Revis and Butt-head

#34fan

For the record, I started off having really high hopes for this young man's career. His return game was impressive in the early years at San Diego. As a cornerback his presence was initially menacing. However, as numbers rose in the INT column, questions rose in other areas. Many were surprised in the '09 playoffs when he politely gave Shonn Greene the right-of-way on a 53 yard scamper for six. Others saw it coming a mile away. He was reluctant to tackle. Even now, he seems to need help taking guys to the mat. -A problem he does not seem to have with the ladies. Generally, I think it best to stay out of players private lives. Cromartie, however, makes that principle hard to maintain. Nine babies from eight different women spread accross six different states is no longer a private matter. If a man can't respect himself enough to PROTECT himself, why should we bother? Then there's the Brady thing. I really struggled with this one because officially Brady is the enemy. I had to ask myself though: Did Tom really deserve to be called an a****ole? -By a 26 year old with eight kids, and seven baby-mommas? (the number has since increased.) It just didn't seem right. Recently, he pegged his old squad as "a team that can't finish" Something which they actually proved in the Monday night game @ KC. So he's off the hook for that one. Still, isn't "can't finsh" a tradition he helped establish by his lack of tackling with the Bolts? Some might say yes. I just wonder which Cromartie we'll see on Sunday? He plays well in outdoor stadiums, but has had zero INT's against us in three games. (Don't know how much he played in those games) If I'm Fitz though I'd watch out for him. I don't think we'll be throwing in the general direction of Revis, so that may free up Cromartie to make a big play. I think he STILL has that potential in his DNA. Trouble is, his DNA seems to be everywhere. As does his focus. Two factors which make this guy very hard to respect. What do you guys think?

Edited by #34fan

Given the Jets run defense is ranked 25th and Freddy is having an excellent 2011 I would run at them all day and work my tight ends with the pass when there is a linebacker covering.

KH

If Freddy was 22 years old, I would love that game plan. Don't know about you, but I hate that sinking feeling that occurs when a valued player is slow to get up from a tackle. Heaven forbid. I'd like Johnny White to share carries, but I'm worried about turnovers. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for "Feeding Freddy", I just don't want to feed Freddy to a riled-up Jets defense. Just wish there was some happy medium.

Edited by #34fan

If Freddy was 22 years old, I would love that game plan. Don't know about you, but I hate that sinking feeling that occurs when a valued player is slow to get up from a tackle. Heaven forbid. I'd like Johnny White to share carries, but I'm worried about turnovers. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for "Feeding Freddy", I just don't want to feed Freddy to a riled-up Jets defense. Just wish there was some happy medium.

I hear you, but I think you can build off the run with some play action pass utilizing the tight ends and that may reduce the impact on Freddy. I don't think Revis is god-like, but he is very good and does get a little help from the officials from time to time due to his reputation - which may take away half the field.

KH

He can't get hurt if he was 22? Understand your concern but if you don't give a player the ball for fear of injury why bother playing?

He can't get hurt if he was 22? Understand your concern but if you don't give a player the ball for fear of injury why bother playing?

Getting your bell rung at 22, would likely convert to a major concussion at 32. At 42 we're talking cerebral hemmorrhage. Sure, Fred is a guy who can take a pounding. Question is how much? I just don't think it's wise to run such a big part of our offense into the ground all season. Share the load. Freddy goes down, and the dream is OVER.

I hear you, but I think you can build off the run with some play action pass utilizing the tight ends and that may reduce the impact on Freddy. I don't think Revis is god-like, but he is very good and does get a little help from the officials from time to time due to his reputation - which may take away half the field.

KH

Fitz has said that he will not shut down DRs side of the field, and I believe him and I think that is probably the right thing to do. I expect the "quick release gunslinger who always knows where he's going" vs the best cover corner in football to be an interesting matchup of two good football minds. As for Cromartie, yeah he's dangerous but he can also be beaten.