talk about the Bills till the combine.

Second...when they do eventually sign or tag him, it'll give fans a sense of relief that they'll have Stevie in 2012 and that there'll be one less hole to fill.

Reasonable thoughts. But signing him, or tagging him, now might nudge people to buy their 2012 seasons.

I do because it was one drop. He owns Revis when nobody else does. Sign Stevie now.

I dunno about throwing 9 mil at a guy who was dumb enough to act like he did on the field......in a CONTRACT year! Imagine what kinda guy he'll be when he has money in the bank. I'm okay keeing him, but not at all costs.

I dunno about throwing 9 mil at a guy who was dumb enough to act like he did on the field......in a CONTRACT year! Imagine what kinda guy he'll be when he has money in the bank. I'm okay keeing him, but not at all costs.

Some people will just never be satisfied. Hes 24 for goodness sake. Hes not a 60 year old man with perspective, hes a kid a few years out of school playing a game he loves. He celebrated a TD. I'm not upset about it.

Well there was a slant on 3rd and goal vs Miami where Fitz missed a wide open Stevie......Both throws vs the Jets......There are a million others....Bottom line is Stevie gets open and every blue moon Fitz will throw a decent ball.

For all you Fitz lovers out there watch every game after week 6 and you will see one terrible football player.....

Tannenhill RG3 Whoever Save us

Well there was a slant on 3rd and goal vs Miami where Fitz missed a wide open Stevie......Both throws vs the Jets......There are a million others....Bottom line is Stevie gets open and every blue moon Fitz will throw a decent ball.

For all you Fitz lovers out there watch every game after week 6 and you will see one terrible football player.....

Tannenhill RG3 Whoever Save us

And for the record I will order the TD and celebration penalty all day. Double me up please