Black outs cost money

I bet with the new and maybe even the old TV deals the NFL loses money when the games are blacked out because no one sees the adds that are paying for those deals and people aren't buying their products. If I was the networks I'd sue the League for not properly advertising their sponsorship.

The game is only blacked out in Buffalo. How many people do you think missed the game? Not enough to lose money. Most of us watched it on the Sunday Ticket. With the money the networks are paying, including DirecTV I don't think anyone is losing money.

The game is only blacked out in Buffalo. How many people do you think missed the game? Not enough to lose money. Most of us watched it on the Sunday Ticket. With the money the networks are paying, including DirecTV I don't think anyone is losing money.

The OP is the same guy who thinks NFL are fixed so I think it is safe to say he is "special"

I have Sunday ticket but has been blacked out the last 3 home games. They won't get me money again, just not worth it.

How does Sunday ticket have anything to do with Bills games if you live in WNY?

FYI, I live in the Toronto market. I have Bell satellite who follows the blackout rules. Rogers cable in Toronto appearantly allowed the telecast through a western feed. All I am saying is I should be allowed to watch all games after paying $200+ living in a different country. Not all of us can commit to border crossing delays along with a 2 hour drive each way every home game. I would even pay more for the freedom of any games. The blackout rules need changes IMO.

Lastly, Bills performance in the last few months definitely has not been worth the drive.

Edited by Hsp08

I have Sunday ticket but has been blacked out the last 3 home games. They won't get me money again, just not worth it.

Save your money, I've watched every game on my computer: when they win, I'm vey glad I can watch them in shape or form, and when they lose, I'm glad I didn't have to pay a dime (Except my $1200 MacBook Pro, and $30 a month internet service).

Save your money, I've watched every game on my computer: when they win, I'm vey glad I can watch them in shape or form, and when they lose, I'm glad I didn't have to pay a dime (Except my $1200 MacBook Pro, and $30 a month internet service).

But nothing like a game on the big screen in HD!

The OP is the same guy who thinks NFL are fixed so I think it is safe to say he is "special"

I never said they were fixed ,in fact I said I think they are not fixed. To be fixed the players would have to throw the game. However some one is influencing the Refs to affect the out come of some games.

FYI, I live in the Toronto market. I have Bell satellite who follows the blackout rules. Rogers cable in Toronto appearantly allowed the telecast through a western feed. All I am saying is I should be allowed to watch all games after paying $200+ living in a different country. Not all of us can commit to border crossing delays along with a 2 hour drive each way every home game. I would even pay more for the freedom of any games. The blackout rules need changes IMO.

Lastly, Bills performance in the last few months definitely has not been worth the drive.

Exactly.

Where do you watch it online?

Rochester is blacked out and I believe Syracuse is also.

Ok, but the point I am making to the OP is that the NFL gets billions of dollars from TV and they are not losing any money from games being blacked out. How could they?

You are missing the OPs point. He is not saying the NFL is losing money, he is saying the network and it's advertisers are losing money for a product they paid for but are denied because of blackout rules. The thing is, networks had to have agreed to this. There is no way that that Multi-billion dollar contract does not have language specifically addressing blackouts.

This being said, blackouts still suck and make little sense in today's NFL.

You are missing the OPs point. He is not saying the NFL is losing money, he is saying the network and it's advertisers are losing money for a product they paid for but are denied because of blackout rules. The thing is, networks had to have agreed to this. There is no way that that Multi-billion dollar contract does not have language specifically addressing blackouts.

This being said, blackouts still suck and make little sense in today's NFL.

First line in his post........I bet with the new and maybe even the old TV deals the NFL loses money when the games are blacked out