Is Ralph or other people in the Bills FO racist?

mike oxhurtz

Just because the Bills draft or sign black players, doesn't mean they're gonna give them big contract extension.

I cant believe Im seriously replying but...

Whats the difference between signing guys and giving them contract extensions, as far as race is concerned?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still scratching my head as to why we didn't extend jackson or johnson but pears gets an extension....pure madness.

Really? you must not read well. for the 4th time...

Ok, one more time...

The Bills have approached Stevie and Freddie. It is Stevie's camp and Freddie's camp that decided to wait until after the season. It takes two to tango.

The Bills approached Jackson in preseason during the "starter controversy". He chose to wait.

The Bills were in talks with Johnson, but when talks stalled, Johnson's camp pulled out. He chose to wait.

This was all widely reported and Buddy talked about it in his post-Fitz signing interview.

Still scratching my head as to why we didn't extend jackson or johnson but pears gets an extension....pure madness.

I'll say this, so Dr. D doesn't have to for a 3rd time. Pears did not "get" an extension, nor did the Bills "give" him one. The two sides negotiated for a contract. The Bills have not currently come to such terms with Jackson or Johnson, more accurately with their agents. If this organization just went around granting whatever contracts the players wanted, it would be a messier mess than it already is.

Two-way street.

EDIT: sorry, Dr. I was too late.

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine

Johnson's camp said they were going to wait until the offseason, because the Bills were offering nowhere close to what Johnson's agent wanted.

Jackson verbally stated that he was unhappy with his contract, and got really PO'd when there was talk that the starting RB position was Spiller's job to lose.

So, maybe you're the one with the reading comprehension problem?!

I cant believe Im seriously replying but...

Whats the difference between signing guys and giving them contract extensions, as far as race is concerned?

Or drafting new black players to take the place of the ones that leave.

This stupid topic comes up every year or so. Some people apparently just get off on inventing 'racism' everywhere they look. They are the equivalent of Uncle Leo on Seinfeld.

Ok, one more time...

The Bills have approached Stevie and Freddie. It is Stevie's camp and Freddie's camp that decided to wait until after the season. It takes two to tango.

That's a bunch of BS. Good teams re-sign their best players. If Overdorf, Littman, and Nix can't sign these guys, then they deserve to be fired. Every player in the league has an agent who thinks his player is worth more than he is. But somehow, other teams seem to come up with deals for their best players. They need to get these guys signed and fulfill the promise they had to the fans to build a winning team.

Johnson's camp said they were going to wait until the offseason, because the Bills were offering nowhere close to what Johnson's agent wanted.

Jackson verbally stated that he was unhappy with his contract, and got really PO'd when there was talk that the starting RB position was Spiller's job to lose.

So, maybe you're the one with the reading comprehension problem?!

So, because Johnson's agent didn't get what he wants, Ralph is racist?!?!?

This is going to be a controversial topic, I know, but I was wondering when the last time a non-white Bills player got a big contract extension?

We've seen players like Schobel, Kelsay, Fitzpatrick and K. Williams (he definitely deserved it) all get good contract extensions. But, they couldn't give extensions to Jason Peters, let Jabari Greer walk, Antoine Winfield, and now Stevie Johnson (as contract talks broke off, because the team couldn't come close on numbers with Johnson's camp).

Is this just a coincedence or is someone (or some people) not willing to pay non-white Bills players a large payday?

This topic is not that controversial, it's actually a non-topic.Pretty sure this franshise has made as many black millionares as any other. Now, if all we did was draft white players, then you are on to something. The OP is either a racist himself or an idiot. Maybe both. But thats just my opinion. :censored:

That's nice. Good thought out post... :wallbash:

My tag is from one of the best prank phone call CD's ever: Tube Bar, The Bum Bar Bastards (which has been featured on the Howard Stern show, numerous times). http://bumbar.tripod.com/index.html

by the tone of your response, it seems you believe you were making some type of rebuttal. and yet, you continue to further my point. thanks.

jw

This topic is not that controversial, it's actually a non-topic.Pretty sure this franshise has made as many black millionares as any other. Now, if all we did was draft white players, then you are on to something. The OP is either a racist himself or an idiot. Maybe both. But thats just my opinion. :censored:

When the was last time a non-white Bills player received a contract extension in the likes that Schobel & Fitzptraick received?

I can't comprehend why Kelsay has gotten a free pass on this team for so long other than the front office loves him. And I mean Ralph, Overdorf, Littman, etc. who have been here over the years. No team should accept mediocrity like that.

And Peters was run out of town when he asked for money as a grossly underpaid pro bowl Left Tackle, but Schobel had 3 years left on his deal and was given a huge contract extension.

Freddy and Stevie are this team's best players, yet we chose to reward Fitzpatrick and Pears first this year. Freddy literally carries this team on his back for the beginning of the season, and we sit on our hands when he asks for a raise.

Call it racism, call it stupidity, call it whatever you want. As a fan, I don't like it one bit. On top of that, we've been a perpetually bad team and yet we're WAY under the salary cap. This front office has been disgraceful to its incredibly loyal fan base.

Calling it racism means you need a dictionary for Christmas. Or should I call it the holidays? Way too PC on this board.

When the was last time a non-white Bills player received a contract extension in the likes that Schobel & Fitzptraick received?

You mean the Fitzpatrick deal signed half way through the last year of his contract? Are you a black man? Do you run around calling people racist because of your failures? That doesn't make people racist. It makes you a tragedy.