St. Petersburg Bowl 8pm ESPN

Astrobot

FIU plays Marshall tonight, and a player I'll be watching is Vinny Curry. Right now, Curry would be a possible 2nd RD OLB34, in case you wanted to take someone else in RD1 (RG3? Floyd? Calayborne? Reiff?).

Thanks for the heads up!! Which team is he on?

Vinny Curry plays for Marshall. He is a great defensive player.

Also watch Aaron Dobson (#3) WR for Marshall.

This is 'homecoming' type of game as 25 players on the Marshall roster

are from Florida.

GO HERD !!!

Some notes on Vinny Curry (#99), who held his own against Dontari Poe (NT) this year:

-Lining up at both DE positions.

-Handled by TE, with OT there to help – caught off-guard due to play-action.

-Super quick off the ball.

-Pancaked by crack-back, also offside on play.

-Cut by OT multiple times, seems to be the new way to slow Curry the last few games.

-Tracks the ball well, scrapes down the line and assists on the tackle.

-Good push on option play, sheds block and forces the play out.

-Getting a little high out of his stance, giving the OL a big target.

-Knocked backwards by RT on run play.

-Keys on fullback, caught inside on run to the outside at goal-line.

-Not getting pressure early, doubled at times.

-Creates some push and blocks extra point.

-Showing good discipline, not over-reacting to plays and staying on his assignment.

-Slips inside once OL stops moving his feet, gets some pressure on QB.

-Good read, react, and tackle on zone read.

-Tracks the ball well, makes the tackle at the line of scrimmage.

-Sudden quickness at the snap of the ball, but got a bit too high and didn’t get enough push.

-Pushes the RT back into the option lane, blows up the play.

-LT misses assignment, Curry obliterates the RB for a loss.

-Controls lineman with one arm while tackling RB with another two plays later.

-Nice swim-move, flushes the QB into pressure.

-Shows off power, pushing RT back into the option lane again. Much better pad level.

-Good twist and rip, gets pressure in the QB’s face.

-Flashed his skills at times, but this was the 2nd below-par game in a row for Curry.

First off, I didn't see the entire game (phone call) but I did notice Vinny Curry NOT getting off on the snap on a few plays. His overall play leads me to believe he'll stand up in the Pros, but I wouldn't think of him in the first two rounds off of what I saw. He does have an NFL physique, and will likely help out as a starter in year 2 or 3, so he is worth a look for a Bills defense that needs a pass rusher or three desperately!!

First off, I didn't see the entire game (phone call) but I did notice Vinny Curry NOT getting off on the snap on a few plays. His overall play leads me to believe he'll stand up in the Pros, but I wouldn't think of him in the first two rounds off of what I saw. He does have an NFL physique, and will likely help out as a starter in year 2 or 3, so he is worth a look for a Bills defense that needs a pass rusher or three desperately!!

He wasn't on the field for several plays, which I thought was odd.

He doesn't look as explosive as he did earlier in the year. I wouldn't be surprised if we hear about him battling some injury towards the end of the season once we start talking Combine and Pro Day workouts.

He doesn't look as explosive as he did earlier in the year. I wouldn't be surprised if we hear about him battling some injury towards the end of the season once we start talking Combine and Pro Day workouts.

I did hear that he's injury-prone.

Is there a new league rule that the Bills have to draft D from Conf-USA in the second round?

I don't believe so. As far as I'm concerned, that lineman from Central Florida was drafted as a waterboy.

Edited by GOBILLS78