Perhaps we should stop calling it a "lack of depth"

Coach Tuesday

I think that Marv got more room from Mr. Wilson than anyone in the history of the franchise. He trusted Marv; this is evident. And he gave him a lot of room to help screw up the team.

What do you think?

I think this was true when he came back in 2006, but NOT back in the 90s. Polian/Butler were running the show back then.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the draft is seven rounds if you have a pick in every round and they all pan out that's 7 the roster is 53. If you miss like we did in Nix/Gailey first draft, your going to have to sign more free agents which they didn't do. Take someone like the Eagles.....at the bottom of the NFL on payroll for years and years and years, they try to buy a good team sign everyone they can find - did it work ? Not like they thought although they might get into the playoffs due to that weak division.

They have not had roster depth for 20+ years. Whitner and Poz shouldn't have been allowed to make it to their last season - they should've been locked up well before then at more reasonable rates. And I don't buy the 4-3 argument with Poz - the Bills basically play a 4-3.

Not as per Poz. He himself quoted that in his press conference as the reason to play for the Jaguars.

I agree that they have not had roster depth. On the other hand do you want to overpay for Poz and Whitner like they did for Kelsay...After all he was signed to big contracts before his current contract expired. Why should the Bills pay for non-contributing players.

I sort of agree with that, but to be fair they got picks for McGahee. But they let Peters go, albeit with picks in return (and used one of them on Wood). I would NEVER have made that trade.

Actually, they had done that with almost everyone starting from

Peerless Price to Lee Evans.

The only one that was good that got away without any compensation were Pat Williams, Winfield, overrated Clements, and Jabari Greer.

Of course, how they used those draft picks is another story!

It is solely about talent. Whither and Poz were big losses?

Please.

The Bills have managed to not draft pro bowl caliber players forever. A couple good ones out of hundreds is the issue. Not about money. It is inferior scouting and drafting.