If we did resign winfield

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
we wouldnt have troy vincent as our new starting free safety. And we wouldnt have discovered Terrance McGee as a good enough gem to start opposite of Nate Clemments. How about that?

Antoine aint doing so good too.

177616[/snapback]

Antoine Winfield didn't force turnovers in Buffalo like we have this year. He would have been an overpriced representation of the Williams era. Minnesota isn't exactly shutting down teams on offense!! :P

Winfield has three Interceptions a few forced fumbles.  Leads team in tackles on Defense and Special Teams.  He's also been out two games with a high ankle sprain. He's still a tackling machine! :P

177759[/snapback]

Yes he tackles people 10 yards down field

Winfield has three Interceptions a few forced fumbles.  Leads team in tackles on Defense and Special Teams.  He's also been out two games with a high ankle sprain. He's still a tackling machine! :P

177759[/snapback]

He's been their most consistant player on defense this season. Unfortunately for them, that's by a WIDE margin. He's certainly had some AW type moments (he's dropped at least 2 easy interceptions that I've seen, one of which would have been a TD). That said, he's hugely overpaid.

177759[/snapback]

If stats are the measure, it looks like McGee holds up quite well. McGee has 76 tackles, 3 interception and 2 sacks, and we all know what McGee can do as a special teams player.

we wouldnt have troy vincent as our new starting free safety. And we wouldnt have discovered Terrance McGee as a good enough gem to start opposite of Nate Clemments. How about that?

Antoine aint doing so good too.

177616[/snapback]

and we probably might not have been able to sign Schoebel...plus not

able to get either PW or JJ next year

McGee has also made some nice plays in run support, and continues to improve in pass coverage.

I agree with Jerry Gray, he's a major improvement over Antoine. :P

177817[/snapback]

I'm not saying I'm not happy with the outcome. All I'm saying is Winfield is a stud here in Minnesota and his tackles aren't 10 yds down the field.

Sorry if this has been brought up before, but when did he change his name? First Criqui calls him "Antonio Winfield" and then this week on Inside The NFL Cris Carter called him "Antonio Winfield." I rewound my DVR just to check, and sure enough he said "Antonio." :blush: I don't remember this happening when he was with the Bills. Of course, if it had, we'd have taken it as a sign of big-market disrespect to our Bills. :)