All 22

The Big Cat

For all you know, Ms. Smarty Pants, I own share in the Packers.

And tell me, if I'm a customer, what's the product?

When you buy a car, wouldn't you like some guarantee that it's not going fall off its axles the moment you pull it off the lot?

When you buy a pair of pants, don't you want to try them on first?

When I INVEST time, money and interest into a professional sports team, I don't see how I can be restricted from kicking the tires a time or two. If it's a sound PRODUCT, there should be nothing to hide.

What's your point?

Are you suggesting the NFL is NOT being sketchy about this? If so, I'd like to know how you justify that stance.

i think its silly they dont offer it but i dont think its sketchy.

and yes, for all i know you could be big cat ralph wilson, but im guessing your not. in this case you are a consumer and a viewer. just because you dedicate your time and dollars doesnt make you an investor. i dont get to go into mcdonalds and demand a mcrib just because i eat a lot of big macs.

as for inspecting before you buy - i think any of your purchases are pretty well backed up. you can check the stitching on your jersey, try on your jacket, check the view from your seats.

with regards to viewing, the nfl has committed to you an entertainment product as a viewing experience. although you personally may feel that means access to all cameras in order to insure that you are getting the best football possible - its simply not what the nfl is running. the nfl is selling you an entertaining three hours of your life. if they wanted they could have no 22 man cameras at all!

as much as you feel like you bleed bills colors - you are not an investor, and nothing is your "right" beyond the right to choose what you want to do with your time and money given what they offer you.

Edited by NoSaint

I wish they did offer it, but it just means football is getting to be more like baseball - better viewed in person. I hate TV baseball coverage. You can't see the shifts or the body language of any of the players which is the key to a lot of great baseball.

But I think this just goes to show that the NFL is more interested in a neatly packaged "product." I don't think it's a giant conspiracy to keep fans ignorant, but I think it is an attempt to market certain aspects of the game. Like most of the major sports it's simply no longer about the game. It's about making money.

Just like historical game footage, they just do not see enough of a market to get a return on investment with the All-22 footage. The reasons given in the article are lame, but that does not mean there is any sort of conspiracy. One talking head said that fans will make criticisms of players/coaches, without watching enough film to accurately educate themselves on multiple games and schemes. Ummm...they do that now. Hell, people complain without even watching the games, just highlights. Fans will criticize. That is what they do. Get over it.

As a guy who watches a lot of historical game film, I absolutely soak up game footage. That is how you accurately assess players and teams throughout history. Some of those films are All-22s, which gives great insight. The All-22s from current games would be wonderful to see. However, I do not see them offering it anytime soon.

What's your point?

I think he's just challenging your belief that you have a "right" to something simply because you "invest" your time, money and interest in a sports team. You simply have no right to anything except your own decision to "invest" your time based on whatever return you get on this investment. If you want to see this film, and they tell you no, the only right you have is to either stop watching or shut the hell up. Otherwise you don't have a right to anything the NFL owns. And that includes your concept of having a share in the Packers.

I think he's just challenging your belief that you have a "right" to something simply because you "invest" your time, money and interest in a sports team. You simply have no right to anything except your own decision to "invest" your time based on whatever return you get on this investment. If you want to see this film, and they tell you no, the only right you have is to either stop watching or shut the hell up. Otherwise you don't have a right to anything the NFL owns. And that includes your concept of having a share in the Packers.

roughly, yup.

to say i really would like to see it is very reasonable - to demand it as a right as an investor seemed very over the top.

Edited by NoSaint

i think its silly they dont offer it but i dont think its sketchy.

and yes, for all i know you could be big cat ralph wilson, but im guessing your not. in this case you are a consumer and a viewer. just because you dedicate your time and dollars doesnt make you an investor. i dont get to go into mcdonalds and demand a mcrib just because i eat a lot of big macs.

as for inspecting before you buy - i think any of your purchases are pretty well backed up. you can check the stitching on your jersey, try on your jacket, check the view from your seats.

with regards to viewing, the nfl has committed to you an entertainment product as a viewing experience. although you personally may feel that means access to all cameras in order to insure that you are getting the best football possible - its simply not what the nfl is running. the nfl is selling you an entertaining three hours of your life. if they wanted they could have no 22 man cameras at all!

as much as you feel like you bleed bills colors - you are not an investor, and nothing is your "right" beyond the right to choose what you want to do with your time and money given what they offer you.

Nothing wrong with playing the whipping boy to foment a little discussion during a loss week.

I fully agree that fans don't have the "right" to anything. But I do think it's sketchy the NFL won't make that footage available.

And, from where I sit, the "cost" to them would be marginal. As a subscriber to NFL rewind, I already have limited access to the angle.

Also: for the baseball guy out there, my fiance had a subscription to MLB audio, got the video upgrade for the playoffs and could choose from several different angles to watch the game from.

I wish they did offer it, but it just means football is getting to be more like baseball - better viewed in person. I hate TV baseball coverage. You can't see the shifts or the body language of any of the players which is the key to a lot of great baseball.

But I think this just goes to show that the NFL is more interested in a neatly packaged "product." I don't think it's a giant conspiracy to keep fans ignorant, but I think it is an attempt to market certain aspects of the game. Like most of the major sports it's simply no longer about the game. It's about making money.

It's ALWAYS been about making money. College and pro. That will never change. Only the packaging, as you pointed out.

GO BILLS!!!

You must not have been there for the ongoing "why don't they call more fly routes for our receivers?" vs. "they are calling plays downfield, trent's just not throwing the ball" arguments.

If you look hard enough, you'll find discussion on sites like these that are first and foremost concerned with strategy, scheming, play design, assignments and overall football philosophy. The All-22 cam would clarify A LOT if not ALL the conjecture surrounding these topics.

The Captain Checkdown discussions? I tried to avoid them.

what would this place be like without ALL the conjecture surrounding these topics??