McGee Love

Virgil

I haven't seen this talked about much, so either it's just obvious or I'm seeing something that isn't there. But to me, our D looked better this past week, and decent against the Giants the same time McGee came back. Yes, against the Giants, Eli abused Drayton badly. That was very uncharacteristic for Florence, but it happens and we know what he's capable of. Last week though, Drayton was on his game, McGee wasn't heard from, and we rushed more than 4 on multiple occasions with great success.

I've always believed that one of the greatest compliments you can give certain players is not hearing their name in a broadcast. Since McGee has come back, you haven't heard his name and no one has thrown his way. Just having him back, and Florence being his normal self, I think makes our D a ton better. Having these guys being able to handle the occasional man coverage allows our guys to bring the house from time to time, McKelvin to plan the slot, and our front 7 to blitz.

I don't know, and maybe I'll be proven wrong this week, but I think this past week is a sign of things to come.

I have had that feeling myself...we had blitz plays last week I never thought I'd see the bills do all year!...it was awesome....for once this year, I couldn't tell pre snap who was covering who, or what zone package we were in....maybe Edwards took the bye week to play madden and learn some variety on d! Haha.....Williams out was another huge factor though...he wasn't himself this season with that foot and honestly, I feel he should get 100% for next year....our d will finish top 12 if we use the personel and schemes of last week.

Didn't we all dislike this guy earlier in the year? He was on a lot of our cut lists on preseason.

I do recall that, however I thought it was a ridiculous notion to axe him...he was and is our best corner...not spectacular, but our best.....I remember when I saw the rumor about cutting him on this board, I was almost frantic..I thought it was insanity to CUT him....i guess most fans dont like him and wanted him gone (stupid move), but thankfully chan doesn't sit like a good boy to the wishes of fans ( a la elway/fox and co.)...stay healthy Terrence!

Didn't we all dislike this guy earlier in the year? He was on a lot of our cut lists on preseason.

I do recall that, however I thought it was a ridiculous notion to axe him...he was and is our best corner...not spectacular, but our best.....I remember when I saw the rumor about cutting him on this board, I was almost frantic..I thought it was insanity to CUT him....i guess most fans dont like him and wanted him gone (stupid move), but thankfully chan doesn't sit like a good boy to the wishes of fans ( a la elway/fox and co.)...stay healthy Terrence!

Damn iPhone.......sorry