Moving WR up on DraftTek Positional Needs

Astrobot

After a pass rusher, I think WR is the Bills' number 2 draft priority. I've made that change on our Positional Needs, which means that tackle, wide receiver, and cornerback are all tied for 2nd-highest priority to a pass-rushing OLB34, which remains our P1 priority.

The computer takes the BPA from the P2's available in the 2nd round, then checks P2's in RD3 that haven't been filled.

We can't say that we have a #1 WR right now. Our depth is lacking; I'm almost thinking we should take more than one WR. Not seeing Donald Martin, Ruvell Jones, Marcus Easley, or Kamar Aiken as even making an NFL team.

Talk me off the ledge on this one if you want.

Astro

Bills Analyst, www.DraftTek.com

It depends who is there, but I do not know if the top tier WR's who are #1's will be available that late in the draft. If we pick top 15 one will be there.

DL is something we can get in FA a lot easier then a WR. How many WR's in this league are truly number one's that you would trade away a 1st rounder for?

I suggest we take Josh Chapman, Alabama's Nose Tackle and Dareus's sidekick, or WR Michael Floyd in RD#1, and follow up with Vinny Curry, Marshall's OLB34, in RD#2. If we haven't taken a WR by RD#3, take AJ Jenkins from Illinois.

After a pass rusher, I think WR is the Bills' number 2 draft priority. I've made that change on our Positional Needs, which means that tackle, wide receiver, and cornerback are all tied for 2nd-highest priority to a pass-rushing OLB34, which remains our P1 priority.

The computer takes the BPA from the P2's available in the 2nd round, then checks P2's in RD3 that haven't been filled.

We can't say that we have a #1 WR right now. Our depth is lacking; I'm almost thinking we should take more than one WR. Not seeing Donald Martin, Ruvell Jones, Marcus Easley, or Kamar Aiken as even making an NFL team.

Astro

Donald Martin and Ruvell Jones?

I can't talk you down off that ledge. Easley may have potential, but the guy has now been out of the game for 2 years with injuries. He's got a long road back, maybe too long for anyone to be walking.

Even when not injured, I have to agree with you on Stone Hands Jones and Stone Hands Martin. Even if Kamar Aiken comes through the rest of the year, I don't see him as enough.

We badly need a high-quality target for Fitz. Preferably one who spends more time making clutch catches than he spends planning stupid end-zone celebrations.

Astro

i understand what you are saying, but it is a deep reciever draft. I think they are going to have to take to olb's in the first three rounds. Watching johnson today was painful

i understand what you are saying, but it is a deep reciever draft. I think they are going to have to take to olb's in the first three rounds. Watching johnson today was painful

I totally agree. I have the Bills taking one in the 1st and one in the fourth

RD1=OLB-Premier Pass Rusher(Courtney Upshaw/Whitney Mercilus/)

RD2=CB-Starter(Minnifield),#2WR(Jeff Fuller/Nick Toon),OLB(Irvin,Paige-Moss)

RD3=QB-Mobile and Accurate(T Wilson, K Moore, R Griffin)

RD4=WR(A.J.Jenkins/Kendall Wright/Marvin McNutt)

RD4=OLB Donte Paige-Moss

RD5=DE (Izaan Cross)

RD6=OT depth (Markus Zucevics,Oglesby)

RD7=TE(George Bryan),#3RB(Bobby Rainey,Edwin Baker)

I totally agree. I have the Bills taking one in the 1st and one in the fourth

RD1=OLB-Premier Pass Rusher(Courtney Upshaw/Whitney Mercilus/)

RD2=CB-Starter(Minnifield),#2WR(Jeff Fuller/Nick Toon),OLB(Irvin,Paige-Moss)

RD3=QB-Mobile and Accurate(T Wilson, K Moore, R Griffin)

RD4=WR(A.J.Jenkins/Kendall Wright/Marvin McNutt)

RD4=OLB Donte Paige-Moss

RD5=DE (Izaan Cross)

RD6=OT depth (Markus Zucevics,Oglesby)

RD7=TE(George Bryan),#3RB(Bobby Rainey,Edwin Baker)

I do not understand the QB mark. We do need a backup but cannot imagine a rookie coming in and doing better then Thigpen (gulp) or Smith. why use that pick on a QB who will just be a roster space we can fill a veteran from around the league for a discount?

I woiuld love to find a steal of a TE a little higher and make it so that Gailey has to use him, however, like some of the other posters pointed out - Gailey does not seem to draw on particular strengths of players and instead must have a well-rounded player who has varying weaknesses across the board. I think with some good assistant coaches we can develop this in to change and utilizing guys like Spiller; we did miss the bus on Maybin - like it or not.

for me, the following needs and order thereof are clear to me:

1. LB or DE : I don't give a flying crap which one we get, but he'll have to generate pass rush (more likely OLB).

2. WR or TE: Look at NE and tell me that we couldn't use another great pass catching TE to help out fitzy. Yes, our defense sucks, but this is a pass-happy league, and we need to keep adding to this offense.

3. CB: Yes, another DB.

4. Center

5. Tackle

6. RB

7. LB