Marshawn

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BEAST MODE! Just shows how horrible the Bills organization is.

(Stolen from another thread)

Draft Willis when you have T. Henry

Draft Lynch when you have Willis

Draft Spiller when you have both Lynch and F.Jackson

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Or six straight great games...

The truth is he's carrying his (new) team (sort of like one might expect from a 1st round pick) and running behind a tattered, patchwork OL. Maybe this belongs in a thread about "Arm Tackle" Spiller, but who's plan did this happen under? There is a truth to the concept that a certain sort of running style is better suited to a personnel situation that requires a back to run over people and gain yards violently on his own. Then again, maybe this belongs in the "Bills have best OL in the NFL" thread. :ph34r:

I always loved, and still love, Beast Mode. It's too bad the PC pansies around here got so butt hurt that he smoked a joint in a car so we had to ship out that "thug".

It should be us throwing Skittles at him. His teammates loved him, we had a great one-two punch with him and Jackson but the it seems like our front office is run by some of the reh-tards that skirt around here.

It sucks to be a Bills fan.

The truth is he's carrying his (new) team (sort of like one might expect from a 1st round pick) and running behind a tattered, patchwork OL. Maybe this belongs in a thread about "Arm Tackle" Spiller, but who's plan did this happen under? There is a truth to the concept that a certain sort of running style is better suited to a personnel situation that requires a back to run over people and gain yards violently on his own. Then again, maybe this belongs in the "Bills have best OL in the NFL" thread. :ph34r:

The truth is that the Seahawks O-line is blocking very well, especially in the run game.

Their O-line Coach, Tom Cable did an excellent job coaching up the Raiders run game (I believe the Raiders led the league in rushing his final year) and he's doing another fine job in Seattle.

His players play up to the whistle and beyond occasionally and have a mauling mindset… which is a nice marriage with Marshawn's running style.

Carroll (ironically like his "buddy" Harbaugh) has had the wisdom to build his offense around the running game when 30 other NFL coaches are doing the opposite.

As far as the Bills, their O-line was playing very well until 3 significant injuries reduced their effectiveness.

For some reason, people want to forget that the thread which you reference about the Bills O-line was started in September before the injuries to Bell, Hairston, and Wood… as if any O-line in the NFL could sustain 3 significant injuries and not be negatively affected.

The truth is that the Seahawks O-line is blocking very well, especially in the run game.

Their O-line Coach, Tom Cable did an excellent job coaching up the Raiders run game (I believe the Raiders led the league in rushing his final year) and he's doing another fine job in Seattle.

His players play up to the whistle and beyond occasionally and have a mauling mindset… which is a nice marriage with Marshawn's running style.

Carroll (ironically like his "buddy" Harbaugh) has had the wisdom to build his offense around the running game when 30 other NFL coaches are doing the opposite.

As far as the Bills, their O-line was playing very well until 3 significant injuries reduced their effectiveness.

For some reason, people want to forget that the thread which you reference about the Bills O-line was started in September before the injuries to Bell, Hairston, and Wood… as if any O-line in the NFL could sustain 3 significant injuries and not be negatively affected.

:huh: Let's look at Seattle's OL.

Opening day: Okung, Carpenter, Unger, Moffitt, Giacomini

Yesterday: McQuistan, Gallery, Unger, Jeanpierre, Giacomini

So, the Seahawks line is fine and well-coached, but the Bills line is excusable because of 3 injuries. Come again?

Only in Buffalo would Demetrius Bell and Chris Hairston count as significant injuries to an offensive line. Meanwhile, the Patriots have started four guys at center this season.

It's practically criminal to enter the season with Hairston as your swing tackle and Bell starting given the latter's injury history. Or, not having a backup center. Or expecting your best guard to double as a OLT. The list goes on and on, and we're not even talking about Spencer Johnson having to play OLB when Merriman got hurt. Sense a trend here?

Only in Buffalo would Demetrius Bell and Chris Hairston count as significant injuries to an offensive line. Meanwhile, the Patriots have started four guys at center this season.

It's practically criminal to enter the season with Hairston as your swing tackle and Bell starting given the latter's injury history. Or, not having a backup center. Or expecting your best guard to double as a OLT. The list goes on and on, and we're not even talking about Spencer Johnson having to play OLB when Merriman got hurt. Sense a trend here?

Yea, I sense a trend. A lot of babies on board who need a life. QUIT CRYING! We know, we know already!!! So whenever an ex player does well we're going to B word. Get a life people. I heard Mario Hagan recovered a fubmle for a TD somewhere! Oh no, what a mistake that he's not here anymore. Nate Clemments made a tackle last week! Oh no, what a mistake he's not here anymore. I saw Takeo make a tackle against us too, oh no!!! You all wanted Maybin gone(Ok 95%) and now the front office made a mistake!QUIT CRYING!

:cry:

He sucks, need 19 from him in fantasy, only got 17. One and done, thanks M. Lynch

Needed 20 from him :/

On topic, Lynch was never a bad player or a bust like CJ, he was a pro bowler in his first year and topped 1,000 yards his first two years. Why did we hate him? Oh yeah cause he smoked weed and occasionally hits people with his car. He was a good football player and we didn't need to chase him out of town, I'd take him in every situation over Spiller.

Yea, I sense a trend. A lot of babies on board who need a life. QUIT CRYING! We know, we know already!!! So whenever an ex player does well we're going to B word. Get a life people. I heard Mario Hagan recovered a fubmle for a TD somewhere! Oh no, what a mistake that he's not here anymore. Nate Clemments made a tackle last week! Oh no, what a mistake he's not here anymore. I saw Takeo make a tackle against us too, oh no!!! You all wanted Maybin gone(Ok 95%) and now the front office made a mistake!QUIT CRYING!

:cry:

Yeahhh, posts like this would be fine if our front office was capable, but they aren't. They make mistake after mistake and Marshawn having another 1,000 yard season while we have to watch arm tackle Spiller is frustrating as hell.

Edited by opfball91

:huh: Let's look at Seattle's OL.

Opening day: Okung, Carpenter, Unger, Moffitt, Giacomini

Yesterday: McQuistan, Gallery, Unger, Jeanpierre, Giacomini

So, the Seahawks line is fine and well-coached, but the Bills line is excusable because of 3 injuries. Come again?

The same recurring theme is playing out in a lot of these threads… which is how much of the team's (non) performance is coaching and how much is talent/injuries?

It is a fact that before the injuries, the Bills led the NFL in rushing and in fewest sacks allowed.

It's also a fact that Tom Cable has developed some excellent rushing attacks.

One possible conclusion is that the Seahawks have better coaching. Another possible conclusion is that the Seahawks have better talent.

I guess anyone can take their pick. Personally I believe that like the Seahawks, the Niners, and the Broncos, that the Bills should be emphasizing the run to minimize the problems in the passing game. As I've said elsewhere, the Bills are throwing the ball too much and I think it's accentuated the problems on offense with injuries to receivers and O-linemen.

I'm the guy who argued strongly that we should have made an earnest attempt to keep Jason Peters. I criticized the Bills for switching Langston Walker to left tackle and then cutting him. You'll get no argument from me that the team was thin at tackle entering the season.

On the other hand, the tackle talent now is better than it was last year with Mansfield Wrotto and Cordaro Howard.

Is the O-line better than last year? I believe so.

Is it good enough or deep enough? No. The Bills need more depth to withstand injuries.

It's strikes to the plan.

On a broader point than individual players though, an NFL front office ought to know that there is a significant chance that their opening day OL will suffer at least one injury over the season and backup lineman will see significant playing time. This team went into the season with a plan for that eventuality of Chad Reinhart, a 4th round rookie, and this year's version of Ed Wang in Brown, Colin.

And the OLB situation is just as bad. The plan beyond Merriman was what? To use a 3-technique DT left over from the Tampa-2 defense to set the edge? Seriously? While we can marvel at their dedication to "finding the beef", we can certainly question their wisdom with such strategic and tactical missteps.

Speaking of OLB: an argument could be made that the discussion of the problems of the lack of pass rush and having poor CB play are discounting how susceptible to the off-tackle run this defense is.

It is a fact that before the injuries, the Bills led the NFL in rushing and in fewest sacks allowed.

While I do appreciate that they had a running game going, I also think that the fewest sacks allowed argument is one of the most overblown and worthless stats that gets repeated ad nauseum here. The more interesting fact is that Fitzpatrick was getting the ball out so quickly at the beginning of the season, it was physically impossible for a defender to get to him unless he had been propelled by a rocket. I can still recall seeing, for example, Bell getting rolled back into the pocket effortlessly but the ball already being gone. I'm not going to applaud the line there because Fitz wasn't sacked.

Marshawn Lynch Never "NEVER" played like that for the Bills, He was a bust, I wanted him to do good but he put in no effort & now he playing great in Seattle because he playing for a new contract, wait when Seattle pays him he will go back to his lazy self

Marshawn Lynch Never "NEVER" played like that for the Bills, He was a bust, I wanted him to do good but he put in no effort & now he playing great in Seattle because he playing for a new contract, wait when Seattle pays him he will go back to his lazy self

This is 100% false. Well done.