No Fair League on celebrations

benderbender

Why is it that you can't do the Captain Morgan stance after a touchdown link, but Aaron Rodgers does the State Farm discount double check and no one has a problem with it?

How many times does this have to be explained? If you are great you get away with more than someone who is not as great. He is quickly becoming the face of the NFL as he should be.

I am pretty sure Aaron was doing the "Championship Belt" before State Farm paid him a gazillion $ to do it in their commercials, which is pretty smart on State Farm's part because the NFL can't get mad at Rodgers for doing something that he's done over and over again without getting fined.

im pretty sure he knows that, he is just making a joke.

The NFL is a family league and thus celebrations of alcohol icons are not tolerated on the field.

State Farm is a good, wholesome brand. Not to mention an NFL sponsor.

But commercials with beer and beer sponsers are more family friendly?

The NFL is a family league and thus celebrations of alcohol icons are not tolerated on the field.

Why was Fitz not fined for his Miller Lite "unmanly" celebration scream? He was on the field.

I was under the impression that many posters here are big fans of Goodell's No Fun League, considering all the hate David Nelson got here after his celebration last week.

had Nelson done that if we were up 21-7, or even if we were tied in the game it would have a cool gesture/good celebration (and even then, loses its appeal after he has to run the length of the field to do so) - but doing it while being DOMINATED by the cowboys after being DOMINATED by the Jets made it stupid...like really...were gettin our asses kicked and all you wanna do is go give a football to your girlfriend?

That's not "all he wanted to do", that's just ridiculous to me. And being down 14 in the first half is not being dominated. Maybe you forgot already Buffalo has come back from bigger deficits, later in the game, multiple times this year already.

How often does Buffalo play Dallas in Dallas? Once every 8 years? Nelson was right - it was a unique situation and he did it for him and his girlfriend.

I guess some are just too square to get it.

Edited by Zulu Cthulhu

Its not that they are square, just married too long and not in the dating/honeymoon stage where they are trying to impress.

No, it is.

You think he was attempting to impress her? To what end? He is a professional football player already, hug or no hug. I'd say she was already pretty impressed before last sunday.

I get it though - it's easier to hate and take yourself way too seriously than simply laugh off a cute, harmless little gesture.

If you want to rail against supposed bush league behavior in football, there are far more egregious examples happening every week.

Guys in that stage of a relationship are always trying to impress their girlfriend, weither she is already impressed with him or not, and weither it works or not. it was cute and romantic in the eyes of woman that this tough athlete ran over to her and gave her the ball he just scored a TD with.

You're right - i can't argue with that. That said, I still take umbrage with people claiming that his celebration was somehow in bad taste. I get it, everyone was upset after Buffalo got beat down and wanted to rail about something, anything that went down in that game. But to whine about Nelson's gesture is crazy to me. There wasn't a hint of showboating in that celebration, and like I said, they probably will never get the opportunity again. The only unfortunate thing about it was the camera following him down the sideline, and that was the network's call, not his.

But commercials with beer and beer sponsers are more family friendly?

Correct. Plus Captain Morgan isn't a sponsor.

Why was Fitz not fined for his Miller Lite "unmanly" celebration scream? He was on the field.

Who? You mean that Fitzgerald guy in Buffalo? No one watches them anyway.

ding ding ding ding we have a winner

Edited by Carey Bender

Win as if you have been there before. If I was commisioner anything but handing the ball to the ref would be a fine. I'm so sick of these guys doing whatever they can to draw attention to themselves in a team sport. What's worse is that fans and the media draw more attention to it. What a joke.

Win as if you have been there before. If I was commisioner anything but handing the ball to the ref would be a fine. I'm so sick of these guys doing whatever they can to draw attention to themselves in a team sport. What's worse is that fans and the media draw more attention to it. What a joke.

You must be an absolute joy to hang out with, do you scream at the kids to get off your lawn as well?

You must be an absolute joy to hang out with, do you scream at the kids to get off your lawn as well?

Something must be done about all that smiling too.

Football is not supposed to be fun. Run the ball. Pass the ball. Score touchdowns. Walk silently, stoically, back to the sideline.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7X2_V60YK8

I think we're all very happy that this is not the case.