Signing Merriman, Letting Spiller Run Wild...

They were trying to get a practice squad QB from Green Bay. I think they know that Thigpen is done after this season.

I thought Levi Brown looked better in preseason than Thigpen, but Gailey and Thigpen have history together from KC so Brown got the shaft. Gailey specifically brought Thigpen in to be the backup, so there was really nothing that Brown could have done to save his job. Of course, during the fourth quarter of a preseason game it is hard to judge how good somebody really is.

I don't think Dwan Edwards gets enough credit on this board. In my opinion, he's an average starting DE. We need two solid OLBs before another DE, in my opinion. Honestly, this team would be better off in a 4-3, but that probably won't happen. Either way, here's to hoping we get Upshaw, and that he ends up being the next Orakpo.

I second this opinion--they need 2 playmakers on the edges. I think Merriman added more to the D than most think.

Whenever he gets a chance at the ball with just kickoffs and punts he does nothing to try to show his worth. Like in the Replacements, winners want the ball. Spiller doesn't seem to care if he has the ball or not. Watch Chris Johnson take his time to pick a hole...watch Spiller just hurl his body in a gap.

Yea because Chris Johnson lit up the league this year. Spiller needs 25-30 touches per game this year. What I saw out of him against the Titans made me believe that this guy can be a star if only Gailey stopped abandoning the run in the second half.

If i was Buddy, I'd call in Gailey and tell him:

Chan, from here on out its garbage time football. Give our unprovens the time and chances to develop!!

I second this opinion--they need 2 playmakers on the edges. I think Merriman added more to the D than most think.

The thing that annoys me most about Kelsey (and I am not a Kelsey hater) is that he ALWAYS bites on the screen passes and gets caught chasing the play from behind. Merriman seems to know what to look out for and hold the edge to stop the screen from developing. Can't those things be coached?