The Official "I Still BILLIEVE THREAD"

EldaBillsFan

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are one game behind Baltimore and one behind the Bengals for the wild card, Tied with the Titans, and with everybody else with 5 losses already. None of our schedule is easy, but there are no impossible games on our schedule either. We still control our own destiny in the division, but I don't expect that is very likely and I think New England finishes strong.

The Ravens have two games against the Bengals, one against the 49ers, and one in San Diego, so that is not a very favorable schedule, but they also have two gimmes against the Browns and one against the Colts. Still with how bad their offense has been, they have some more losses coming. I don't see them going 3-4 and finishing 9-7, so we would be shooting for a 10-6 tie breaker with them most likely.

The Bengals have the tie breaker, so we would root for them to finish 9-7 which means a 3-4 finish. With two games against the Ravens, one in Pittsburgh, and one against the Texans, that seems like it could happen with a young team playing above expectations.

The Titans are tied with us and have a relatively normal schedule. If we beat them they won't finish ahead of us. If we lose to them we won't get to 10-6, so I don't see them as a threat.

Denver is behind us and not likely to go 5-1 with New England, Chicago, and San Diego on their schedule, so while they are fun to watch, I don't think they make it to 10-6 (but it could happen).

The Jets have a pretty easy schedule, and like the Titans it will be a must win for us, and if they beat us we will have a hard time getting to 10-6 and they will have a shot. If we beat them they could still win out and finish 10-6, and it could be a tie breaker, but having to go 5-1 is a tall order in the NFL for a team that is 5-5 with Mark Sanchez.

If the Chargers get to 10-6 it will mean the west and Oakland doesn't, so they aren't going to get a wild card.

KC has New England, Pitt, and the Packers, so no way they can go 6-1 to finish at 10-6.

So realistically the Bengals have a shot, the Ravens look likely, and I don't see anybody else likely to get to 10-6. If the Bills can find a way to stay on track for 10-6, I think they have a very good shot of making the playoffs. 9-7 is pretty unlikely but possible. I don't think we are a 10-6 team, and I don't think it is likely, but with two games against the Dolphins, home against the decent Broncos and Titans, and a potential rest week game for bye-bound Patriots, I think could be in good shape if we can beat the Dolphins and Jets. If we can't beat the Dolphins this week we have no shot, that is clear, but if we do, I think our season turns on the Jets game. I don't like our chances too much after our last matchup, and with them having a long week, but if we do get to 7-4 I like our playoff chances, and i think it is fairly likely we go in to NY in 10 days with a chance to make that happen.

So right now we should probably just try to beat the Fish, and make our playoff chances look pretty decent with six weeks to go (with Ravens/Bengals facing off this weekend). If we play like the last two weeks that won't happen, but I Billieve we will rebound on Sunday with a good game and a W.

Go Bills!

I BILLieve all day! They've had two bad games. SO what? They had 7 great games before. 2 games dont define them and I think we all have the same feeling that the Bills are going to get a win this week and then string a couple together after! I always BILLieve, but this time its realistic to.

We are one game behind Baltimore and one behind the Bengals for the wild card, Tied with the Titans, and with everybody else with 5 losses already. None of our schedule is easy, but there are no impossible games on our schedule either. We still control our own destiny in the division, but I don't expect that is very likely and I think New England finishes strong.

The Ravens have two games against the Bengals, one against the 49ers, and one in San Diego, so that is not a very favorable schedule, but they also have two gimmes against the Browns and one against the Colts. Still with how bad their offense has been, they have some more losses coming. I don't see them going 3-4 and finishing 9-7, so we would be shooting for a 10-6 tie breaker with them most likely.

The Bengals have the tie breaker, so we would root for them to finish 9-7 which means a 3-4 finish. With two games against the Ravens, one in Pittsburgh, and one against the Texans, that seems like it could happen with a young team playing above expectations.

The Titans are tied with us and have a relatively normal schedule. If we beat them they won't finish ahead of us. If we lose to them we won't get to 10-6, so I don't see them as a threat.

Denver is behind us and not likely to go 5-1 with New England, Chicago, and San Diego on their schedule, so while they are fun to watch, I don't think they make it to 10-6 (but it could happen).

The Jets have a pretty easy schedule, and like the Titans it will be a must win for us, and if they beat us we will have a hard time getting to 10-6 and they will have a shot. If we beat them they could still win out and finish 10-6, and it could be a tie breaker, but having to go 5-1 is a tall order in the NFL for a team that is 5-5 with Mark Sanchez.

If the Chargers get to 10-6 it will mean the west and Oakland doesn't, so they aren't going to get a wild card.

KC has New England, Pitt, and the Packers, so no way they can go 6-1 to finish at 10-6.

So realistically the Bengals have a shot, the Ravens look likely, and I don't see anybody else likely to get to 10-6. If the Bills can find a way to stay on track for 10-6, I think they have a very good shot of making the playoffs. 9-7 is pretty unlikely but possible. I don't think we are a 10-6 team, and I don't think it is likely, but with two games against the Dolphins, home against the decent Broncos and Titans, and a potential rest week game for bye-bound Patriots, I think could be in good shape if we can beat the Dolphins and Jets. If we can't beat the Dolphins this week we have no shot, that is clear, but if we do, I think our season turns on the Jets game. I don't like our chances too much after our last matchup, and with them having a long week, but if we do get to 7-4 I like our playoff chances, and i think it is fairly likely we go in to NY in 10 days with a chance to make that happen.

So right now we should probably just try to beat the Fish, and make our playoff chances look pretty decent with six weeks to go (with Ravens/Bengals facing off this weekend). If we play like the last two weeks that won't happen, but I Billieve we will rebound on Sunday with a good game and a W.

Go Bills!

I agree....we have to take care of the fish....

Go Bills!

I agree.

9-7 isn't going to cut it. We need to finish at least 10-6.

That means finishing 5-2 against: Miami, Jets, Tennessee, San Diego, Miami, Denver and New England

I wasn't happy we loss to the jets....but if I was to create an excuse...... they did have two weeks to plan against us.... dallas was truely the worse effort by the players and coaches ever put forth.....

I want to see that confidence back.....that fire ...attitude... against the fish...we have to look at every game like a playoff game and Nick Barrnet has to lead that charge

A bit angered maybe about the Jets getting to play us after essentially another bye week (thurs night game). This team controls their own destiny right now, I think more than any other team in the league. If some of our guys step up, we've got this.

I'm with The Senator. 15-4! GO BILLS!!!!!!!

I don't care how we've looked the past two weeks, this team is still the team that scores 30 a game in my book with the best RB in the NFL. We're not out, go look at the standings there's a lot of good teams sitting at 5-4. Lets win 2 in a row and take that wild card spot from the !@#$ing Jets.

Let's see what they show this week. If they perform anything like they did the past two weeks, any chance of a playoff birth is over. Losing those two very winnable games at Cincinnati and New York are killing them now. You just can't afford to lose games that are winnable. Now they have to win almost every game to make the playoffs and the way they have been playing, I just don't see it. We'll see which team shows up on Sunday and take it from there. And they still have to prove they can beat the Jets if they have any hope of making the playoffs. The team is better this year for sure, but I'm not convinced that they are over the hump yet.

Losing Williams was the worst possible thing that could have happened. But I believe.

Losing Freddy or Fitz would be worse.

Imagine if you will, the Bills offense run by Thigpen and/or Smith with Spiller as the featured back.

That my friend is an offense that would be competing with the Colts in the Luck sweepstakes.