A nice Dead tune for your listening pleasure....

The Poojer

Furthur

12/31/11 (Sat) Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - San Francisco, CA

Set 1: Golden Road (to Unlimited Devotion), Cosmic Charlie, Althea, Next Time You See Me, High Time, Shakedown Street > Viola Lee Blues

Set 2: Morning Dew > Dark Star > Mason's Children > Jam > Dark Star > Mountain Song > I Know You Rider, St. Stephen > Fire on the Mountain

Set 3: Sugar Magnolia (1), Playing in the Band > Uncle John's Band > Colors of the Rain > Born Cross Eyed > The Wheel > Playing in the Band (reprise) E:Terrapin Station Suite

Comment: (1) started at the stroke of midnight, after a large dragon descended from the ceiling (2012 is the Year of the Dragon)

also with balloon drop and Bill Walton as Father Time, dancing onstage

Lineup: Phil Lesh - bass

Bob Weir - guitar & vocals

Jeff Chimenti - keyboards

John Kadlecik - guitar & vocals

Joe Russo - drums

Jeff Pehrson - vocals

Sunshine Becker - vocals

Edited by Chef Jim

Furthur is pretty damn good. Not a big fan of Bobby but it is as close as you'll get to reliving the Dead (wow, that's deep). John Kadlecik nails Jerry's guitar. But having seen DSO you already knew that. You can stream tonight's show if you're up late. :thumbsup:

Kadlecik is off the charts great. I have seen Furthur twice (MSG and Jones Beach). They are doing a spring tour in the northeast, and they sold out 8 nights in NYC at the Beacon, 3 in Boston and 1 in Wallingford, Ct.

I am going to Ct. and making a weekend out of it. Can't wait!

I don't know what youtube is doing with their audio lately, but some of these clips - such as that Philly clip from '89 posted on pg 1 - sound REALLY good when you plug some headphones into the computer. I started noticing this when we had the Freddie Mercury thread a while back...some of those clips sounded fantastic!

I don't know what youtube is doing with their audio lately, but some of these clips - such as that Philly clip from '89 posted on pg 1 - sound REALLY good when you plug some headphones into the computer. I started noticing this when we had the Freddie Mercury thread a while back...some of those clips sounded fantastic!

I run my computer through my Roland drums then to my headphones. :thumbsup:

I run my computer through my Roland drums then to my headphones. :thumbsup:

I had to Google Roland drums to know what you were referring to...those are BADASS!!!

I love them!! Best purchase I ever made. And if you think they look good you should here how they sound.

Those make me want to pick up the drums again! I've never seen those before...very cool concept!

Those make me want to pick up the drums again! I've never seen those before...very cool concept!

I didn't own a drum set for over 20 years. I went to Guitar Center and sat at one of those. Holy crap! I was hooked. I now play much better than I did when I was young and played in a band.

I didn't own a drum set for over 20 years. I went to Guitar Center and sat at one of those. Holy crap! I was hooked. I now play much better than I did when I was young and played in a band.

These look like so much fun! I can see why you love em!

Well his set is a wimpy and he does play to gay music. biggrin.gif

Mine is similar to this one. The rig is pretty much the same but the "brains" on this one is a couple generations better than mine.

youtube.com/watch?v=1jjRdEhCEhI&feature=related

That is really badass...what does a basic set of these gonna set me back? Ballpark?

That is really badass...what does a basic set of these gonna set me back? Ballpark?

I think mine was a couple grand but that was 4-5 years ago. Try Craigs List.

I had to replace all the clamps on mine. They were plastic and I broke them all. I'm what you call a "power" drummer. LOL

I think mine was a couple grand but that was 4-5 years ago. Try Craigs List.

I had to replace all the clamps on mine. They were plastic and I broke them all. I'm what you call a "power" drummer. LOL

We need to see a Chef Jim video up on youtube!! :D

Damn, I wish they'd dip down to philly for that short tour

Kadlecik is off the charts great. I have seen Furthur twice (MSG and Jones Beach). They are doing a spring tour in the northeast, and they sold out 8 nights in NYC at the Beacon, 3 in Boston and 1 in Wallingford, Ct.

I am going to Ct. and making a weekend out of it. Can't wait!

i downloaded the 72 tour complete recordings......holy crap...i have only listened to a small fraction but day-um....they were in TOP form...i know we have extolled the greatness of the Brent years, but this euro tour was so unbelievably tight, and Donna hadn't learned to f***up the shows yet....WOW.....

if you get the chance to get these 72 discs, do it...it's a bit of rock history that won't disappoint.....