LAMP-"Hun, I just like a bad team"

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been a Bills fan all my life.

I've also been a Red Sox fan all my life - lived there and had season tix for Fenway from '84-'90 - attended the '86 World Series (Bill Buckner).

So I guess what I'm saying is, "Never give up hope" - it's what makes us true fans. And some day, we'll win that Superbowl..it's gonna happen.

If not this season, next season...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

14 and 6 baby!!!!! B-)

"I expect to win." - Chan Gailey

youtube.com/watch?v=HmEe7vHpKCg

this cracked me up!

We were Fergie ander OJ in the streets when I was a kid. What keeps me going? The draft and to a much lesser extent free agency. So basically by the last quarter of the season through April I have hope for future until the actual picks are made and F/As signed, then its mostly downhill from there. Throw in bonus hope for new coach every 3 years. Though I am amazed at the job Chan has done with an offense of Ryan Fitzpatrick, and bunch of F/As at WR and on the line.

8 year olds had no difficulty immitating Fergy.

I read his post about "hun, I just like a bad team" and thought there was a Lady Gaga song about this.

MImimimimimimimi (warming up the 'ol throat). Apologies to Lady Gaga and her "Bad Romance"

Oh, fan of a bad bad team

Rah, rah, rah rah rah

Dalton killed us wah!

Defense, bah bah bah

Fan of a bad team

Don't mind you ugly, just fillet the Phins

I don't mind anything as long as you win

I want your wins

Wins wins wins I want your wins

I don't want drama when you catch a pass

Don't want to see Fitzbeard on his ass

I want your wins

Wins wins wins we want your wins

You know that we want wins

You know that we need wins

Fan of a bad, bad, bad team

I want you winning, 12 years is too long

To be a fan without a playoff scene

I want you winning, instead you get beat

even when you play a decent game

Rah, rah, rah rah rah

Romo killed us wah!

Pass rush, where ya now?

Fan of a bad team

I want some meanness, kick butt on the line

We don't want criminals but takedowns are fine

I want your wins

Wins wins wins we want more wins

Let's see some "Psycho", some tackles that stick

Want some good pressure and a pass rush that's sick

I want your wins

Wins wins wins we want your wins

Wins wins wins we want more wins

You know that we want wins

We're fans and we need wins

Fan of a long, long, bad team

To be a fan without a playoff team

Rah, rah, rah rah rah

Matt Moore killed us wah!

Defence, threw the towel

Fan of a bad team

Spiller, break one baby

Work it move those chains like crazy

Spiller, break one baby

Work it move those chains like crazy

To be a fan of such a bad, bad team

All we want is more wins

All we want is more wins

Hopeful is an excellent writer of prose but I didn't know about the artistic side.

Song lyrics? I might just have to look up that Lady Gaga song.

It's funny that I love coming here to read some of our great posters and then I go read an online newspaper and often end up just wanting to leave critical comments.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Easy for you to say.

Fergy had a great arm.

Most people don't.

You did (or still do… it's been many years).

thanks SJB.

But I was referring to the hang dog expressions and yelling at/calling out teammates

in front of everyone.Always made me uncomfortable.-Probbly did the same for you.I thought

it was childish/immature behavior on Fergys part.

Fergy had wonderful accuracy though didnt he??--along with a good strong arm.

After 21 years of fanhood, that's pretty much my answer.

"Hun, I just like a bad team"

"Girls, I just like a bad team"

"Bill (my dog), I just like a bad team" ruff ruff

My little girls do their cheering every week, but even that doesnt work.

I have been advised by fair weathered fans to pick another team....That will never work. After 21 years???? So at the end of the day, all I can say is, "I just like a bad team"

Dammit!!!!!! I really dont think this will ever change either.

for all the old timers, what has helped you remain a fan?

ps This is not negative nancy, im normally positive peter. this post is coming from realistic rick.

As a 30+ year fan like yourself, I can feel your pain and frustration Rick. The one thing I've always told myself through all the ups and downs of so many seasons is this..

1) Do I like the players? Their character, their work ethic, their passion and effort? The answer for the most part save for a few idiots ie: Rob Johnson, Travis Henry et al. is Yes!

2) Would I enjoy cheering for another team? Maybe, but I truly don't think so. I can unequivically say that a SB Championship would not and could not mean more to another teams fans and city than it would to Buffalo!

3) Sometimes it gets hard and tries your patience to be a Bills fan, but let me tell you a story that happened to me a few years ago...

I was a Bar manager and I was working a slow Monday night shift and the Bills were playing the Dolphins in Miami on MNF. This customer that was kind of a regular, noticed my attention being on the TV instead of his almost empty glass of draft beer. He could clearly see by my reaction to the game that I was a Bills fan but he still asks the question,

" You a Bills fan?" I respond that I am.

Then he says, " Yeah, I used to be a Buffalo Bills fan but I'm not anymore!"

I looked at him almost sympathetically and very clearly stated " No, you never were."

As I write this I'm 43 years old, I figure with a little luck.. I'll live to see maybe 75?

Is it too menial or shallow to hope that before I die I'll see the Bills win one? If so, I guess that makes me shallow. Oh well, I've been called worse.. Go Bills!

Ive been a fan since OJ and JD Hill Days.

I just like to see them win one for Ralph, more importantly for the City of Buffalo just once.

Time is running out. Glad they still in Buffalo. But for how long??

Even thought they loss more than not I still watch. It Better to have a team than no team at all.

As I write this I'm 43 years old, I figure with a little luck.. I'll live to see maybe 75?

Is it too menial or shallow to hope that before I die I'll see the Bills win one? If so, I guess that makes me shallow. Oh well, I've been called worse.. Go Bills!

As I've stated here several times, when I die, I'll be buried (or cremated) with some sort of Bills memorabilia alongside me.

I too am shallow.

Hopeful is an excellent writer of prose but I didn't know about the artistic side.

Song lyrics? I might just have to look up that Lady Gaga song.

It's funny that I love coming here to read some of our great posters and then I go read an online newspaper and often end up just wanting to leave critical comments.

Thanks, Fluffhead and SJBF for the kind word! I wish I had time to cut a video of it for y'alls entertainment. I know just what film clips of plays I'd put where

The Lady Gaga version is kind of blase' though the end of the video is funny.

To really appreciate the potential of the song, listen to Gaga's version first then check out this Science-focused parody:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl4L4M8m4d0

PS you may have to recognize the materials the costumes are made from in order to laugh hard enough to fall off your chair

Edited by Hopeful