Contract talks with Stevie Johnson

"dialogue" doesn't necessarily mean talks with Stevie Johnson have re-opened according to this story.

AP Story on Nix presser

jw

Ha, I saw that. Personally, since it posturing and chest pounding time regarding negotiations. Their both probably full of krap.

Edited by Best Player Available

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good post. According to quite a few people, there are only 5-8 "#1" WRs in the NFL. I'd rank Stevie in the #12-20 overall range of WRs in the NFL.

The amusing part is how many people dog Stevie for the drops, yet consider Roddy White elite even though he leads the league in drops, and had a few of them yesterday.

Right but when you catch two that you have no business being able to get to, it hurts less when you drop one. Stevie doesn't get to a lot of those bad throws. Probably partially due to injuries.

Interesting. I wonder what Nix meant?

Probably met with Stevie last week and let him know they were interested in resuming contract talks. Stevie said ok and probably referred Buddy to his agent and Buddy'll contact him shortly. Technically a dialogue right?

I'd love to see us keep Stevie and then draft Alshon Jeffery. That would give Fitzy one target who excels at getting open horizontally and one who excels as a vertical target. I like DeSean Jackson as a playmaker, but Fitzy wouldn't be able to take advantage of his deep threat ability.

Watching replays of Andre Reed & James Lofton make me realize what a mistake it would be to resign the bafoon to a long term contract.

These are different times. The best receiver on a terrible team. We have too sign him. For sure Andre doesn't have any sympathy for clown acts though.

Don't know if stuffing his pockets full of cash will make him have a sense of responsibility on the team, or ramp up his kiddy antics. Not to mention his epic drops.

He sounds realistic. The only reason he gets signed is because he would blaze our secondary if on an opposing team. I still see him leaving to free agency though. Don't believe the hype.

I believe they want to resign him, but I am not holding my breath.