What's The Point?

Despite how the season turned out, I think the Bills already have a QB they can win with. Maybe I'm just in denial, but when the Bills were on this season, they showed me that they're not far from being a playoff team.

For all the dings on Fitz and the Bills, Fitz was in the top 1/3 of the league in most categories including completion %, TDs, yards, sacks taken, and yes, INTs. And the Bills Offense was rated 14th in yards and points. So Fitz and the offense are not the reason we lost 10 games. It's the defense, stupid. Now that we've promoted Dave W, maybe our D will be better and we can get into the playoffs next year.

The point is that even as bad as our team has been over the last decade or so, being a Bills fan is better than being a Dolphins fan, or a Jets fan, or a Patriots fan.

sounds like the bills new marketing campaign is underway...which probably has little chance of working because there is only one NFL team that has not made the playoffs over the last decade or so...

I don't like when people use the 2002 Buccs as an example of not needing a QB. Yes, the Buccs had one of the all-time great defenses that season, but Brad Johnson played at a pro-bowl level for them that season. He was just as big of a reason for them winning the SB as the defense.

There are 4 top-flight qbs--brady, brees, rodgers, and p manning. All 4 will probably go to the HOF. Everyone else gets by with serviceable QBs, not unlike Fitz.

A serviceable QB to me needs to be considerably more accurate than Fitz is capable of.

But we will see.

Oh brother

Like who Flacco ?

No TJ Yates....

I don't like when people use the 2002 Buccs as an example of not needing a QB. Yes, the Buccs had one of the all-time great defenses that season, but Brad Johnson played at a pro-bowl level for them that season. He was just as big of a reason for them winning the SB as the defense.

True, but this changes the agurement of needing a perennially elite qb to you need a qb who can play at a prow bowl level for a season or two. Doug Flutie had a probowl year.