Charley Casserly, CBS Sports on the Bills

Hsp08

So they figured out what we were doing. We'll just do something different that starts out looking like what we were doing. I think that Coach Gailey can figure this out. This team can only do one thing? I don't buy it.

Like someone suggested, maybe some roll outs. Send everyone long and then run a QB draw. Set up some designed runs for Fitz. Run the ball. Maybe a half back pass, Fred can throw. Maybe a double reverse to Spiller or Smith. The old direct snap to Fred or Spiller. Run the Wild Bill but change it up so sometime Smith hands off or gives it to the guy coming around. There's alot we can do besides what everyone thinks we're going to do.

As far as the kelly era teams, they were the kind of team that said, "this is what we're going to do, try to stop it" and (almost) no one could because they were so good. This team is not like that yet.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the problem. Bell out, Kyle Williams out, Hairston out, Wood out, season done. Dareus is one piece of the future pressure on the QB, but so was Kyle Williams. That's a draft priority and a FA priority. A large press-beating WR is also a draft and FA priority. Shep needs experience, Batten needs experience, Carrington needs experience. You also need depth everywhere except RB and possibly FS. Yes, you need a QB to groom, and a OLB that's fast and mean, and so on. How do you prioritize these needs?

BPA. I would be perfectly happy seeing the Bills draft WR, LB, OL. Even CB, although I understand a lot of people would be upset. Between WR and LB I don't think I would rank one higher than the other - they're both huge needs as we're seeing now.

Brady is a top 5 qb of all time. Should possibly be inducted into the hof while he is still playing. Comparing fitzgerald to him is Plain stupid. Brady does things and makes reads that ally of dc's can't see and he does it in about 3 seconds.

We are seeing a few things here. We have some pieces in place but not even half but we are getting there. Our lack of depth at even serviceable positions is pathetic. I think the fact that we went 8 weeks with our current weaknesses is actually a testament to our coaching staff. Intact taking this team to 8-8 is a huge improvement a winning record would be icing

I have also thought most of this year that Steve Johnson is not worth nearly the money he is asking. You lock Fred up for the remainder of his career and you offer sj13 an average no 1 reciever contract and get his twitter authenticated because that is what he deserves. Wr is still a position of need. If an an green slips to around 15 you jump. Of a first round prospect falls to the second you get it. Other than that you got to find some help at pb it needs help and depth. I actually think we only need 1 more corner. Regardless of draft choice I think we would be significantly better here with 2 more lbs

Good points! I used Brady as an example of managing a game and/or QB smarts...wasn't comparing Fitz to Brady.

After I read your post, I found out...if you throw away the first 3 games stats, Fitz in the past 6 games is borderline average--unlike Brady

This is the problem. Bell out, Kyle Williams out, Hairston out, Wood out, season done. Dareus is one piece of the future pressure on the QB, but so was Kyle Williams. That's a draft priority and a FA priority. A large press-beating WR is also a draft and FA priority. Shep needs experience, Batten needs experience, Carrington needs experience. You also need depth everywhere except RB and possibly FS. Yes, you need a QB to groom, and a OLB that's fast and mean, and so on. How do you prioritize these needs?

astro, I think we are going to be picking a little better than 24th...

I agree. The team has improved but there is not a lot depth. The better teams build up their depth over years; we were just trying to improve from 4-12 in the off-season.

The competition has a lot to do with as well. The Jets have a good D that was built to stop the spread. Demarcus Ware is a big problem to a team

with injuries on the O line and not a lot of depth.

It's too early to give up on the season. There is a lot that can happen in 7 weeks of football. 5-4 isn't the ideal situation to be in but it's certainly not hopeless. (If we win out, we win the division on the tie breaker over New England.)