fred jackson 31 carries in the last two game

EldaBillsFan

I agree. Dallas was vulnerable against the run. I think the first series, which was a nightmare, should have involved the running game. Time and time again we were one dimensional. The defense was unbelievably bad. We go nowhere unless we change our game plan in both areas. Good coaches do that, and I am hopeful Gailey and his staff are ready for the Dolphins.

As I said before the season started, nine games is the measuring point for this coaching and front office staff, and they had better deal with this blip on the screen. Two wins in the next two weeks and we'll have forgotten this game.

It hasn't been acceptable since the Cincy debacle when we have a comfy lead and start throwing the ball everywhere instead of killing some clock.

This is on Chan, he really makes me wonder about his play calling sometimes, he starts this game with 3 straight passes again, next series, 3 straight passes, til freddy finally gets a carry on the 3rd series. To me, I think Chans playcalling has been unacceptable, we have the leading rusher, but he'd rather have the ball in the hands of our below average QB. He needs to drop that pass setting up the run, like today and try to save this damn season.

Oh, almost forgot the Giants disaster, 3 minutes, tied game, ball on there 25, how do you NOT run freddy at least once or twice before taking a shot ? ughh, so frustrating and upsetting...

FredEx was being discussed as an NFL MVP candidate, and then all of a sudden he's not featured. Fred was the key to the pace and success of the offense.

For some reason, everything has been put squarely on Fitz's shoulders, and we all know that's a dicey prospect.

Yes, he'll get stopped now and then - especially when we're facing a defense like the Jets - but that's not a reason to take the burden off of him and dump it all on Fitz and his cadre of mostly mediocre receivers.

chan has been way too obsessed with the pass all season especially early in the game

you would think a team with an awful defense would want to run to try and control the clock and game but not chan :wallbash:

We got so far behind so fast that the run game was advesrsely impacted. When the other team scores one one or a handful of plays repeatedly, 13 play drives go by the way. It's the way it is for everyone. The Bills' defense basically took away our running game.

We came out trying to run last week and it didn't work either. When we were scoring like crazy, there were no complaints about our passing the ball. The NFL in 2011 is a passing league. Deal with it.

Having said that, it does grind my gears when we have a first and goal at the five and he throws it.

It hasn't been acceptable since the Cincy debacle when we have a comfy lead and start throwing the ball everywhere instead of killing some clock.

This is on Chan, he really makes me wonder about his play calling sometimes, he starts this game with 3 straight passes again, next series, 3 straight passes, til freddy finally gets a carry on the 3rd series. To me, I think Chans playcalling has been unacceptable, we have the leading rusher, but he'd rather have the ball in the hands of our below average QB. He needs to drop that pass setting up the run, like today and try to save this damn season.

Oh, almost forgot the Giants disaster, 3 minutes, tied game, ball on there 25, how do you NOT run freddy at least once or twice before taking a shot ? ughh, so frustrating and upsetting...

I don't think Fitz is below average, and either do the Bills FO who just gave him a big payday. The problem is his surrounding cast of players on that line who can't stay healthy, wth good is an average LT if he is injured more often then not.

The Bills do one thing well in the passing game, quick short passes. Once defenses figure out that if they bump the receivers on the line, then that goes out the window, whats left? Fitz trying to complete mid range to deep passes when he has no time to throw.

The Bills have been their own worst enemies in falling in love with this short-passing Game and seemingly having nothing to counter with when Teams obviously know what is coming...The way the Jets and Cowboys played Freddie and the Screen Game overall took The Bills completely out of their element...The other thing I've noticed is how Fitz seems to go to Chandler more in the Red Zone and WAY less between the 20's...Maybe I'm wrong about that...but it does seem that way...Nevertheless, Teams understand shutting down Freddie is priority #1...The Bills are without 2 of their Top 3 Tackles on the Offensive Line, and I don't think it's a mystery why the production in the Running Game has dropped back with Levitre at LT...Did everyone see Levitre getting shoved back all day by Ware? I give him credit for sticking in there, but Ware was bull Rushing and knocking Andy back 3 Yards on contact...It was scary...

Anyway...Yes the Bills need to run Freddie more, but opposing Defenses know that too...They know the Offense runs through Freddie...So they are trying to take Freddie out of the Game early by shutting down the Runs and Screens, get a lead, and then The Bills can't feed him in the 2nd Half... B-)

We got so far behind so fast that the run game was advesrsely impacted. When the other team scores one one or a handful of plays repeatedly, 13 play drives go by the way. It's the way it is for everyone. The Bills' defense basically took away our running game.

really? wasnt it the running game that got them back in the raiders and patriots games?

no reason to abandon the run or come out throwing every week like chan does

really? wasnt it the running game that got them back in the raiders and patriots games?

no reason to abandon the run or come out throwing every week like chan does

Exactly! It drives me crazy when we have a 3rd and 1 or 3rd and 2 and we come out in shotgun formation...What happened to the play action once in a while? It's so predictable!

We came out trying to run last week and it didn't work either. When we were scoring like crazy, there were no complaints about our passing the ball. The NFL in 2011 is a passing league. Deal with it.

Having said that, it does grind my gears when we have a first and goal at the five and he throws it.

No we didn't run last week....

I agree....Fred only had 6 carries at the half....

6 rushes for 28 yards. It was 28-7 at that point... Considering the D wasn't playing well, the Bills can't exactly slow the game down and run the clock down. They needed to play catch up... which means quick scores. Hell, when it was a quick 14-0, FredEx had 3 rushes for 9 yards. The run game just wasn't producing enough early and the Bills were down by a lot fast. Of course later in the 2nd half when the Boys' weren't stacking against the run, Fred got his yards and IMO an inflated 8.7 ypc. I didn't like the 3 first plays of the game being passes but when the first play of the game is a sack because of a missed assignment, its hard to go to the run on 2nd and 19. Especially with how easy the Boys' marched down the field I'm sure Chan felt the pressure to pick up that first down and keep the offense on the field. Hence the 2 pass plays after. Who knows, maybe 2nd down was suppose to be a run, but the sack limited it. See what a bad defense can do? It makes your scheme and running the ball very hard.