Defense

jcbillsfan

It has been two drafts and two free agent periods that the Bills have been trying to convert to a 3/4 defense. As it stands now they still seem to be better off in a 4/3 set

Dline Ends carrigton,edwards,kelsey

tackles williams,darues,johnson,troupe

These 7 players give then great flexabilty ,In reality they can run all kinds of fronts

A heavy 3 man similar to the jets use with wiliams,darues and troupe

a quick 4 man with carrington,williams,darues kelsey

a traditional 3 man or a traditioanl 4 man front

Buddy seems to be set on going 3/4 with spme different looks mixed in

Chan seems to like a hybred , my guess at this point he would sign up for anything that works

With Wannstadt on the staff it will be intresting if Buddy softens his stance

Either way it comes down to linebackers. Which ever way they decide to go there will be no turning back after this offseason.

If they continue 4/3 base they will have to bring in outside linebackers that fit the system . Another year with Kelsey and Johnson handling the outside ole Buddy's sippen whiskey bill will equal 1 percent of the national debt.

Edited by jcbillsfan

It has been two drafts and two free agent periods that the Bills have been trying to convert to a 3/4 defense. As it stands now they still seem to be better off in a 4/3 set

Dline Ends carrigton,edwards,kelsey

tackles williams,darues,johnson,troupe

These 7 players give then great flexabilty ,In reality they can run all kinds of fronts

A heavy 3 man similar to the jets use with wiliams,darues and troupe

a quick 4 man with carrington,williams,darues kelsey

a traditional 3 man or a traditioanl 4 man front

Buddy seems to be set on going 3/4 with spme different looks mixed in

Chan seems to like a hybred , my guess at this point he would sign up for anything that works

With Wannstadt on the staff it will be intresting if Buddy softens his stance

Either way it comes down to linebackers. Which ever way they decide to go there will be no turning back after this offseason.

If they continue 4/3 base they will have to bring in outside linebackers that fit the system . Another year with Kelsey and Johnson handling the outside ole Buddy's sippen whiskey bill will equal 1 percent of the national debt.

I haven't read, seen, or heard one thing Wannstadt has brought to the party this season. I'm wondering just what his role is? Other than what some media guide says.

On the other hand, no one has thrown him under the bus in the media so I guess that's a positive.Plus when things are going bad there isn't a lot of back slapping going on but still

It's frustrating. I'd feel better if Singletary was our linebackers coach.

I don't think this group is as strong as you think. Troup and Carrington are not contributing / did not contribute much. Kelsay and Johnson are really rotational quality players. When fully healthy, they only have 3 legit full time starters in Dareus, Williams and Edwards (and Edwards is marginal). They don't have a true NT or a strong pass rushing end so they can't really play a 3-4 or a 4-3 effectively, as you can see on Sundays. I haven't lost all hope that Carrington and/or Troup may still develop into something decent but really the Bills probably need to be looking for two more solid linemen, including one full time starter.

The Bills have given up 87 more points than the Jauron coordinated Browns

Funny you should mention that. I noticed in the Clowns Stealers Monday Nighter that the Stealers were moving the ball and the Clowns D was giving up long drives, but few points. Kindof like the Ds he had here. Fewer points is good.

I'm sorry.... I also am of the belief that this team needs to go back to the 4-3.

But even with that line-up at DL, we would get and were getting ZERO penetration.

They need to add an elite DE. Not some mid-tier schmoe. An elite DE. The LBers can be mid-tier. (Hell, this team's LBers, besides Barnett, look up from the gutter and aspire to be mid-tier.)

And we know with this Owner and FO, that isn't happening unless we trip over one in the draft and he magically gains 5 years experience from great teacher-coaches overnight. Moreover, as I've said all season, with the league neutering defenses, smart teams would put their $ into their offense.... Which means it's going to be another offseason of all defense all the the time for the Buffalo Bills.