Would Spiderman - DT Be a Good Coach ??

T master

Sometime this past season i seem to remember something being talked about that our much loved & respected retired LB for the Bills Darrell Talley was hanging around the Bills camp asking questions about being or what it takes to become a coach in the NFL .

I even seem to remember coach Gailey talking with respect to Darrell inquiring about becoming a coach in the NFL or that he would be a good coach in the NFL (hint , hint Coach) Does any one else remember that :unsure: ?? Talley if i remember correctly even spoke his mind a couple of times on BB.com the past 2 seasons on what the team needed to do as far as their play in hopes of motivating them to play better ..

With the hire of Wannstedt as our new D coordinator , do you think that Talley might have a chance at beginning a coaching career with his old team ?

I think there is no doubt in any ones mind that he has the passion or the know how to play the position , it's just the fact would any one at this camp value him as a LB's coach or is that why they hired Inge was to take over at Wanny's old position as LB coach :unsure: ??

The Bills seem to have a few veteran or retired Bills players that have done pretty well after leaving the playing field of the NFL to become coaches of the game they use to play . Jim Haslet being one & the other which until this past year i didn't know he had played for the Bills & is a very good & a very famous coach at the NFL level - Marty Schottenhiemer .

Which i never understood why we didn't make a bigger play for either of them to come here and coach ??

Especially with Buddy & him working together in San Diego ? It would be a great PR move . Come on Brandon get on the stick !!

I love to see a passionate coach !! On the other side i despise a lifeless coach (DJ) & I think we have 2 very passionate coaches in Gailey & Wannstedt . I know that Talley would be as passionate about coaching the position as he was about playing it :worthy: !! So i wonder if there could be a reunion in the making at One BIlls Drive :thumbsup: ??

Edited by T master

I do recall some chatter about D T having an interest in coaching and hanging around st John Fisher but nothing since the season began. Whether he would be any good is beyond me. But we do have an openoing at LB coach right now dont we?

Takes attutide + understanding + teaching ability to be a good coarch.

No question on his attitude - if he has the depth of understanding and ability to teach others, he'll do great.

Don't know why he doesn't start at the college level though to pr0ove himself.

Sometime this past season i seem to remember something being talked about that our much loved & respected retired LB for the Bills Darrell Talley was hanging around the Bills camp asking questions about being or what it takes to become a coach in the NFL .

I even seem to remember coach Gailey talking with respect to Darrell inquiring about becoming a coach in the NFL or that he would be a good coach in the NFL (hint , hint Coach) Does any one else remember that :unsure: ?? Talley if i remember correctly even spoke his mind a couple of times on BB.com the past 2 seasons on what the team needed to do as far as their play in hopes of motivating them to play better ..

With the hire of Wannstedt as our new D coordinator , do you think that Talley might have a chance at beginning a coaching career with his old team ?

I think there is no doubt in any ones mind that he has the passion or the know how to play the position , it's just the fact would any one at this camp value him as a LB's coach or is that why they hired Inge was to take over at Wanny's old position as LB coach :unsure: ??

The Bills seem to have a few veteran or retired Bills players that have done pretty well after leaving the playing field of the NFL to become coaches of the game they use to play . Jim Haslet being one & the other which until this past year i didn't know he had played for the Bills & is a very good & a very famous coach at the NFL level - Marty Schottenhiemer .

Which i never understood why we didn't make a bigger play for either of them to come here and coach ??

Especially with Buddy & him working together in San Diego ? It would be a great PR move . Come on Brandon get on the stick !!

I love to see a passionate coach !! On the other side i despise a lifeless coach (DJ) & I think we have 2 very passionate coaches in Gailey & Wannstedt . I know that Talley would be as passionate about coaching the position as he was about playing it :worthy: !! So i wonder if there could be a reunion in the making at One BIlls Drive :thumbsup: ??

I know it was a minor aside, but read up on haslet, especially his saints coaching stint and you will find your answer. Players sleeping with each others wives, haslet knocking up a cheerleader and haslet lying to the owner just as a few notes to make sure you catch that you'd probably have to dig beyond the surface "he wasn't a very good coach, evaluated talent poorly and gamedays worse" chatter

Takes attutide + understanding + teaching ability to be a good coarch.

No question on his attitude - if he has the depth of understanding and ability to teach others, he'll do great.

Don't know why he doesn't start at the college level though to pr0ove himself.

Dude, I think he loves the Bills and would love to see them winning again. I don't think he wants to coach anywhere else.

I don't know if he would have the patience and teaching ability to coach well. He's got the attitude and he knows what it takes, we all know that.

I don't think he loves the idea of coaching or he would already have done as you suggest.

DT has stated before and when asked recently reiterated that he would definitely like to do some coaching. The problem is Ralph has also stated he doesn't like to hire former players because, "When you hire one you have to hire them all"

If the Bills reach out to Talley Im sure he would be here in a heartbeat but I don't see that happening unfortunately

I just worry he's more of a motivational speaker than a coach. If he had the passion to be in the offices 12 hours a day year round, he'd fight to do it other places if we won't use him. I don't doubt he wants to help, just how much and what he has to give longterm.

I liked Talley as a player. I appreciate what he did for the Bills and wish him all the best. He probably could develop into a good linebacker coach. I assume you are not linking his potential new career with having any positive effect on the current team. If hired in that capacity, he would be an unqualified rookie. It would be no better than hiring a successful and beloved coach as a rookie General Manager, only to have him Levy town with a reduced reputation.