Eagles kicking Trent Edwards tires

Beerball

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy Reid thinks he can turn anyone with a skill set in to something good enough to be a back up and his track record except with Young isn't that bad at doing just that. Trent may actually be in a position to succeed, good for him. I have no bad feeling left about the guy. Jauron was a QB confidence killer and he did play behind a rotten Oline.

Jauron was an offensive moron to be sure, and he did manage to kill more then one QB's confidence.

NFL history is filled with comeback stories about cast off QB's. perhaps the Best is Ex Patriots / 49res / Raiders QB Jim Plunkett who was completely shell shocked in New England and then in San Fran

Al Davis sat him down and let him recover. Built a dominate run game and let Plunkett hand it off.

Completion % was high cause he didn't throw over 5 yds. He dumped the ball off a lot if i remeber correctly. Actually looked like he would develop into a decent QB until the Safety from Zona destroyed him! Then he got scared, and played really scared!

Didn't miami want to bring him in and he said no? I could be wrong, but i thought i heard it or read it somewhere

wanna play Trent ? nah....that's sounds like a baller

wanna play Trent ? nah....that's sounds like a baller

I followed Trent with the Jags and as you all know I was a big fan of his and while I'm still a fan of Trent the person now, not so much of a fan when it comes to Trents play.

Not sure what the problem is or was, but he's afraid (or refuses) to throw the football down the field.

Perhaps after all this time he can get back to where he was before whatever happened to him happened.I know some folks say he has always sucked, but I disagree, something changed him for the worse.

The bigger news in this story to me is how far Vince Young's star has fallen. He went from being a hot commodity to being moved on from for Trent?! He must be dumber than we thought! Or maybe its the whole dream team thing that falls on his shoulders. Either way I'm shocked!

btw Trent was HORRIBLE in Jax how does even get this shot? Is it still because Bill Walsh thought he was good? I'm thoroughly confused by this.