Per Joe B's twitter, Easley will be cleared to play next year!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this really news? This is a guy who has never caught an NFL pass

Yes it is news.

The team invested a 4th round pick in this player.

He is thought to be a very talented player.

It was believed that his playing career could be over due to medical reasons.

Now he has a chance to play football and contribute to the team next season.

Not only is it news, it's good news.

Yes it is news.

The team invested a 4th round pick in this player.

He is thought to be a very talented player.

It was believed that his playing career could be over due to medical reasons.

Now he has a chance to play football and contribute to the team next season.

Not only is it news, it's good news.

I agree that this is good news. However, I'm tempering my enthusiasm at this point for one reason: he is essentially Brad Smith- he's about ten pounds heavier but the same speed. As a fourth round pick, is he better at route-running/catching the ball? If not, I don't see how he's an upgrade over what we have now. I think he's a great addition, but after looking at his size, he's just not as big as I thought...Any thoughts about this?

I agree that this is good news. However, I'm tempering my enthusiasm at this point for one reason: he is essentially Brad Smith- he's about ten pounds heavier but the same speed. As a fourth round pick, is he better at route-running/catching the ball? If not, I don't see how he's an upgrade over what we have now. I think he's a great addition, but after looking at his size, he's just not as big as I thought...Any thoughts about this?

I have zero idea what Easley brings.

My first point really is that he's considered a good athlete so we add him to the mix… one more player who can hopefully become a player.

My second point is that the 4th round pick we spent on him is not a wasted pick… at least not yet.

My third point is that I'm happy for Easley that his dream of playing in the NFL is still alive.

I don't really have any thoughts or expectations for Easley beyond these.

Marcus Easley looked to have great potential by all the talking up by Buffalo staff early on. I was a bit high on him myself and had expectations like a Marshall Burress gofast up and muscle it guy. The heart news was more about the man. and not the football potential. Glad he has another chance to become a Bill and wish him well. Kinda selfishly, I want him to succeed with Stevie. what combo that might be! Imagine a real solid #1 and #2 here. nice pairing.

Stay healthy kid!

Easley is a very lucky guy, he has lasted about as long in the NFL as a typical 4th rounder and has put no ubuse on his body at all as yet. Given he played football for one season or so only at Uconn, he is getting a nice chuck of change after college with zero sacrifice.

Kudos, they should all be so lucky!

As it turns out there is a lot beyond height weight and 40 when evaluating a WR. We just don't know about anything else with him yet. Odds are not great but if he could play a solid #3/4/5 role then we are lucky to get him back. We will see what he does.

Easley was timed doing the 40 yard dash in 4.46 sec. I think he is 6' 2". I don't know what is weight is recently, but might be about 220.

He looked really good in pre-season.

Here is some comparative analysis on him leading up to his draft.

"Compares To: MILES AUSTIN, Dallas Cowboys -- Easley was rawer than sushi entering the 2009 season, but like Austin he is blessed with exceptional athletic ability, making him a potential second day draft find. With his size and athletic ability, a patient coach could be greatly rewarded. You saw during the course of the 2009 season that he greatly improved his plant-and-drive agility to be crisper in and out of his cuts and he appeared much more comfortable extending for the ball. Few players in this draft have as intriguing array of athletic ability and talent that Easley possesses."

Marcus Easley draft profile from CBSSports.com

I'd like to see him in some regular season games to see how well he does. I think he may become a good starter.