35 years ago today

Also the 26th anniversary of the Challenger accident.

"Roger, go with throttle up"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljPYmSdyVZc

Still remember that I was in study hall that day, across from the library. The librarian came over and told us what happened, we all went over and watched the replays on TV. Told one of my friends the next period, he didn't believe me so I told him to go to the library and see it, since that's where our teacher was.

Also the 26th anniversary of the Challenger accident.

At the time it happened, I was in the air, flying on a B-52 training mission out of Griffiss AFB (Rome, NY). We had left early in the am, on a long mission out to the "STRC" low level training area in the midwest. We didn't find out about it 'til we got home at around 6pm that night.

Re the Blizzard of 77: went to the Sabres vs Flames game on Thurs night at the Aud with a few friends. We lived in the southtowns, so we came home on Rte. 5. Weather was very bad, so we stopped and spent the night in "Hoaks", right there on the lake in Hamburg, near Big Tree Rd. We made it home Fri morning before the main storm hit though. Good times.

youtube.com/watch?v=fL7eXnIqUV4

I was then on the "new" UB North Campus in the Ellicott dorms

The radio media made it like a countdown of doom - and they were right on schedule - white out

My girl friend (now wife) went on a smokes/beer run with her posse and got into an auto accident while coming back from the 7-11 on Millersport Highway. Campus Security deposited her in my dorm room for the rest of the week.

I worked part time for the dorm authority - They had me deputize friends for keeping the fire doors shoveled, pick up the worst of the garbage and make sure there was enough toilet paper - it was a fun few days

The supply of booze & smokes was paramount - and one of the local pizza places did business off a snowmobile

Good Times :thumbsup: