liberal litmus test

young, black men are disproportionately represented in the us prison system. is that racist? ageist? no, its a statement of fact just as old, white men disproportionately make up the talk radio audience.

do you have an argument or just the usual ad hominem attack?

But you didn't say "old white men comprise a shrinking percentage of the electorate." You said "the fact that old white men comprise a shrinking percentage of the electorate is a good thing."

And if you said "the fact that young, black men are disproportionately represented in the us prison system is a good thing," it would in fact be racist.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But you didn't say "old white men comprise a shrinking percentage of the electorate." You said "the fact that old white men comprise a shrinking percentage of the electorate is a good thing."

And if you said "the fact that young, black men are disproportionately represented in the us prison system is a good thing," it would in fact be racist.

Isn't that DaveInElma's bumper sticker?

you have a point. as romney recently said after a few days reflection (and his advisors likely screaming at him), i should have worded it differently. how bout: the decreasing proportion of old white men talk radio listeners in the electorate is likely to enhance the chances of future liberal candidates and policies" and i think that is a good thing.

Edited by birdog1960

you have a point. as romney recently said after a few days reflection (and his advisors likely screaming at him), i should have worded it differently. how bout: the decreasing proportion of old white men talk radio listeners in the electorate is likely to enhance the chances of future liberal candidates and policies" and i think that is a good thing.

That probably more accurately reflects the intent of your statement.

It also makes it that much more clear precisely what kind of an idiot you are, that you equate "old white men" with "conservative"...as though granola-crunching tie-dye wearing hippies never age.

was at at a dinner party recently when a poltical discussion started. the women all saw trouble coming and went in another room. one of the guys began spouting the standard hannity fare of liberal media, entitlement mentality, get what they deserve etc, etc, etc. i interjected that before we went any further, he should be aware that i held very different views on everything he mentioned and that i was a liberal. he then asked me two questions: do you own a gun? and, do you own a bible? when i answered yes to both he told me i wasn't a liberal. so what do you all think of this litmus test? personally, i had to laugh and tried to change the subject to football, thankfully, with some success.

The problem is that conservatives demonize liberals, but painting the image of them as being completely whacko and far left on everything imaginable, without the reasoning power to see the validity of the counter-arguments. Liberals do the exact same thing to conservatives. Neither side really notices they do this, either.

Me, I just keep circling- Like a vulture!

Absolutely. Much in the same way that "Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness" means government-run health care.

You cannot have Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness if you do not have Life. You cannot have Life if a private insurer decides it's in the best interest of their profits for you to die instead of them paying for your treatments/medicine.

You cannot have Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness if you do not have Life. You cannot have Life if a private insurer decides it's in the best interest of their profits for you to die instead of them paying for your treatments/medicine.

Ah, the old "Right to Not Die" argument.

Still retarded.

What if happiness is death and insurance company profits?

Note to Buftex, Bigfat and DIN...it's time to bring your A game because the gold standard has returned.

Note to Buftex, Bigfat and DIN...it's time to bring your A game because the gold standard has returned.

I wouldn't put Buftex on that list. Bigfat hasn't been here long enough to warrant conner comparisons. Hey, I'm an optimist.

Actually, if that really is conner? Hell, I'm pretty sure that even DiN only has a probationary place on any list that includes conner.

I wouldn't put Buftex on that list. Bigfat hasn't been here long enough to warrant conner comparisons. Hey, I'm an optimist.

Actually, if that really is conner? Hell, I'm pretty sure that even DiN only has a probationary place on any list that includes conner.

Only because we're still not sure if DIN's serious.