Met Chris White's Aunt tonight

Jerry Jabber

The lockout prevented the S and C guys from working with players - whatever off season conditioning the players did was on their own. Hard to put this on the new S and C guys.

Precisely the point I was going to make. White doesn't know diddly about any NFL offseason training.

Weren't the 31 other NFL teams forced to abide by the same rules? I heard we don't have enough flat screens in the weight room.

What does that have to do with what our players did with their free time during the off season when the new S and C guys weren't able to work with them and hadn't had an off season to work with the players since being hired?

I am the furthest thing from an apologist for this abysmal excuse for a professional football team, but laying their current injuries woes at the feet of S and C guys who have barely had a chance to work with the current players is going a little to far.

What does that have to do with what our players did with their free time during the off season when the new S and C guys weren't able to work with them and hadn't had an off season to work with the players since being hired?

I am the furthest thing from an apologist for this abysmal excuse for a professional football team, but laying their current injuries woes at the feet of S and C guys who have barely had a chance to work with the current players is going a little to far.

I agree with you, but also keep in mind that rookies couldn't exactly pay for personal training during the off-season, given that they hadn't earned any NFL money yet.

I'm not blaming the new S&C guys for this years annual IR festival. But, I don't believe that being unable to train with conditioning coaches because of the lockout gives any

coach a pass. Really, I haven't read anything that the guys are world class trainers. Heck, I'd have to google them to find out who they even are. To believe that because of the

lockout the now yearly IR mess we have is because the new staff couldn't implement their system may be too simplistic. A lot of NFL players train on their own anyways during the offseason. Jerry Rice never followed the teams

conditioning plan during the off season. His was way more intense than most players will buy into. Of course he also owns almost every NFL passing record. Maybin even hired his own trainers. I can go on but you get the picture. Sorry the lockout excuse doesn't work for me.

Alright, let's back up this truck.

WHO makes the ultimate decision whether a player goes on IR? The coach? The GM? The medical staff? The player? The player's agent? Or is it some ungodly combination of all the aforementioned?

Has anyone taken a holistic view of this conversation? The input a player receives from his family? His publicist? His teammates?

Or are we marching along assuming there is one unilateral force that decides a player ends up on the shelf? I suppose by boiling it down to such a simple circumstance, it allows us, the fans, to point and wag our collective finger. After all someONE has to be responsible, right?

But consider the reality of the situation--the money involved, where a player stands in his career, a player's post football aspirations, his post BUFFALO aspirations, the state of the team, the state of the franchise, the city itself, then get back to me with some "real" theories as to why we continually have players wind up on IR.

I, for one, would like to see how many of our IR'd players over the past five years eventually signed extensions to stay in Buffalo, or how many of them left of their own volition, or were discarded all together. That would be telling.

Edited by The Big Cat

Agents never would dream of fronting that.... Oh wait.... They do.

That's a fair point, but for a mid-round pick I'm not sure that would happen, particularly in a situation without a C.B.A. Conceivably, had the season been cancelled, White might never have had a contract.

That's a fair point, but for a mid-round pick I'm not sure that would happen, particularly in a situation without a C.B.A. Conceivably, had the season been cancelled, White might never have had a contract.

I think you underestimate how much is invested into these guys before they are even drafted yet alone signed and making plays. You can break even or lose a few bucks on quite a few if you get even a couple of those mid tier guys to an average second contract (or one huge one).

The agent would be an utter failure if he didn't get the guy training.

Edited by NoSaint