Jerry's latest

bowery4

That article was pretty brazen, even by Jerry Sullivan standards, considering he ran every coach he named out of town. Maybe he figures heavy drinking by his readers caused widespread memory loss?

PTR

That's the secret to his longevity. Short memories and even shorter attention spans...

Jerry writes about how successful the ex-Bills coaches are doing in the playoffs. I don't disagree, but there are two additional things to think about. First they are performing as assistant coaches and are therefore in their element. Unfortunately, the Bills hired some of them as Head Coaches with less than stellar results. Secondly, the fact that there are a lot of coaching alumni is influenced by the fact that there has been a revolving door in Buffalo.

"You get what you pay for" said a wise man and the Bills refuse to pay for a proven GM or Head Coach. People will keep shuffling in and out of Buffalo as long as this organization is led by the current group.

Actually, I find that Sully often "sees" the same Bills game that I see. The Bills should be "in" every game; win some of them, and emerge at the end of the season with 9 - 10 wins in the average season. Last ten years their record has been lower than whale feces. How do you dress that string of lame seasons into shiny positive newspaper columns?

Actually, I find that Sully often "sees" the same Bills game that I see. The Bills should be "in" every game; win some of them, and emerge at the end of the season with 9 - 10 wins in the average season. Last ten years their record has been lower than whale feces. How do you dress that string of lame seasons into shiny positive newspaper columns?

Most of the criticisms I've seen of Sully have nothing to do with negativity.

The criticisms are usually that:

1) He states the obvious… zero insight.

2) He is either too optimistic or too pessimistic. In other words he's over-reactionary. He does not have good temperament. His sense and instinct for the magnitude of stories is lacking so he rarely places the story in the appropriate context.

3) He doesn't practice any journalism… he just spouts opinion. His work is roughly equivalent to the better writers on Bleacher Report… in other words, distant observations with little substance behind them.

After 22 years in Buffalo, you'd think he'd have more to bring to the table than obvious pedestrian observations dressed in mediocre writing.

Most of the criticisms I've seen of Sully have nothing to do with negativity.

The criticisms are usually that:

1) He states the obvious… zero insight.

2) He is either too optimistic or too pessimistic. In other words he's over-reactionary. He does not have good temperament. His sense and instinct for the magnitude of stories is lacking so he rarely places the story in the appropriate context.

3) He doesn't practice any journalism… he just spouts opinion. His work is roughly equivalent to the better writers on Bleacher Report… in other words, distant observations with little substance behind them.

After 22 years in Buffalo, you'd think he'd have more to bring to the table than obvious pedestrian observations dressed in mediocre writing.

Like maybe some sources in the Bills.