Justin Blackmon

Casey D

Blackmon is it. That guy is a monster. No one in the nation can cover him 1 on 1. He showed how great he was again last night. This is exactly what he's been doing for the last two seasons. You know he's going to get the ball and he still beats the coverage. Forget Jeffrey, forget Floyd (I'm an ND fan through and through saying this), I want Blackmon. I would like to see us move up and get him if reasonably possible. He and Stevie J would be something special.

Blackmon is it. That guy is a monster. No one in the nation can cover him 1 on 1. He showed how great he was again last night. This is exactly what he's been doing for the last two seasons. You know he's going to get the ball and he still beats the coverage. Forget Jeffrey, forget Floyd (I'm an ND fan through and through saying this), I want Blackmon. I would like to see us move up and get him if reasonably possible. He and Stevie J would be something special.

You my friend are very smart. Watching him last night he made all the catches that show he's a dominating WR. A deep ball where he outran the defenders to get it and then away from them to the endzone, a slant (a pass that Fitz loves and showed all year to SJ) where he outmuscled the defenders, broke tackles and ran away again, and then over the middle, with double coverage and still got a TD. He's IT!!!

This guy looks like he will be an amazing NFL WR. Where is he projected in the first round?

We should stop talking about this guy. Unless the Bills make a big trade (unlikely), Blackmon will be long gone before we pick.

He's a stud though, the Bills could sure use him...Maybe we'll get lucky.

A secondary good enough to be in the Fiesta Bowl at the highest college level so I'd say that he dominated the opposition. In fact he did that all year long, dominated all his opposition and it shows he did that with records for receptions, over 1,500 yards and 15 TDs. I'd say regardless of who he played he dominated that level. All you can do is ask him to dominate the level of play given to him and he did it well. I'd assume he will do it wherever he goes.

Biggest comparison is that Blackmon doesn't get kicked out of a Bowl game in his last college game ever for fighting. He scored 3 TDs and was the player of the game instead.

First, Jeffrey wasn't fighting, he pushed the DB who was swinging on him away.

Second, he still left with 4 catches for 148 yes and a TD, plus he won the game MVP

He was like a man playing against trolls.

His performance last night reminded me of early 2000s Shaq and what he used to do to Eric Dampier and to the Nets' Jason Collins during the 2001 finals.

It was absolute dominance.

It would be hard to be mad about a Justin Blackmon pick...though I would rather trade up for a QB.

Second, he still left with 4 catches for 148 yes and a TD, plus he won the game MVP

Look, well just agree to disagree here. Both are great prospects. I didn't watch the SC game but I did watch all the highlights. I know he didn't start it physically but he was involved and was ejected for responding to the altercation. He did have a great game when he played. He did have a TD, which IMO was not really that great because it was a toss up. Sure he still got the TD but it was a score and a bunch of yards added on that may not have necessarily been. I did see Blackmon take control of the Fiesta Bowl. He was absolutely dominant last night. He dropped one pass in the end zone with defenders all over him and that was his only bad highlight. Regardless we will probably never get Blackmon and probably will have a shot at Jeffrey. Either one will work but I'd prefer Blackmon and believe he will have a better pro career.

Half of me wants the Bills to trade their 1st, 2nd and 4th pick to move up and grab Blackmon. He is worth it if we were so bold to pull that off. As much as I like Jeffery, Blackmon is a whole level ahead of him.

Regardless of the stupid call that got Jeffery thrown out of the bowl, and his good play up until then, he is no where near as dominant as Blackmon.

Of course, this path would lead to only minimal additions to our lowly Defense. And Im a Defensive guy...

But drafting Blackmon and signing one of the Free Agent WRs (SJ13 included in that FA list) would instantly improve Fitz's play, as well as our entire Offense.

Edited by DrDareustein

Yeah I watched it...Jefferey really didn't do anything physically (a small harmless shove maybe), he was just kind of standing there while the DB swung wildly like a fool. I was really surprised that they ejected him, the ref's got that one wrong.