Buddy says "No Excuses" - what does that mean?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

it means George Edwards is gone, along with maybe the OL coach or something...

If Buddy had any stones and any real desire to make his name as a GM, he would fire Chan Gailey and bring in a top-notch replacement.

It's clear that Chan is in over his head. We can either do something about it now, or "stay the course" in the name of continuity and do it next year.

When you don't have the right man, there is no value to waiting a certain period of time before rectifying the situation.

Yeah, it would be a tougher call to make now than next year after another 6-10 or 7-9 season. That's what the movers and shakers do: make tough calls.

Your idea of "making the tough calls" sounds a lot like how Daniel Snider runs the Redskins. How's changing coaches every 2-3 years and hiring "top notch replacements" working for them?

I'll admit, the Bills way isn't working either but you make it sound like if they just followed your easily formulated blueprint the Bills would be on their way back.

I'm willing to give Gaily another year - perhaps even two depending on what transpires next season. As much as people want to label it as an "excuse" the Bills were decimated by injuries this year. Their OL, WR, DBs, DL, LB - there wasn't a unit that wasn't hit and hit hard.

The most interesting part of Buddy's interview is a brief line he said about everyone "getting excited" at the early success. He said "I knew were weren't quite as far along as everybody thought we are" admitted that he knows the roster isn't there yet and the success was as much good fortune as talent.

I still believe in Buddy and I think he and Chan know what they're doing and what they're building. Adding a few more pieces next year and there's a lot to build on.

As popular as it may be to say "fire everyone" or "blow it up". I think we're moving in the right direction.

You are really in the know. George Edwards just got fired BTW.

Yeah, they did do that.

So, the Bills are playoff bound now that they dumped their DC. :unsure:

I hope tha 'stache knows what he's doing.

The most interesting part of Buddy's interview is a brief line he said about everyone "getting excited" at the early success. He said "I knew were weren't quite as far along as everybody thought we are" admitted that he knows the roster isn't there yet and the success was as much good fortune as talent.

I still believe in Buddy and I think he and Chan know what they're doing and what they're building. Adding a few more pieces next year and there's a lot to build on.

As popular as it may be to say "fire everyone" or "blow it up". I think we're moving in the right direction.

Buddy can say whatever BS he wants in hindsight.

OK...so losing 8 out of the last 9 games of the season and repeatedly getting outcoached by division opponents is "headed in the right direction?" Bottom line is: Chan has one year to get it right before he and Buddy get fired (or "retires" in Buddy's case). Then we're back to "rebuilding" LOL

I'm not saying release Fitz, I'm not saying keep Fitz, but as I understand the details provided of Fitz contract, he has no guarantees beyond a $15 million signing bonus and an injury clause (he gets $9 million if injuried while on the roster). So we can cut him any time, as I understand it.

Someone else please correct me if I'm wrong.

3.5 million. That is all we would eat and would owe if we cut him by Day 7 of the new league year. This was reported in depth on NFLN a few weeks ago.