What tactics do you anticipate in the jests game?

On offense:

The track record is that the jest like to do wild ass blitzes and depend upon their two good CB's to handle the WR one on one. I don't see any change in that from the jets. We will run a bunch of stacked receivers to run picks and get the ball to our secondary receivers quickly. We will also run a lot of draws, slip passes to Freddy, and shovel passes. As a "surprise", I expect to see us go 4 or 5 wide and split out Jackson and Spiller to try to get a mismatch with a linebacker covering them. Fritz will roll out to get more time to pass. I also expect some sort of flea-flicker off of this with Fritz rolling and then passing/laterially to Smith on the opposite side. Don't be surprised to see a lot of Smith as QB, not only to read-and-run but to actually pass the ball. I think we have been setting this up in the last few games.

On defense: I expect to see Darius as a classic nose tackle. Most of the year, we have played a contain the run defense with the defensive line putting their hands up to block passing lanes and close coverage. We never got the pass rush from Merriman or anybody else for that matter. Based upon last game, Darius' collpasing the pocket from the front and our weakness at linebacker, I expect to see a lot of blitzes from the Bills as well this week. It's something clear-cut for Moats and Batten and Coleman to do,

Any other ideas?

I think this game will be a test for Dareus. Mangold is one of the best centers around, and will have some tricks in store for the rookie. With that said, I still expect Dareus to collapse the pocket.

Sanchez is not an elite QB like Tom Brady or Eli Manning, nor is he dangerous on his feet like Michael Vick. Sanchez doesn't scare me.

I see the Bills doing a lot of what they did against the Raiders defensively. Sell out to stop the run (they did stop DMac and Bush for the most part) and make Sanchez beat you through the air. If Sanchez throws for over 300 yards, I think the Bills are doomed. On defense: it's all about stopping the run and containing the pass.

On offense: I have to believe it is going to be the Fred Jackson show. It would be nice to get CJ Spiller involved (as people have been stating on some other posts), but I think the Bills will live or die by FJax on Sunday.

J-E-T-S-jets jets jets--- S-U-C-K-suck suck suck!

Go Bills!

The Jets offense is not a cause for concern. We've played and beaten much better.

Defensively, if the Jets blitz us a lot like they are want to do, it probably is going to be a long game for them. Our offense is ideal for exploiting blitzes with our good O-line play and array of screens and short passes. I completely trust Fitz to make quick reads and exploit the holes in their defense. Expect lots of screens.

OK, if I were Chan (and I'm not)

I come out with a 5 wide set ... I put Johnson and Jones split left hoping I either draw both Revis and Cro to that side, or Revis and some type of double team to that side of the field. I put Nelson in the slot, with Chandler and Freddy out right.

If I see the Jests showing me six or seven rushers PRESNAP, I rotate either Freddy, Chandler, or Nelson (a good blocking WR) back into the backfield, at the snap if the defenders start to backpeddle out of blitz formation, let the extra blocker slip out wide to the left as an outlet (Stevie and Jones should have cleared that area), and chose either whoever doesn't "pull" Revis on the left, who ever beats their coverage on the right, or back to the outlet on the left.

I think Revis and Cro are the best cover tandem in the league ... but I think we can overwhelm their coverage with shear numbers of capable WRs, and formations.

I just have a feeling this may be Spiller's breakout game. They will try to limit Freddie with 8 in the box knowing that Revis can man up Stevei all day. Spiller will run at least one reverse from the WR spot. I say let Revis be Revis and use their tendencies against them. If you know he is going to man up Stevie on almost every play it will be that much easier for Fitz to read the defense. This game should be won by Jackson getting 80 yards rushing and 40 yards receiving along with a healthy dose of David Nelson and Scott Chandler over the middle. I like our 2nd. 3rd, and 4th receiving options over their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th cover guys. Also this might be the week to move the pocket a bit. Fitz doesn't throw well on the run but he does move well. I would give him a few run/pass options plays to get their LB's moving the wrong way and maybe get Spiller in the open.

I fear the Jets passing game more than most apparently. We still can't cover a TE after 60+ years in the league. Sanchez has three decent targets and they can still play action us to death. Barnett should help in coverage as he is so much better than Poz ever was. I would rush Dareus from the NT position and stunt Moats up the middle or send Sheppard up the middle on an inside blitz. Pressure is worst for a QB up the middle. Sanchez is a decent athlete but he is not going to kill us with his legs so I don't fear him getting out of the pocket. They need to keep their emotions in check. This defense is out to prove something and will be flying to the ball. That makes me worry they will be susceptible to cut backs, reverses, and misdirection plays. Need to stay home and not give up the big play.

If Revis is on his game, expect Stevie to have a very quiet day. Chan will try some tricks to isloate Steve in the slot, but if Revis follows him around the field it won't matter. So the onus is on our TE and other wideouts to make sure they're in sync with Fitzy. Another key will be Freddy and CJ running flare control. This forces the defense to spread itself out even further, leaving good-size gaps for yards after the catch.

On running plays, the O-Line must get to the second level to prevent the linebackers from stacking the middle, and the wideouts have to block down the field. That's been a key to Freddy's success this year...the wideouts are doing a good job blocking downfield, so that's been giving him good cutback lanes. I think our defense has an easier job this week. They absolutely have to stop the run, which puts the game on Sanchez's shoulders and he isn't the kind of QB that can take over a game. I would put Dareus at nose and make sure he's gumming up the works in the middle. He needs to tie up at least two O linemen, allowing the linebackers to flow to the ball. The weakest part of the defense is the lack of pass rush, so hopefully Chan can disguise coverages enough to confuse Sanchez, which doesn't seem to be that difficult to do.

Still, I wouldn't be suprised if the Jets pull this one out, but it's not the end of the season if they do.

The Jets offense is not a cause for concern. We've played and beaten much better.

Defensively, if the Jets blitz us a lot like they are want to do, it probably is going to be a long game for them. Our offense is ideal for exploiting blitzes with our good O-line play and array of screens and short passes. I completely trust Fitz to make quick reads and exploit the holes in their defense. Expect lots of screens.

I have a lot of confidence in Fitz. He doesn't make big mental errors. His errors are typically physical - throws the ball to the right guy but maybe it's a little short or off target.

I think the Jets go the extra mile to get some hits in at the whistle. They will look to extend plays and lay on hits trying to "remind the Bills who's boss." This will be an obvious statement that they do not feel confident enough to beat us on the field.

Everybody seems to be worried about Revis taking our #1 reciever out of the game ... but the converse is also true ... our #1 reciever can take Revis out of the game.

We don't have a true #1 reciever ... I don't mean to dis Stevie ... but he isn't the "mega-talent" WR that we've built our Offense around ... he's good no doubt ... but his reputation is built as much on his personality as his skill. While some teams ability to pass the ball pretty much depends on one or two guys getting open, the Bills ability to pass, is spread over quite a number of guys flooding the field, Chans ability to draw up plays to get someone open, and Fitz's ability to make good snap decisions.

IMHO, we can hurt a team equally well with Jones, Nelson, Roosevelt, and Chandler (with Freddy and C.J. lining up at WR occasionally to add some spice). Revis wants to shadow Stevie and shut him down .... have at it .... and let our other guys run amuck without worrying about Revis.

I don't expect to see this, but I think it would be awesome if on the first series we figured out a way to get macintyre 1 on 1 blocking revis with a full head of steam on running plays. A few good licks from Corey early could rattle him and throw him off his game.

I like how you think. I would love to see Stevie in the slot and run the ball at Revis.