SENIOR BOWL/ MAYOCK

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out Curry in the '10 Ohio St. game--you can find it on YouTube (posted by "TMBDraft"). Curry looks pretty damn good. There's a play where he comes across the field and takes down the RB. Love the motor. BTW--he looks pretty good rushing the passer too! :-) Would find a space on the team for him if he's there in the 2nd!

i must say, watching NFL games past few yrs, and hearing these ex players as analsyts is pathetic.. calling wrong names, missing flags, being wrong about challenges.. no depth to what they say... Mayock is a draft guru and only guys mock i trust cuz he sees EVERYTHING... watching him dessect every play , even if its a good play, he will be on the QB for his footwork, saying hes lucky WR made that catch.. on in 2nd quarter with kellen moore throwing back to back TD passes on same route that was cleanly dropped twice in a row, he commented on how he looked over at sideline and kinda winked or smiled cuz even though he didnt get credited for a score, he will be GRADED for like he did, cuz he did his job.. i wish every commentator had HALF insight and sundays would be alot more entertaining.. he could make a blowout entertaining with how we dissects every play, calls guys out even when they make a big play! upshaw had a sack in 2nd, and mayock right away COMMENDED LT, cuz it was a coverage sack and he did his job, kept pushing upshaw upfield but QB rolled wrong way and literally right into upshaws arms... on paper upshaw gets a sack and Adams give up a sack, but adams get graded better on that play!

game itself: adams looks REAL good.. looks like a desean jackson with a brain.. made a nice catch in 1st quarter and fumbled but came back and had a monster game... crinner is also gamer.. i think 2nd or 2rdround we get a WR.. its so deep this yr and i have a very strong feeling we bring in a guy like bowe.. we will have 1 big contract and i think its going to a WR along with resigning Stevie to give us 2 strong WR.. neither is a true 1 but that could actually work to our benefit cuz fitzy likes to sling it around and throws to whoever is open.. which means D wont know who to double cuz there is no clear cut #1.. with those 2 at WR along with a rookie hopefully a kid like adams... guy just flies and he need a burner.. to go along with nelson in the slot.. very solid...

probably draft an mid round OL and go HEAVY on D... I would LOVE to see coples.. same talent as peppers accoridng to mayock but question his work ethic.. we need pure talent on D.. doesnt have to be on field every play cuz we rotate anyway, but we desperately need a guy that HAS to be accounted for on outside cuz our interior DL is our strongest position on team.. id also love to see brown get to us in round 2 .... pure speed on olb , he just blew up a screen early in game..

take the WR in round 3

OL in 4th

and get a developmental QB in 5th or 6th... none of the QB has done anything to impress me to much.. weeden is too rich for my blood cuz hes now gonna be a 1st rounder.. lets not even bring up tannenhill, id said his name to many times over past few weeks that i hope to never hear his name again! i would love kellen moore or a case keenum late.. have not looked into what round moore is projected but it will proabably like 5-6 but i have a feeling someone will fall in love with intangibles and take him in 3rd.. hes only QB id feel comfortable in drafting in 3rd..i wouldnt waste a high pick on any QB outside on top 2.. foles is all over the place, weeden is 29 but would need to start now and we wont do that cuz like it or not, nix and gailey are going with fitz.. but we do need a qb and moore just has that it factor.. hes a lefty version on pennington but better.. would be great in a spread offense like ours cuz gailey would work perfectly with his short comings.. id rather a weaker arm than fitzy wildness.. and moore is great student of the game and would work great sitting a yr under fitz and either battle it out the next yr and just flat out be handed keys to ship.. i really liked this kid all yr, and dont care about his height, he just finds lanes.. fitzy gets 2-4 passes down a game, rivers gets passes batted down... it happens.. u roll him out, he is PHENOMINAL at play action, hides the ball real well and fools D's and hes good at gadget play and gailey is into that.. fitz is too limited cuz he does arm arm stregth 2 fit ball in between tight coverage but i dont care how strong ur arm is, if is no where need WR it wont matter.. moore just finds those lanes and puts the ball where it needs to be and just gets in there somehow and makes the right decisions and is obviously a pure winner.. the guy can count on 1 hand how many times he lost a game in his college career, u can only play the teams on ur schedule..

anyways to some up, didnt have much time to read too much on senior bowl practices i like to see what guys do under pressure.. id love a top flight DE for a 4-3 in this draft and i hope somehow coples falls to us.. i wouldnt be unhappy at all if ingram or upshaw either... but i see one of these 3 being our guy.. i dont trust mercilus... no more 1 yr wonders... i dont care how much talent he has.. coples had a "bad" yr and still had 7 sacks and a loaded D with no offense.. was dominant yr b4.. ingram was great last yr too i remember watching every S. carolina game and saying if they only cuz they had best tailback in country and jeffery on outside.. we should be open about our interest in best DE cuz it really doesnt matter.. i think any of those 3 guys will be a baller on next level.. and pair him with a mix of carrington and kelsay whos still serviceable and is a team first guy at other side of Dline... another interesting name that comes to mind who never saw field much this yr but would suit our D better than any of our current LB is Morrison.. i believe his forte is MLB in 4/3 and was very productive yr in out and even in very limited action this yr, when he was out there.. i actually heard his name.. which says more about how bad our D was cuz he was never out there! i think u can mix him and shepp in and let a vet battle a 2nd yr guy for mlb and barnett i think was no issue moving outside.. he got a few ints this yr, moves well and think shift would not be a big deal for him..

WOW... I didn't understand one word you said... You lost me at ( i )

Didn't watch a whole lot of the game, but I thought the South's LTs did fairly well. Cordy Glenn from Georgia and Matt McCants from UAB did well. Thought McCants did better, actually. OTOH, to keep with the Wood line naming theme/scheme, they have to get Levy Adcock from Oklahoma State. Adcock on our line, with Wood could be good.

Curry is the man. From Marshall, Really good pass rusher, struggles against the run. Should be a late first,early second rounder.

Vinny Curry often shows up in the DraftTek simulation in the 3rd round. I think he'll go 2nd round after his fine performance. I like his pass rush, but he isn't the sideline to sideline guy you'd want in RD2. Ronnell Lewis would be a great OLB guy with speed and hitting ability.

http://drafttek.com/

On the right hand side are links to all of the Senior Bowl evaluations, including our own Mike Schottey, who was there for the entire week. Have at it!

Astro

Didn't watch a whole lot of the game, but I thought the South's LTs did fairly well. Cordy Glenn from Georgia and Matt McCants from UAB did well. Thought McCants did better, actually. OTOH, to keep with the Wood line naming theme/scheme, they have to get Levy Adcock from Oklahoma State. Adcock on our line, with Wood could be good.

Then add Bushrod in FA, and you have the Cockblocker line! :thumbsup:

Vinny Curry often shows up in the DraftTek simulation in the 3rd round. I think he'll go 2nd round after his fine performance. I like his pass rush, but he isn't the sideline to sideline guy you'd want in RD2. Ronnell Lewis would be a great OLB guy with speed and hitting ability.

http://drafttek.com/

On the right hand side are links to all of the Senior Bowl evaluations, including our own Mike Schottey, who was there for the entire week. Have at it!

Astro

Then add Bushrod in FA, and you have the Cockblocker line! :thumbsup:

Did he perchance get a list of the players the Bills coaching staff seemed interested in?

I thought Adams, the LT from Ohio State, was by far the most impressive/dominant player I saw. Also, the WR from Arkansas seemed real good.

Upshaw looked real good against LSU in the BCS game, but looked so-so in this game.

I agree,

Couples had a few really good series but could do nothing against Adams. Upshaw 's sack was against Adams but it was when the Wilson bailed out. Upshaw did a great job of getting a very elusive QB. but Adams kept him out long enought he should have thrown it away.

I agree with your analysis the big man that stood out was Adams. Couples and Upshaw were both good but Adams shut both of them down. i don't know that there are any pure great pass rushers in this draft. I would not mind Adams (LOT) at pick 10. This is the kind of draft that you might get a player at #27 that is as good or better than the player you draft at #10.

I agree with your analysis the big man that stood out was Adams. Couples and Upshaw were both good but Adams shut both of them down. i don't know that there are any pure great pass rushers in this draft. I would not mind Adams (LOT) at pick 10. This is the kind of draft that you might get a player at #27 that is as good or better than the player you draft at #10.

Mercilus beat Adams like he owned him, when Illinois played Ohio State this year.

WOW... I didn't understand one word you said... You lost me at ( i )

then ur pretty stupid... this is not college or a bizz letter.. i do most thru IPAD or mobile phone.. i type fast and dont care about perfect grammar.. every point made, is feasable and makes sense on future on players and hopefully we get right guy in 1st... coples, ingram or upshaw... a 3 suit our needs more than anyone else unless something unforeseen occurs and a major player drops to us

I don't know about you guys but I was impressed with Alameda Ta'amu DT Wash 6'3" 341lbs. I know we have a lot of DT on this team but I see S. Johnson and D. Edwards going to the waste side. This guy doesn't have much of a pass rusher, but a great run stuffer and can eat up blockers. I think if he is there in the forth round we snag him. I want our D-line to be big and powerful, don't care if they can rush the passer or not. I know we mix it up alot on the D-line but can you imagine a 3-4 D-line with Williams and Darues playing end and Ta'amu in the middle eating up blockers. I think that would be impressive. Or in a

4-3 with Dareus, Williams, Ta'amu, and Kelsay/Couples (if we get lucky and snag him in the first). It would remind me of our line in the late 90's the last time we could stop the run with Pat Williams and Sam Adams anchoring our line.

Simulating this using DraftTek Simulator:

1 10 Buffalo Mike Adams OT Ohio State

2 42 Buffalo Juron Criner WRP Arizona

3 74 Buffalo Vinny Curry OLB34 Marshall

4 105 Buffalo Michael Egnew TE Missouri

4 124 Buffalo Brandon Lindsey OLB34 Pittsburgh

5 137 Buffalo Ryan Van Bergen DE34 Michigan

6 169 Buffalo Ryan Lindley QB San Diego State

6 191est. Buffalo Brian Quick WRP Appalachian State

7 200 Buffalo Asa Jackson CB Cal Poly

I don't know about you guys but I was impressed with Alameda Ta'amu DT Wash 6'3" 341lbs. I know we have a lot of DT on this team but I see S. Johnson and D. Edwards going to the waste side. This guy doesn't have much of a pass rusher, but a great run stuffer and can eat up blockers. I think if he is there in the forth round we snag him. I want our D-line to be big and powerful, don't care if they can rush the passer or not. I know we mix it up alot on the D-line but can you imagine a 3-4 D-line with Williams and Darues playing end and Ta'amu in the middle eating up blockers. I think that would be impressive. Or in a

4-3 with Dareus, Williams, Ta'amu, and Kelsay/Couples (if we get lucky and snag him in the first). It would remind me of our line in the late 90's the last time we could stop the run with Pat Williams and Sam Adams anchoring our line.

We have Ta'Amu going #58 to Houston in RD2. I think we take another DT though. I like Hebron Fangupo from BYU in RD4 and Nicolas Jean-Baptiste from Baylor in RD5, although he'll go to RD4 soon. The Late Round Wonders are Ishmaa'ily Kitchen and Chigbo Anunobyin RD7 or our possible RD6 extra pick.

Simulating this using DraftTek Simulator:

1 10 Buffalo Mike Adams OT Ohio State

2 42 Buffalo Juron Criner WRP Arizona

3 74 Buffalo Vinny Curry OLB34 Marshall

4 105 Buffalo Michael Egnew TE Missouri

4 124 Buffalo Brandon Lindsey OLB34 Pittsburgh

5 137 Buffalo Ryan Van Bergen DE34 Michigan

6 169 Buffalo Ryan Lindley QB San Diego State

6 191est. Buffalo Brian Quick WRP Appalachian State

7 200 Buffalo Asa Jackson CB Cal Poly

Curry will never last until rd 3. Looked like the best pass- rusher yesterday. Coples highly overrated.Ingram who I liked looked bad also.Curry was the best pass rusher out there yesterday.

Curry will never last until rd 3. Looked like the best pass- rusher yesterday. Coples highly overrated.Ingram who I liked looked bad also.Curry was the best pass rusher out there yesterday.

Admittedly, Curry is a great pass-rusher (He is also the NCAA's active leader in career TFL's with 48, is second to Mercilus in career sacks with 26.5), but Curry becomes more of a liability laterally and in coverage. His knee injury won't help; he was out a lot. That's why he'll drop--But not as far as the Bills' 3rd Rounder in truth, though; you're right. A 3-4 team needing a pass-rusher will snag him in RD2.

Admittedly, Curry is a great pass-rusher (He is also the NCAA's active leader in career TFL's with 48, is second to Mercilus in career sacks with 26.5), but Curry becomes more of a liability laterally and in coverage. His knee injury won't help; he was out a lot. That's why he'll drop--But not as far as the Bills' 3rd Rounder in truth, though; you're right. A 3-4 team needing a pass-rusher will snag him in RD2.

coples is NOT highly over rated at all... has all the tools but played for crap team and is still a kid.. has some growing up to and has high motor and a mean streak.. he have enough "character" guys.. time to get a baller and this kid has all the tools to be the 2nd coming of peppers. even if hes 75% of peppers he would be worth his weight in gold.. NC turns out some really good pro prospects on D and him and zack brown are both premier players at their respective positions.. we were smart last yr and drafted a BAMA and LSU guy to be up middle of our D.. stick to same logic and draft kids from schools that turn out good pro;s on D and NC seems like they produce good edge rushers like UM produced good WR and RB's a few years back..

Brown absolutely BLEW up a screen yesterday and creamed the RB.. may be a bit under sized but HIGH motor and insane speed.. i was hoping he would have a bad game so he can slip to 2nd and we get him there while adding coples ( who doubt will last to us) ingram or upshaw...

IF we dont go DE in round 1 which i think based on players avaiable is deepest position for our spot at 10.. we can really do our HW and get best DE available.. no reason to look anywhere else unless blackmon drops to us which again, he wont... i think we take care of WR in FA with a bowe like signing to pair up with Stevie who we WILL resign some way or another... if we can some how get Mario Willliams who i dont think we will spend on, hat fixes our need for DE and say we go WR cuz i cant see us signing an expensive WR and DE in free agency.. its probably gonna be 1 or other.. those are our 2 biggest needs that can help us immediately.. i dont care how good some of CB's are like Dre or claiborne.. we dont need them if we can pressure the QB.. williams should be locked into 1 spot and we can sign plenty of guys to reasonable deals.. i think we let mcgee walk, and hopefully floyrence as well... i still think they should give mckelvin another look to start.. bad ball skills cuz came from D2 school and sometimes it takes them longer to adapt cuz they were used to winning matchups on ability alone and hes not sharpest tool in shed.. talent wise hes by far the best we got and i think Rodgers wil turn out to be a great corner.. has great instincts and over final weeks , we finally got a KR who wasnt scared to bring ball out of endzone... this kid will be a top 4 corner next yr for us and between mid rounds and free agency i see easy fits for us... our safeties are great , LOVE byrd and wilson and would look alot better if we actually got to QB so they can do their jobs... think Searcy is gonna be a baller too.. looked tough against run and made some rookie mistakes as did williams but will be much improved in yr 2.. last yr's draft class was best in a long time and dont forget , NO OTA's and stuff really limited rookies.. i think we will see a huge step for 2nd and 3 rd yr players... im hoping carrington goes back to DE and i think would be a good 3rd and short or 1st and 10 DE... not best pass rusher, but hes a big boy and gets hands up and knocks passes down and was sooooooooooooo stupidly used last yr as OLB.. boggles my mind how we lined him and spencer johnson at OLB... i think we see a real over haul in depth in front 7 this yr as we will be much more of a 4-3 team... 4-3 is built up middle and our 2 best D players are at DT.. if we can get a really good DE whether viz draft or FA, and draft smart on D like last yr and get guys like shepp, dareus, searcy and williams and rodgers... those 5 guys will all receive alot of playing time .. i cant remember a draft producing 5 solid guys with a true stud in round 1 and throw in hairston who looks like we will def. have a solid career in league whether as a starter or as a 3rd tackle which is still valuable due to injuries and tackle being most important depth position on OL... thats best draft class is YRS... i see it as an A+ draft.. cant wait to see these guys along with moves in off season... this is yr we HAVE TO MAKE PLAYOFFS and to be honest, we arent far away.. we will have a much improved team, my biggest concern is their confidence is fitz... i really hope we sign a REAL backup and not thiggy and draft a kid like moore in 4th who has long term potential and will really soak in alot in yr sitting behind a brain like fitz and working with a QB type HC in gailey..

coples is NOT highly over rated at all... has all the tools but played for crap team and is still a kid.. has some growing up to and has high motor and a mean streak.. he have enough "character" guys.. time to get a baller and this kid has all the tools to be the 2nd coming of peppers. even if hes 75% of peppers he would be worth his weight in gold.. NC turns out some really good pro prospects on D and him and zack brown are both premier players at their respective positions.. we were smart last yr and drafted a BAMA and LSU guy to be up middle of our D.. stick to same logic and draft kids from schools that turn out good pro;s on D and NC seems like they produce good edge rushers like UM produced good WR and RB's a few years back..

Brown absolutely BLEW up a screen yesterday and creamed the RB.. may be a bit under sized but HIGH motor and insane speed.. i was hoping he would have a bad game so he can slip to 2nd and we get him there while adding coples ( who doubt will last to us) ingram or upshaw...

IF we dont go DE in round 1 which i think based on players avaiable is deepest position for our spot at 10.. we can really do our HW and get best DE available.. no reason to look anywhere else unless blackmon drops to us which again, he wont... i think we take care of WR in FA with a bowe like signing to pair up with Stevie who we WILL resign some way or another... if we can some how get Mario Willliams who i dont think we will spend on, hat fixes our need for DE and say we go WR cuz i cant see us signing an expensive WR and DE in free agency.. its probably gonna be 1 or other.. those are our 2 biggest needs that can help us immediately.. i dont care how good some of CB's are like Dre or claiborne.. we dont need them if we can pressure the QB.. williams should be locked into 1 spot and we can sign plenty of guys to reasonable deals.. i think we let mcgee walk, and hopefully floyrence as well... i still think they should give mckelvin another look to start.. bad ball skills cuz came from D2 school and sometimes it takes them longer to adapt cuz they were used to winning matchups on ability alone and hes not sharpest tool in shed.. talent wise hes by far the best we got and i think Rodgers wil turn out to be a great corner.. has great instincts and over final weeks , we finally got a KR who wasnt scared to bring ball out of endzone... this kid will be a top 4 corner next yr for us and between mid rounds and free agency i see easy fits for us... our safeties are great , LOVE byrd and wilson and would look alot better if we actually got to QB so they can do their jobs... think Searcy is gonna be a baller too.. looked tough against run and made some rookie mistakes as did williams but will be much improved in yr 2.. last yr's draft class was best in a long time and dont forget , NO OTA's and stuff really limited rookies.. i think we will see a huge step for 2nd and 3 rd yr players... im hoping carrington goes back to DE and i think would be a good 3rd and short or 1st and 10 DE... not best pass rusher, but hes a big boy and gets hands up and knocks passes down and was sooooooooooooo stupidly used last yr as OLB.. boggles my mind how we lined him and spencer johnson at OLB... i think we see a real over haul in depth in front 7 this yr as we will be much more of a 4-3 team... 4-3 is built up middle and our 2 best D players are at DT.. if we can get a really good DE whether viz draft or FA, and draft smart on D like last yr and get guys like shepp, dareus, searcy and williams and rodgers... those 5 guys will all receive alot of playing time .. i cant remember a draft producing 5 solid guys with a true stud in round 1 and throw in hairston who looks like we will def. have a solid career in league whether as a starter or as a 3rd tackle which is still valuable due to injuries and tackle being most important depth position on OL... thats best draft class is YRS... i see it as an A+ draft.. cant wait to see these guys along with moves in off season... this is yr we HAVE TO MAKE PLAYOFFS and to be honest, we arent far away.. we will have a much improved team, my biggest concern is their confidence is fitz... i really hope we sign a REAL backup and not thiggy and draft a kid like moore in 4th who has long term potential and will really soak in alot in yr sitting behind a brain like fitz and working with a QB type HC in gailey..

yeah curry kinda looks like the pick ,at this point. Coples is more push player than off the edge.He also gets blocked easily against good tackles.

I bet the Bills sign a pass rusher, run-stopping OLB, and/or WR in Free Agency, freeing us up to take BPA in the draft in each of the first 3 rounds.

My bet for a run-stopping OLB is Erin Henderson. Mario Williams only played 5 games last year. Henderson excelled in run-stopping in 15 of his 16 games played, exceeding other free agents at DE or OLB, according to PFF Premium.

John Abraham is a good bet for a 3-year signing as pass rush DE. He's 33, but 5 of his last 7 games last year were monster games, and 4 of his last 5 years earned him 9+ sacks. You would still be looking for BPA pass rusher in RD1-3 of the draft, though. Would like to see Mario Williams or Robert Mathis but neither had as good a year as Calais Campbell. Cards can't afford to let him get away as they don't have an RD2 pick this year and need O-Line help galore.

Best Value at WR: Welker. Welker is ranked as the #3 WR in the NFL and had 9 positive games out of 16, Colston is the #5 WR and had 6 positive games out of 16, Bowe had 5 positive games out of 16, Meachem is #4 as a downfield-blocking WR and had 4 positive games out of 16.

I bet the Bills sign a pass rusher, run-stopping OLB, and/or WR in Free Agency, freeing us up to take BPA in the draft in each of the first 3 rounds.

My bet for a run-stopping OLB is Erin Henderson. Mario Williams only played 5 games last year. Henderson excelled in run-stopping in 15 of his 16 games played, exceeding other free agents at DE or OLB, according to PFF Premium.

John Abraham is a good bet for a 3-year signing as pass rush DE. He's 33, but 5 of his last 7 games last year were monster games, and 4 of his last 5 years earned him 9+ sacks. You would still be looking for BPA pass rusher in RD1-3 of the draft, though. Would like to see Mario Williams or Robert Mathis but neither had as good a year as Calais Campbell. Cards can't afford to let him get away as they don't have an RD2 pick this year and need O-Line help galore.

Best Value at WR: Welker. Welker is ranked as the #3 WR in the NFL and had 9 positive games out of 16, Colston is the #5 WR and had 6 positive games out of 16, Bowe had 5 positive games out of 16, Meachem is #4 as a downfield-blocking WR and had 4 positive games out of 16.

Yeah none of this years pass rushers seem worth the 10th pick. Curry in the second. Receiver or L.T. . Although I do like Burfict attitude.