Goals for 2012

Mr_Blizzard

2011 was a rough year, but one major goal was completed - I finished a second college degree.

2012 goals - I'll throw one out there - I want to learn to speak conversational Italian. My oldest daughter (age 24) is also working on it. We got Rosetta Stone and started working through the program this past week.

One more - I've got an old hot rod sitting in my garage that needs some TLC. I think this is the year . . .

Thoughts?

By the Way - Happy New Year to all my TBD colleagues!

Beat Chamberlain's record.

Hilarious!

Be debt free by the end of the year.

This is also one of my goals.

Zero interest payments on debt and start saving big money.

2011 was one of those years where the spending couldn't be avoided although we controlled the Christmas spending pretty well.

I'm also gonna start a foreign language, Spanish, as it is such a prevalent language out here in Cali and I took several years back in Williamsville and it would be a shame to not build on that.

I quite smoking several months ago and would like to start working out again… still in good shape but I'd like to be back in the 98th percentile for my age group.

Other than that, enjoy life with my family and friends, take nothing for granted and treat each day as the precious time that it is.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

2011 was a rough year, but one major goal was completed - I finished a second college degree.

2012 goals - I'll throw one out there - I want to learn to speak conversational Italian. My oldest daughter (age 24) is also working on it. We got Rosetta Stone and started working through the program this past week.

One more - I've got an old hot rod sitting in my garage that needs some TLC. I think this is the year . . .

Thoughts?

By the Way - Happy New Year to all my TBD colleagues!

Congratulations on your degree. Good job.

My goal for this year is to buy some sort of ring with a fancy rock on it.

Nice! I hope you get the answer you're looking for :thumbsup:

Find a job.

Got laid in February off due to medical reasons with government providing coverage for company I worked for; thing is medical issues had been cleared up by the time my clearance was yanked and gag order by government prevented me from appealing since I could not bring in any support since I could not tell anyone agency I was doing work for. Supposedly top secret with lots of extra markings but ANYONE with access to security clearance database, even someone with only a public trust access, can see agency.

I have never been out of work for 2 months in my professional career and now I have been unemployed for more than 10 months. Some of it is age discrimination ("too much experience", "your degree occurred a long time ago, don't you have a more recent degree?"), some of it is economy and some due to my skill set tailored for DOD market for 20+ years not matching a commercial sector.

Bills slump is least of my issues.

Find a job.

Got laid in February off due to medical reasons with government providing coverage for company I worked for; thing is medical issues had been cleared up by the time my clearance was yanked and gag order by government prevented me from appealing since I could not bring in any support since I could not tell anyone agency I was doing work for. Supposedly top secret with lots of extra markings but ANYONE with access to security clearance database, even someone with only a public trust access, can see agency.

I have never been out of work for 2 months in my professional career and now I have been unemployed for more than 10 months. Some of it is age discrimination ("too much experience", "your degree occurred a long time ago, don't you have a more recent degree?"), some of it is economy and some due to my skill set tailored for DOD market for 20+ years not matching a commercial sector.

Bills slump is least of my issues.

**** hit the fan for me to. Just kept pluging on Bro :thumbsup:

Sorry Jim....been all over the state (including "Los Anchorage"), and my impression is that this entire state is hell. Beautiful place to visit, but completely unsuitable for permanent residence. That's my opinion....of course.

You lived in Fairbanks too long. -50 is not normal for Alaska South of 60 degrees Lat. Fairbanks, every day.