2011 offseason moves

Opinion time. How would you improve this roster. Let's assume the Pats try to get vengeance for losing to the Bills and the Bills go 6 - 10. Three extra wins over last year. Improvement, but the injury bug caught them again. Let's re-work the roster.

I am not including rookies in this list. So, those who say Hairston or Johnny White need to go I am not entertaining that. What do we know about them really. When I watched him, Hairston looked like a potential find. I am also not including solely ST players, except Punter/Kicker/LS.

QB:

We're married to Fitz now. Thigpen is a decent backup.

STAYS: Fitz, Thigpen, Smith

GOES: No one.

HB:

Jackson needs to come back. I don't care about the injury. Develop Spiller like Bush. Upgrade FB is they need it.

STAYS: Jackson, Spiller

GOES: Choice, Hall, McIntyre

WR/TE:

Johnson should know he has the #1 here and will develop more. Nelson is good possession receiver and a huge target in the red-zone. Chandler does everything asked of him. I am mixed on Roosevelt and Parrish. Jones/Martin and the rest of the scrub squad need to go.

STAYS: St. Johnson, Nelson, Chandler, Parrish or Roosevelt

GOES: Parrish or Roosevelt, Martin, Jones, Easley, the rest of the no name scrubs.

OL:

What a good unit this turned into. Bell is too injury prone.

STAYS:

All four starters not named Bell, Hairston, Rhinehart

GOES:

Any starter named Bell.

DL:

Edwards was a wasted signing. Maybe we need to shift back to 4-3, since it looks like Williams and Dareus will occupy the middle with Troup spelling them. I still want to see Mt. Jasper get a taste of the bigs, but that may not happy. As for DE, anyone not named Carrington needs to go.

STAYS:

K. Williams, Dareus, Troup, Carrington, Sp. Johnson

GOES:

Edwards and the rest are marginal

LB:

I am sold. Merriman is made of glass and is a shell of his former self. Morrison, Moats, Barnett, Kelsay (????) did well with props to Barnett completely. Sheppard and White are still rookies.

STAYS:

Morrison, Moats, Barnett, Kelsay, Torbor

GOES:

Davis, Merriman, Batten is on the bubble.

DB:

Williams and McFumbles (??) look legit, Wilson, Byrd and Scott are backbones. Florence and McGee just look old, feeble and lost now (add injury prone to McGee). Jury is out on the rest of the rookies. Corto and Corner are on the bubble.

STAYS:

A. Williams, McFumbles, Wilson, Byrd, Scott, either Florence or McGee (probably Florence).

GOES:

Florence or McGee (probably McGee), Corto and/or Corner (probably Corner since he was cut once already).

ST:

Rayner is gone. Lindell returns. Moorman will be the punter until he retires. Sanborn is a good LS.

STAYS

Lindell, Moorman, Sanborn

GOES

Rayner

COACHES

HC: Stays

OC: Stays

DC: FIRE EDWARDS NOW!!!

QB: Short leash with Fitz's regression.

HB: Stays

WR: Short leash with all the drops.

OL: Give a raise

DL: Short leash with that awful line play (save Dareus).

LB: Give a raise

DB: Stays

ST: Stays

Conditioning: Too many injuries

Medical staff: Too many injuries

FA/Draft

We need the following measures:

01: Deep threat WR - Free Agent Signing

02: Durable, big, strong OT - Draft

03: Pass rushing DE - Draft

04: Run blocking FB - FA Signing

05: QB of the future - Draft

06: Pass Rushing OLB - Draft

1st round: DE

2nd round: QB

3rd round: OT

4th round(a): OLB

4th round(b): WR

5th round: TE

6th round: DT

7th round(a): OL

7th round(b): DB

Be gentle if you criticize. I am overseas.

I could see and upgrade over Thigpen but don't think the Bills are pushing him out but would replace him if better QB is available.

McIntyer stays! Are you kidding me this guy is an animal his problem is Chan likes to spread and keep the FB on the Bench and we don't need one of those pass catchers like Larry Centers. We got a hammer and need to use him, catching is a bonus.

Easly probably stays, with his health/injuries the staff wants to see if he can produce. TE Lee Smith stays too ,kid is a beast and developing receiver.

Bell has to go and Colin Brown and Sam young stay too.

Who knows what they plan on doing with the D, they could go back to 43 easy or draft a couple OLBs and be a good 34. Either way Troupe stinks, Heard rocks and Carrington is better than you think.

I say Torbor goes and Davis stays, Batten and Moats stay as backups.

agree with your DBs and ST.

pretty much the same for coaches.

here's your positions in a 43:

1. DE Quinton Coples 6'6" 278 N Carolina

2. QB Ryan Tannehill 6'4" 220 Tex A&M

3. LT Andrew Datko 6'6" 321 Florida St.

4. OLB Lavonte David 6'1" 224 Nebraska

4. WR Ryan Broyles 5'11" 187 Oklahoma

5. TE Michael Egnew 6'5" 242 Missouri

6. DT Nicolas Jean-Baptiste 6'2" 316 Baylor

7. RT Mitchell Shwartz 6'5" 324 Cal

7. CB Trumaine Johnson 6'2" 204 Montana

in a 34:

1. DE Devon Still 6'4" 305 Penn St.

4. OLB Jack Crawford 6'5" 65 Penn St.

6. NT Deangelo McCray 6'3" 335 Memphis

Why does being over seas matter?

I could see and upgrade over Thigpen but don't think the Bills are pushing him out but would replace him if better QB is available.

McIntyer stays! Are you kidding me this guy is an animal his problem is Chan likes to spread and keep the FB on the Bench and we don't need one of those pass catchers like Larry Centers. We got a hammer and need to use him, catching is a bonus.

Easly probably stays, with his health/injuries the staff wants to see if he can produce. TE Lee Smith stays too ,kid is a beast and developing receiver.

Bell has to go and Colin Brown and Sam young stay too.

Who knows what they plan on doing with the D, they could go back to 43 easy or draft a couple OLBs and be a good 34. Either way Troupe stinks, Heard rocks and Carrington is better than you think.

I say Torbor goes and Davis stays, Batten and Moats stay as backups.

agree with your DBs and ST.

pretty much the same for coaches.

here's your positions in a 43:

1. DE Quinton Coples 6'6" 278 N Carolina

2. QB Ryan Tannehill 6'4" 220 Tex A&M

3. LT Andrew Datko 6'6" 321 Florida St.

4. OLB Lavonte David 6'1" 224 Nebraska

4. WR Ryan Broyles 5'11" 187 Oklahoma

5. TE Michael Egnew 6'5" 242 Missouri

6. DT Nicolas Jean-Baptiste 6'2" 316 Baylor

7. RT Mitchell Shwartz 6'5" 324 Cal

7. CB Trumaine Johnson 6'2" 204 Montana

in a 34:

1. DE Devon Still 6'4" 305 Penn St.

4. OLB Jack Crawford 6'5" 65 Penn St.

6. NT Deangelo McCray 6'3" 335 Memphis

Why does being over seas matter?

because I only get game day. I miss alot of games because of the 16 hour time difference and I don't know much about the college game. So, my opinions are based soley on the nine games I've watched this year, not all 15.

because I only get game day. I miss alot of games because of the 16 hour time difference and I don't know much about the college game. So, my opinions are based soley on the nine games I've watched this year, not all 15.

I see, Just do some digging on draft sites like draftek and scouts. Are you overseas permanently?

Opinion time. How would you improve this roster. Let's assume the Pats try to get vengeance for losing to the Bills and the Bills go 6 - 10. Three extra wins over last year. Improvement, but the injury bug caught them again. Let's re-work the roster.

I am not including rookies in this list. So, those who say Hairston or Johnny White need to go I am not entertaining that. What do we know about them really. When I watched him, Hairston looked like a potential find. I am also not including solely ST players, except Punter/Kicker/LS.

QB:

HB:

Jackson needs to come back. I don't care about the injury. Develop Spiller like Bush. Upgrade FB is they need it.

WR/TE:

Johnson should know he has the #1 here and will develop more. Nelson is good possession receiver and a huge target in the red-zone. Chandler does everything asked of him. I am mixed on Roosevelt and Parrish. Jones/Martin and the rest of the scrub squad need to go.

GOES: Parrish or Roosevelt, Martin, Jones, Easley, the rest of the no name scrubs.

OL:

STAYS:

GOES:

Any starter named Bell.

DL:

Edwards was a wasted signing. Maybe we need to shift back to 4-3, since it looks like Williams and Dareus will occupy the middle with Troup spelling them. I still want to see Mt. Jasper get a taste of the bigs, but that may not happy. As for DE, anyone not named Carrington needs to go.

STAYS:

GOES:

LB:

I am sold. Merriman is made of glass and is a shell of his former self. Morrison, Moats, Barnett, Kelsay (????) did well with props to Barnett completely. Sheppard and White are still rookies.

STAYS:

GOES:

DB:

Williams and McFumbles (??) look legit, Wilson, Byrd and Scott are backbones. Florence and McGee just look old, feeble and lost now (add injury prone to McGee). Jury is out on the rest of the rookies. Corto and Corner are on the bubble.

STAYS:

A. Williams, McFumbles, Wilson, Byrd, Scott, either Florence or McGee (probably Florence).

GOES:

Florence or McGee (probably McGee), Corto and/or Corner (probably Corner since he was cut once already).

ST:

Rayner is gone. Lindell returns. Moorman will be the punter until he retires. Sanborn is a good LS.

STAYS

GOES

Rayner

COACHES

FA/Draft

There are three things I really take issue with in your assessment. McIntyre, as others mentioned, is a critical part of our special teams unit and, when on the field, meant that FJ had a higher Y.P.C. Dwan Edwards is a "marginal" player, yes, but he's been moderately productive and has actually been one of the more underrated players on this team. There is no reason not to keep him for depth. Finally, Merriman's contract is mostly, if not all guaranteed. Besides the fact that I think he was a key part of our pass rush (tape shows how many times he was held without a call), cutting him when we wouldn't save any money has zero benefit.

Edited by ny33

QB:

HB:

WR/TE:

OL:

STAYS:

GOES:

Any starter named Bell.

DL:

STAYS:

GOES:

LB:

STAYS:

GOES:

DB:

STAYS:

GOES:

ST:

STAYS

GOES

Rayner

COACHES

FA/Draft

To me rodgers and searcy look like keepers.