Snippets from Gang Green Nation

surfing around Gang Green Nation Dept. of C'mon Man

Found these gems:

Furthermore, the Jets secondary shouldn't have too many problems shutting down Ryan Fitzpatrick's down-field passing We're very confident, there, chaps.

This year, Jackson has evolved into Buffalo's entire offense. Seriously? Fred is good, but Fitzy and the Goonies ain't racked up 248 yds/game standing there clapping while FredEx rolls by.

Unintentional humor:

Sanchez is literally among the worst quarterbacks when facing a pass rush, but is among the best when he is protected. Since the Bills have been lacking in this category all year (even moreso now that Shawne Merriman is out for the year), Sanchez will have every opportunity to carve up the Buffalo secondary. Too funny, considering we racked up a dime's worth of sacks last week sans Shawne

And the prize:

Aaron Maybin: Yes, Aaron Maybin REALLY is that good. As I have said before, he is far from a complete player, but he does his job and does it well. Rex schemes for Aaron Maybin to get to the quarterback untouched, which has already resulted in 3 sacks and 3 forced fumbles. It would not surprise me if the Bills completely eliminate Maybin from every game by specifically planning for him, but double teaming Maybin will leave another Jet with an open lane to the quarterback

Double-teaming Maybin? Game-planning to eliminate Maybin from every play? Seriously? C'Mon man.

Nothing against Aaron, I wish him well, but if we have to double-team to stop that little runt or if we let him get close enough to sniff Fitzy's shoulderpads, I'll be very very very disappointed in us.

Unless of course it's some play where Fitzy is Flacco-like, wandering aimlessly around the backfield with the ball swinging loose down by his side. Then it's a learning experience.

I hate the Jets, their cocky fans and coach. They embody every D-bag New Yorker (city) in that they think the world evolves around them. I hate the city and I hate the Jets. They are the scum of the earth.

Please, for the love of all things holy, go get a snack on these NYC/Jersey rats Buffalo!

And put this guy were he should be, face down in a bubble bath: http://cbssports.com/images/blogs/Mark_Sanchez_Bathtub_GQ_Interview_Photoshoot.jpg

Edited by BradyGaga

How can you gameplan for a player to not get blocked? I know Maybin has 3 sacks but those have to be the softest 3 sacks in NFL history. The first two were in garbage time. The last one was a complete missed block by a RB.

Knoweldgeable Jet fans (Some exist not very many though) view Maybin as nothing more than a guy who has the potential to be a decent situation pass rusher. I had my buddy who is a Jet fan tell me that Maybin will never have a double digit sack season in the NFL and if he ever finished with more than 6 sacks he would be shocked. He said Maybin is just not good enough against the run nor effective enough of a pass rusher to play that way.

He said that in obvious pass situations he could compile a handful of sacks (4-6) per season which is a nice role player but not some sort of gem the Bills lost out on.

everyone thinks they have the best team in the league prior to kick off and then the worst if they lose

True and I can tell you from living in NYC jets fans/media are the most manic depressive in the NFL. It's reflected in how easy their team mates turn on each other after losses. They were on the ropes mentally after 3 losses, if bolts had finished them week before bye in meadowlands that could have done it.

But nothing a loss to the lowly bills tomorrow can't make up for.

:)

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I visited the other gang green MB this week and reminded me a lot to the Chiefs board before the season opener. Apparently we have no chance, the only guy giving the Bills some credit is a pats fan.

I noticed that, too. All they have to do is shut down Fred Jackson. Revis will take away Freddie, and we have nobody else.

And their D is wonderful while ours sucks, ignoring the point that we're slightly better than they are in a couple of statistics that really count (pts/game given up and TOP on D)

Hope Nelson, Chandler, Naaman and hopefully Jonesy are smiling: "I'm nobody, who are you?".

Not to mention I think every D comes to play the Bills saying "all we have to do is shut down Fred Jackson".

Hope our D takes it personally.

Damn, why didn't the Bills try that? :lol:

Not to mention the Jets are going to scheme to shut down Fred Jackson and neutralize Fitz. Damn, why didn't KC, Oak, NE and Philly think of that?