Moving forward!!

So our Bills have come back down to earth and have a few losses. We all knew that this is very possible and likely. Even with all of the negative things that we can focus on there is some glimmer of hope for our struggling defense...

1. Aaron Williams is healthy now and will probably end up taking mcgee's spot next season. I think this kid has a lot of potential and will be a really good football player for us.

2. Kelvin sheppard at LB is a work in progress. I believe he will be an above average LB if we can get the right coaching staff to teach him how to play the position.

3. Jarius byrd is a Pretty good safety!! along with wilson and searcy we are not that far away from a pretty good secondary. Another CB in the 2nd or 3rd rnd next draft we could be on our way.

4. With a healthy kyle williams and dareus in the middle, things will probably be more like the first 3 games as opposed to the last 3 games of the season for next year. I do believe that a switch to 4-3 is necessary for this D to be successful.

5. THE BILLS NEED TO STOP DRAFTING PLAYERS OUT OF THEIR POSITION. We need to draft a LB to play Lb. And a Cb to play Cb. We are notorious for drafting players and making them play a position they played in high school.

I am on the edwards has to go train, but do it at the end of the season not in the middle. We have already lost so many players it's not going to do us any good to get rid of our d coordinator in the middle of the season. Go Bills!! hope we can play some good football the rest of the season.

At Least we beat the Pats. That was the biggest win for us in the last 17 years. When I am feeling down in the off season about the Bills I can just rewatch that game. Thanks for the memory!

To me personally getting that monkey off our back was more important than making it to the playoffs and losing in the first round. (assuming we lost of course). My question to you guys is what would you choose in the beginning of the season if I told you we could either beat the patriots or go to the playoffs and lose in the first round?

*answers shouldn't be "both" or "why do you assume we would lose"...those are not the premise of this question so save yourself the trouble.

I totally disagree about firing Edwards mid-season.

We need someone NOW. 1) to assess what we have on the roster, to prepare for the draft. 2) to light a fire under some asses. 3) its so very clear that edwards is in over his head, so why wait????

Fire him now. Go after Mangenius, or anybody who actually knows how to run a 3-4. Even if its a college coach. It cannot get worse. Maybe you elevate Wanny. I dont care, but do something.

So our Bills have come back down to earth and have a few losses. We all knew that this is very possible and likely. Even with all of the negative things that we can focus on there is some glimmer of hope for our struggling defense...

5. THE BILLS NEED TO STOP DRAFTING PLAYERS OUT OF THEIR POSITION. We need to draft a LB to play Lb. And a Cb to play Cb. We are notorious for drafting players and making them play a position they played in high school.

I would agree with, and add this other dimension to your perspective about the draft:

Draft players from big-time, winning programs. No more players from Richmond, James Madison, Bethany, South Dakota State, Troy, etc. Not that any draftee is a guaranteed success, but the likelihood of a player from Alabama, LSU, Texas, SoCal, Michigan, Florida, etc., being successful is higher than small college crap-shoot picks that we seen to be so enamored with.

Yes, there will always be exceptions, but overall, and in the longterm success to failure ratio, I believe this is a change in draft philosophy that has to happen, and happen now!

Draft players from big-time, winning programs. No more players from Richmond, James Madison, Bethany, South Dakota State, Troy, etc. Not that any draftee is a guaranteed success, but the likelihood of a player from Alabama, LSU, Texas, SoCal, Michigan, Florida, etc., being successful is higher than small college crap-shoot picks that we seen to be so enamored with.

Yes, there will always be exceptions, but overall, and in the longterm success to failure ratio, I believe this is a change in draft philosophy that has to happen, and happen now!

No, no, no, no.

No.

Way too many exceptions to this rule for any consideration to be given.

I would agree with, and add this other dimension to your perspective about the draft:

I agree. There are very few exceptions to this rule. If you follow this rule, more likely than not you will end up with good players.