Illegal contact only called because Brady threw and interception

No, if the broncos won I would have agreed its fixed. That Tebow is a ratings boon, like em or not...

Also the harbaugh bowl would have made a better story than pats/ giants again.

Don't you think some former player, ref or coach would have come clean for profit?

not for nothing but Bob Kraft was supposedly instrumental in getting the lockout ended (as per Jeff Saturday). With his wife passing away there is a lot to lead you to the perfect story for the Pats. Owner works out labor deal, loses wife, wins championship avenging loss of undefeated season. Seems like a very compelling storyline esp when you consider the media empire that is ESPN and its close proximity/ball licking towards everything Boston.

If Steratore is reffing in the Super Bowl you won't be able to convince me it's not fixed as he seems to be in the middle of many many questionable calls that have affected outcomes in games including but not limited too; the just give it to them game, the calvin johnson non catch, the stevie non catch against the Bengals, and the pitt-mia game when Rothlisburger fumbled and the steelers were given the ball anyway. How is this guy still in the league?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Pollard hit Gronkowski last night, and he limped off the field, did anyone else think, holy crap that guy likes destroying Patriots? :devil:

Haha the funny thing is my friend called it before the game even started. He is a colts fan so he dislikes the patriots almost as much as I do, and he knew Pollards record of hurting Brady then Welker and almost Gronk :)

I've asked Pats fans many a time whether they can name a game that they lost late on a bad call or no call and never get an example of that from them. If it evened out you'd think there'd be at least a few, since they've won so many that way, whether it be the Tuck Rule, "just give it to them", the Colts AFC Championship game a few years back, the Ravens MN game in 2007, the Bills game with the "inadvertent whistle" saving Brady from a pick 6 by Clements, the Texans game from about 2003-4 when Brady's pick at the end was miraculously waived off with a late flag away from the play (one of my favorites--the announcers had absolutely no idea what the infraction was, even after the ref announced it), etc.

I'll ask Pneumonic--any you can give us?

Still waiting.....

not for nothing but Bob Kraft was supposedly instrumental in getting the lockout ended (as per Jeff Saturday). With his wife passing away there is a lot to lead you to the perfect story for the Pats. Owner works out labor deal, loses wife, wins championship avenging loss of undefeated season. Seems like a very compelling storyline esp when you consider the media empire that is ESPN and its close proximity/ball licking towards everything Boston.

If Steratore is reffing in the Super Bowl you won't be able to convince me it's not fixed as he seems to be in the middle of many many questionable calls that have affected outcomes in games including but not limited too; the just give it to them game, the calvin johnson non catch, the stevie non catch against the Bengals, and the pitt-mia game when Rothlisburger fumbled and the steelers were given the ball anyway. How is this guy still in the league?

Why would the NFL care about a week one lions game, or bills-bengals for that matter?

I've asked Pats fans many a time whether they can name a game that they lost late on a bad call or no call and never get an example of that from them. If it evened out you'd think there'd be at least a few, since they've won so many that way, whether it be the Tuck Rule, "just give it to them", the Colts AFC Championship game a few years back, the Ravens MN game in 2007, the Bills game with the "inadvertent whistle" saving Brady from a pick 6 by Clements, the Texans game from about 2003-4 when Brady's pick at the end was miraculously waived off with a late flag away from the play (one of my favorites--the announcers had absolutely no idea what the infraction was, even after the ref announced it), etc.

I'll ask Pneumonic--any you can give us?

They don't lose many games but I'd bet after the 3 they lost by one score this year fans raged over a missed call somewhere.... It's a lot easier to move on when you are the one seed though. No idea what it works out to over time but I'd be curious to get a more comprehensive picture. Not even sure how you'd do it though. A better coached team should have fewer penalties, turnovers etc.... So I'm not sure how you'd quantify it.

Still waiting.....

You're asking to list questionable losses for a team that barely loses. That's a tough job.

But here's one for ya. This years Pats loss to the Giants. Two questionable PI calls to end the game. The last one especially on a ball that was clearly uncatchable.

You're asking to list questionable losses for a team that barely loses. That's a tough job.

But here's one for ya. This years Pats loss to the Giants. Two questionable PI calls to end the game. The last one especially on a ball that was clearly uncatchable.

Many thanks for responding--I didn't see all of that game, unfortunately, so don't remember those calls. Anyone else who watched have a view on them?

unfortunately, webb did illegally contact welker. :(

it was a good call.

Not to mention the flag was on the ground before the pass was intercepted.

But didn't you hear? Elvis and 2-pac are alive, and 9-11 didn't really happen...

Sure it did. I saw Dick Cheney wiring bombs inside the WTC two weeks earlier.

good teams alway get the breaks from the refs

1 micheal jordan never missed a shot if he did its because he was fouled.

2 don shula coach for miami for twenty years and never got screwed on a call.

3the bills in the 90 always got the call bebee steps out of bounds comes back in

and catches a td pass.same game oilers call time out to set up a feild goal its starts to

rain the ball is wet the oilers center wants a new ball the ref says no and they miss the kick.

The Patriots are the best team in the AFC. Tom Brady is the best QB in the AFC. Gronkowski, Welker and Hernandez are all elite at their positions. Bill Belichick is the best coach in the NFL. That's why they're in the Super Bowl. Not because of blown calls or dirty refs.