Free Agency

Its as simple as this: This organization is a joke. 12 straight years of not making the playoffs is utterly embarrassing. When we fired Dick Jauron, no good, big name coach wanted to come here because this organization is in such disarray. Its also blatently obvious that Nix and the front office are incompetent when it comes to the draft. This team needs to go after any and all big free-agents (especially defensive, for the love of god!) this offseason. This approach of trying to "fly under the radar" and get other teams scraps year after year is NOT WORKING! Also, I know that there is going to be this rational of "continuity" in regards to the coaching staff. I can understand it given certain circumstances. Those being things like: Good player development, schematically seeing your players grow into the system throughout the year, etc. But what Im about to say isn't mere speculation, or opinion, or fodder: GEORGE EDWARDS IS THE WORST DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR IN THE HISTORY OF THE NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE, THE AMERICAN FOOTBALL LEAGUE, THE UNITED FOOTBALL LEAGUE, THE ARENA FOOTBALL LEAGUE, THE CANADIAN FOOTBALL LEAGUE , POP-WARNER, HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL, JUNIOR-HIGH FOOTBALL, THE XFL, THE LINGERIE FOOTBALL LEAGUE, OR ANY OTHER FORM OF FOOTBALL IN THE WORLD. Also, CUT LEODIS McFAIR-CATCH! That is all, now I feel better....

Its as simple as this: This organization is a joke. 12 straight years of not making the playoffs is utterly embarrassing. When we fired Dick Jauron, no good, big name coach wanted to come here because this organization is in such disarray. Its also blatently obvious that Nix and the front office are incompetent when it comes to the draft. This team needs to go after any and all big free-agents (especially defensive, for the love of god!) this offseason. This approach of trying to "fly under the radar" and get other teams scraps year after year is NOT WORKING! Also, I know that there is going to be this rational of "continuity" in regards to the coaching staff. I can understand it given certain circumstances. Those being things like: Good player development, schematically seeing your players grow into the system throughout the year, etc. But what Im about to say isn't mere speculation, or opinion, or fodder: GEORGE EDWARDS IS THE WORST DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR IN THE HISTORY OF THE NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE, THE AMERICAN FOOTBALL LEAGUE, THE UNITED FOOTBALL LEAGUE, THE ARENA FOOTBALL LEAGUE, THE CANADIAN FOOTBALL LEAGUE , POP-WARNER, HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL, JUNIOR-HIGH FOOTBALL, THE XFL, THE LINGERIE FOOTBALL LEAGUE, OR ANY OTHER FORM OF FOOTBALL IN THE WORLD. Also, CUT LEODIS McFAIR-CATCH! That is all, now I feel better....

The Bills will not go after any big name FA's. They will not replace any coach with a name coach (unless it Wanny as we are already paying him).

They will not sign Stevie, or retain Freddie.

The Bills could care less to build a team that matters.

The Bills will not go after any big name FA's. They will not replace any coach with a name coach (unless it Wanny as we are already paying him).

Hard not to concur with the above.

I was glad to see all the empty seats. Sends a nice message.

We are fed up with losing!

You have a point here - Chan was here because, much like Al Davis, no other coach wanted to work for Ralph Wilson. He has a reputation of being a difficult owner to work/coach for who meddles into the day-to-day affairs. That reputation was always there but it got bad after Wade Phillip's experience in Buffalo and worse after Tom Donahoe's.

Aside from this since the Tom Donahoe experience, Ralph is hesitant to give control and a huge chunk of money to an outsider to run this team. Why do you think we've never had a Bill Parcells, Mike Holmgrem, or anyone else run this team? It's because they don't want to work for Ralph and also because Ralph won't surrender the money and control necessary. Ever since Donahoe, Ralph has only hired people already associated with this organization - Marv Levy and Buddy Nix (who was promoted from a scout position).

Ralph is a parasite on this team. He's running it as a business with the primary goal of making money year after year. Until that changes the Bills won't win. Simple as that. I'm not even talking about signing free agents. I'm talking about not spending the money that needs to be spen to have a winning organization from top to bottom.

I don't think RW really works that closely with team business anymore. I'm sure Gailey and Nix get calls here and there, but Jeff Littman is running this team and doing a great job. Financially that is, with 41M in profit during 2010 according to Forbes.

And if Littman has proven anything, lower revenues will equal less spent on players. The Bills never lose on the P&L statement because Littman is protecting himself and the family.

I don't think RW really works that closely with team business anymore. I'm sure Gailey and Nix get calls here and there, but Jeff Littman is running this team and doing a great job. Financially that is, with 41M in profit during 2010 according to Forbes.

And if Littman has proven anything, lower revenues will equal less spent on players. The Bills never lose on the P&L statement because Littman is protecting himself and the family.

Ralph can't take it with him, so whats the point of 41m profit, his heirs will make out like bandits. The one thing Ive always wondered if a guy Littman gets paid a bonus by how much they make in profit, creating a big incentive not to spend on a winner. I agree with you that Ralph isnt much involved, hell wasnt it a couple of years ago in camp he wasnt sure what the microphone was.

Unfortuniatly you are correct. Spend the money, they have a ton of it under the Cap.

You have a point here - Chan was here because, much like Al Davis, no other coach wanted to work for Ralph Wilson. He has a reputation of being a difficult owner to work/coach for who meddles into the day-to-day affairs. That reputation was always there but it got bad after Wade Phillip's experience in Buffalo and worse after Tom Donahoe's.

Aside from this since the Tom Donahoe experience, Ralph is hesitant to give control and a huge chunk of money to an outsider to run this team. Why do you think we've never had a Bill Parcells, Mike Holmgrem, or anyone else run this team? It's because they don't want to work for Ralph and also because Ralph won't surrender the money and control necessary. Ever since Donahoe, Ralph has only hired people already associated with this organization - Marv Levy and Buddy Nix (who was promoted from a scout position).

Parcells and Holmgren are great examples of why you don't give complete control away. Parcells was an average to above average talent evaluator and Holmgren was and is an awful GM. He was stripped of GM duties in Seattle.

What has happened is plain too see, the team can't get over the mental hurdle of what it takes to consistently win. Corey McIntrye's holding, Namaan's drop, Fitz's fumble, Spiller's fumble (yes this counts), Chandler's fumble, the defense not defending the edge against an outside running back, and to top it off Gailey giving Spiller 2 second half carries.